Friday 8 March 2013

Soothing Shower Gels







Radox Smoothie Shower Gels in Island Indulgent (here), Soul Soother (here) & Original Source shower gel in Vanilla & Raspberry (here).

Hi lovelies, hope you're okay! I have another review for you guys today, I've kind of been on fire with my blog this week & I've posted every single day so I hope you've been enjoying that. Today I thought i'd talk about something pretty random, I don't often see shower gels really talked about on blogs, I guess because they're not that interesting but I personally love buying shower gels, they're such an essential. I think they should be talked about more really because we all have to use them and I can bet people try out lots of different brands when trying to find a good one. I've therefore decided to pick out 3 of the most gorgeous, soothing shower gels that smell amazing, work wonders and that you can pick up for quite a bargain price too so I hope you don't find this too weird haha!

As you can see I have picked up 3 of my favourite shower gels and I thought whilst they were looking nice and new and squeaky clean I would share them with you. These are all pretty cheap and they all smell amazing and really leave your skin feeling really soft and lovely. As you can see I really love fruity scents in my shower gels and I like anything that really leaves my skin feeling really clean but has a lovely scent and is also moisturising on my dry skin.

The first two of these shower gels are from Radox and they are from the smoothie range, I know a lot of you may not have tried these but if you haven't I couldn't urge you more to pick one up next time you see them. There's something about these shower gels in particular that is just amazing, they smell good and they work so well they're probably my favourite shower gels and my whole family love them too now so it shows they're pretty damn good.

The first one that I've never tried before but picked up recently is the shower gel in  Island Indulgence, I picked this up off the shelf because I love the other Radox smoothie gels and I think the bright orange colour just caught my eye so I wanted to give it ago. I flipped up the lid and almost instantly fell in love with this scent, it says on the bottle that it's a "vibrant passion fruit & papaya shower smoothie with juicy aronia berries and real fruit seeds" I would agree it's really fruity and just smells amazing. It's just a really refreshing scent and I think this one would be really good to use in the morning if you're trying to wake yourself up a bit.What's cool about this one in particular is the fact that it contains bits of papaya which means it can double up as a really soft scrub, it's not harsh at all but I swear to god I have never found a shower gel that leaves your skin as soft as this range does. Plus this one in particular really gets me in the mood for summer!

The second one from the Radox smoothie range is this pink one in Soul Soother, I loveeeee it! This one has scents of black current, chamomile and has real cranberry seeds in. This is my favourite shower gel in the whole entire world and I actually swear by it. I find this scent really relaxing and I love using it before bed because I actually find it helps me wind down and sleep better which seems crazy. This is a very sweet smelling scent and is just so thick and lovely and lathers really well too. I have a lot of loving for this line and they actually have the same consistency as smoothies so I really do like them a lot.

The next shower gel is from the lovely Original Source line, these get a lot of hype in the blogging world and I really like them too. The lime one in particular is really gorgeous and refreshing but i'm more a really sweet scent girl and this one in Vanilla and Raspberry probably just sums me up in a scent. I love smelling sweet and this shower gel leaves me smelling just like that this actually smells more like strawberries and creams to me but I don't mind that at all, it's again a really thick shower gel which lathers up and just leaves you feeling smooth and silky. I love the ethics behind this brand too, they are a vegan brand and it's packed with all natural ingredients meaning that the fragrance is all natural too. I also love the bottle of this shower gel, I know it's stupid to talk about the bottles of shower gel but I really like this one, I think it's designed really nice and I like that in all 3 of the shower gels I've chosen you can easily see how much product you have left so you know when to repurchase them.

Anyway, I hope you all enjoyed this post and if you get a chance I would really recommend trying out these shower gels, these all retail between £2.00 & £3.00 but they are all half price in Boots right now so you can  pick them up on offer. Do you have a favourite shower gel? :) let me know & I hope you all have a really lovely weekend! xxx

SHARE:

54 comments

  1. that Original Source one looks so lovely! Have you tried their mint one? - Lilie xx

    mintcandylilies.blogspot.co.uk
    If anyone is at all interested, i've just posted a giveaway up on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lillie! :) Yeah it's really good actually & smells super yummy! Yeah I have, it's perfect for the mornings - wakes you up in no time! :) xxx

      Delete
  2. I love the Radox Smoothie range! They smell amaaazing!
    Abby
    Be You and Be Beautiful
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay me too! I don't know why people don't rave about them more, they're sooo good! xx

      Delete
  3. Have you tried Imperial Leathers' foam shower gel (can't remember the name) they are so gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nooo I don't think I have actually?! I might have to try them out now, thanks for the recommendation hun! :) xxx

      Delete
  4. I really like Radox products as they smell and feel great on a low budget price. I'm definitely gonna have to try the Smoothie range, xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah they are really good for that! They're so cheap but feel much more luxurious and expensive than they are! :) Yeah defo try them out if you get a chance - let me know what you think! :) xxx

      Delete
  5. mmmm i just got a shower smoothies for my birthday and i love then so much, smell devine xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh yay really?! I know, smell incredible haven't found anything like it! :) cheers Em! hope you had a nice birthday after hun! xxx

      Delete
  6. Lovely post like this! I might have to pick up the orange smoothie one it sounds lush :)

    Jamie-Lee x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Jamie! :) Yeah do it, the orange one is like Summer in a bottle and we could all do with a bit of that right now haha! xxx

      Delete
  7. What a great post! I've never heard of these products! but I will definetely try to look for them the next time I'm in the UK! thanks for the tip

    Andrea xx
    savingsimplicity13.blospot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrea! :) aww defo do, i'm sure you won't be disappointed! xx

      Delete
  8. Love the sound of the soul soother and the vanilla and raspberry one! I'm your new followers :) xx

    Lucy Loves To Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mmm, they are so good! :) thanks hun, and thank you for the follow too! xxx

      Delete
  9. I've used this orginal source shower gel and it smells amazing :)
    I would love us to follow each other, follow me and I will follow back xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww yay, have you tried any of the other flavours? xxx

      Delete
  10. Lovely review! I really want to try the soul soother! :D xx I'm following you now! :)

    www.LifeAsIzzie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Izzie! :) eeee do it, you'll love it i promise! thanks so much for following :) really appreciate it! xxx

      Delete
  11. ciao ci farebbe molto piacere se ti iscrivessi al nostro blog un bacione Miriam e Eleonora

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've nominated you for a Liebster award
    follow this link to find out your questions

    http://alighthousekeeperx.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/liebster-award.html

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. i love radox shower gel, smells amazing!

    www.boldinballerinass.blogspot.co.uk

    Kamila xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmm, I know it really does! thanks hun xxx

      Delete
  14. hi dear! i just found your blog and i love it! great post! would you like to follow each other? i always return the follow..just let me know
    http://signaturechic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. These sound lovely and such a bargain xx

    ide love if you checked my blog out x 1stepclosereveryday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks hun, they smell amazing too & you're right such a bargain! :) xxx

      Delete
  16. I really love your blog! i followed you http://deanas-lifee.blogspot.co.nz/ xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. i love the radox smoothies, they are my favourite shower gels.

    http://amymika.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay me too! :) they defo get my fav vote as well! xx

      Delete
  18. ooo these look incredible! nom nom nom xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha! they sure are meg, soooo yummy!! Xxx

      Delete
  19. I have the original source shower gel it smells yummy!! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh you do?:) I know! I've constantly got my nose stuck in the bottle like a weirdo! Xx

      Delete
  20. mmmmmm the shower smoothies look gorgeous! good enough to drink! - obv you cant drink shower gel though! gonna have to buy these and try out the different scents!

    Love India xx

    callofbeautyxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha I think it says on one of the bottles not for consumption like on the front! Defo do look good enough to eat/drink though! Thanks for the comment lovely :) xxx

      Delete
  21. I'm a sucker for shower gels!

    I have tagge you over at my blog, here:

    http://thebeautypier.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/procrastinating-beauty-blogger-tag.html

    It's the procrastinating beauty blogger tag, and if you could check it out that would be really lovely! If not, thank you anyway!

    Megan x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Hun! Could buy them all the time :) ill be sure to check out your tag as well! Xxx

      Delete
  22. The one with real cranberries sounds incredible! Wow!

    Lea x

    It's Such A Wonderful Life -
    http://shebeginstosee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. this is cute!
    love your blog! could you poss check out mine? would be an honour
    itsfashiondamnit
    thank you!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hun! :) will check out your blog ASAP! Xxx

      Delete
  24. Ahh I totally agree why don't more people get excited about shower gels, they make you smell good and your skin soft. Your a girl with the same sweet taste as me. Anything with real fruit, I love. Shamefully not tried the Radox smoothies but am a big fan of quite a few different original source products. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay thanks Melanie! I always thought I was just a bit crazy but everyone uses shower gel I hope so people should talk about them more cus it's something we all have to buy! I know I really like the radox ones so give them a try if you get the chance! :) mmm original source is so good too!! Xxx

      Delete
  25. Jaaaa, I love it. And lipstick and previous posts... :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks lovely! That's such a nice thing to say! :) xxx

      Delete
  26. Hello, I just found your blog page and really enjoyed it very much. I'm new to blogging check out my page. kenchac.blogspot.com Love this post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely :) will check your blog out too xxx

      Delete
  27. I am a massive fan of Original Source scrub - the lemon one. I feel like it's so refreshing and wakes you up in the morning. Thanks for the review/insight.

    Alyssa
    http://squibtoday.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh I haven't tried the yellow one would absolutely love too though! :) thanks for the recommendation & comment! Xxx

      Delete
  28. Cannot wait to try these out, I can just imagine the smell of them now and ooh its so nice!

    Really love your blog, I have followed you :) Just to let you know, I have nominated you for the versatile blogger award, all details of what you have to do are on my post at:
    http://accentgirl100.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/the-versatile-blogger-award.html
    :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks Hun! Hahaha let me know if you try them out and thank you very much for the nomination too :) very sweet of you! Xxx

      Delete

I really appreciate and read every single one of my comments, check back too because I reply to every single one, I figure you took the time to write me a comment so I should take the time to reply! (although it sometimes takes me a few days) if you have any specific enquiries or want to reach me sooner with a question feel free to email me gemmabullock@icloud.com. Thank you so much for your support x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Gem Bullock
Blogger Templates made by pipdig