Friday 28 December 2012

Soap and Glory - Crazy Sexy Kohl Liners

 
 
 
Soap and Glory - Crazy, Sexy Kohl Liners - RRP £19.00 - Sale Price in Boots - £8.00
 
Hi ladies, before I get on to this little bargain I just wanted to start by saying that I hope you've all had an amazing Christmas and got everything you wished for and more, I certainty did and I look forward too seeing all of your new bits and bobs on your blogs over the next few weeks. I was going to post a Boxing Day haul on my blog today but for some reason blogger wasn't working out for me and would only let me add two photo's to this post so I thought i'd just show you each thing at a time instead. I went for a mooch around the Boxing day sales on Wednesday and if I'm honest I never really find a whole lot that I think is really worth it but Boots were offering 50% of every single one of their Christmas gift sets! Therefore I picked up a fair few and so have loads of bits and bobs to show you all. The first of which was one of the gift sets from Soap and Glory which I love! It's the gift set which contains 5 of S&G's most favourite smoulder eye kohl liners and also 3 of their pan form eyeshadows.
 
You can actually buy these smoulder eye kohl's separately from the Soap and Glory range, each retailing at £5.00 (here) each so even before the sale to get 5 of their eyeliners (retailing for £25.00) and 3 eyeshadows housed in a really cute tin for £19.00 was a real bargain but being reduced to half price just made it a must buy for me. The colours you get within this set are Superblack, a carbon black eyeliner, Cocoa Bean, a deep brown eyeliner, Aquabat, deep emerald green, Blue my mind, bright jubilee blue and grapevine which is a dark plumy purple. These liners are really good quality and are really soft when you apply them, I've tried them on my waterline and on my top lash line and they work really well on both. These liners are incredibly pigmented and are also the type of liners that are smooth enough that you can blend and smudge them out if you want to create a smokey eye look. The only thing I would say about these liners is the fact that if you apply them on your lower lash line they are likely to smudge and end up just below your lashes due to the fact that they are so soft and are meant to be liners that can smudge out easily, other than that I love them and you can always set the liner with some eye shadow if you need too.
 
Also within this set you get 3 of their panned eyeshadows, normally you can get 4 of their panned eyeshadows in a quad for £10.00 so I am guessing each pan retails at about £2.00 each. You get 3 colours within this palette that actually really compliment each other, firstly you get Aubersheen, which is a sheeny light brown, dandy plum, which is nearly exactly the same shade as grapevine and lastly you get smokin' which is a dark black with tiny specks of silver shimmer included. From first impressions all of these shadows seem fairly pigmented and you could easily create a smokey night time look with these or a simple look for the day time as well if you left smokin' out of the mix.
 
All in all I am really impressed with this gift set, it is amazing value for money even before the 50% off, but for 5 eyeliners and 3 eyeshadows of good quality for £8.00 you really can't go wrong at all. Unfortunately this gift set is already sold out on the Boots website. What bargains have you picked up in the sales?
 

SHARE:

27 comments

  1. Hello beautiful
    I just discovered your blog, and I loved it, do you think if we keep?? I already SIGO,, follow me you me??
    I have new post, I hope
    kisses
    Gigi

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely post, love the kit!

    theistyleblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! Boots have been having good sales on their gift sets! ;)

    I love Soap and Glory's bath and skin products but have never tried out anything from their make up range. Would love to find out how you get on with these products :)
    I am now following you :) Feel free to follow back if you want to.

    www.cosmeticallycreative.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lily! So happy about this boots sale haha! I've been using the eyeliners since I got them and I love theeeeem! So soft! Xxx ill check out your blog ASAP xxx

      Delete
  4. Great blog. Happy holidays :)

    -em x

    http://www.unicornrevolution.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, how cool! :D

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look lovely!

    http://beccammartin.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. The set looks gorgeous - I was going to buy it in the Boots sale, I think I should have x


    www.ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! I hope you can still find it!! X

      Delete
  8. Hiya, I really like your blog enjoy reading it you put great products together. Have started to follow,
    Am new to the world of blogging maybe you could have a look at mine and if you like it follow plz .

    happy new yr
    http://greatlittlefinds.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hiyaa! aww thank you :) i'm glad you enjoy it, I will check your blog out soon xxx

      Delete
  9. Oh my goodness what an awesome little set! The gold shadow look gorg! Wish we had a boots here in Arizona xx

    beautybyren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah it is really nice! oooh I bet haha there's so many American stores I wish we had! xx

      Delete
  10. This is soooo cool I haven't seen these in Boots although I haven't been to the shops for a while. I like your blog hun it's really good :)
    xxx

    Tia

    www.bellezzababe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh no! go go go they have 50% of all the gift sets so there are some right bargains! thank you hun! xx

      Delete
  11. You got a great deal on these liners! The colors look great, too.

    *now your newest follower via greader. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah I know! was so happy I didn't buy them before Christmas! thank you :) xx

      Delete
  12. Happy New year to you! Hope your 2013 is starting off well :)
    I love the teal colour, looks really gorgeous- I must get to boots before all the best sale stuff goes.
    xxx
    http://heroineinheels.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thank you laura! hope you're having a good new year too!
      yeah it's so unique, I like that one too! yeah go and get there quick haha! xxx

      Delete
  13. The liners looks gorgeous <3
    Nice blog!! Lets follow each other?
    Let me know..

    Happy new year!
    xo,Sara

    http://amulhereamoda.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, yeah will defo check your blog out soon! xxx

      Delete
  14. thank you both :) hope you had a lovely Christmas too! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. thank you :) & thanks for the follow,
    will defo check your blog and give away out! Xxx

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate and read every single one of my comments, check back too because I reply to every single one, I figure you took the time to write me a comment so I should take the time to reply! (although it sometimes takes me a few days) if you have any specific enquiries or want to reach me sooner with a question feel free to email me gemmabullock@icloud.com. Thank you so much for your support x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Gem Bullock
Blogger Templates made by pipdig