Thursday 21 March 2013

GFC Scandal/ How to follow Gem's Beauty

Hi Ladies, Hope you're all okay! Since the GFC (Google Friend Connect) Scandal has all gone down I've seen that the amount of people following me on their has slowed a considerable amount & therefore I think people aren't using it anymore. From what I understand the only thing that is actually leaving us on the 1st of July is Google Reader, which for me isn't an issue at all because I don't actually use it. When you log into blogger after the 1st of July you will still have Google Friend Connect & therefore all of your followers but you will also have all of your new posts from all of the bloggers you follow ready to read so therefore I don't know why everyone is panicking that much really! But anyway, since this whole scandal is happening and I know people would rather switch over and follow blogs in different ways I thought I would share with you all, all the ways you can follow Gem's Beauty. I don't know the definite future of Google Friend Connect but because everyone is boycotting it now I wouldn't be surprised if it was next to get the ax so it's probably not a bad idea to get prepared and try and convince my lovely readers to switch over and follow me on other forms.
Twitter -
@gemsbeauty93
I love following lots of different bloggers on Twitter, so please follow me and send me your blog links. Twitter is such a really great way to connect with everyone and I update when a new post has gone up or something has changed on my blog too. You can chat to me here whenever you want too and if you have any questions and want a more informal setting then tweet me here too! I do have my account set to private just because I didn't want loads of weirdo's or people that were going to spam me following me but if you send me a request I will accept you & follow back! 


Blog'Lovin

I loveeee blog'lovin, I've used it even before I started blogging to follow my favourite blog's and I now follow about 100 of my favourite blogs on it. It's such a cool website and they email you once a day with all the new post's from your favourite bloggers that you follow! I would love it if you could follow me on there! Blog lovin has got so much loving recently and I don't think it's a bad thing at all because it's a pretty good site to read blogs on & follow them on too. I've found a lot of the blogs I really love reading on blog'lovin just because you can go through ranks and find the best beauty blogs or look at the best food blogs or the best lifestyle blogs so it's all organised into categories that I like. The best thing about blog'lovin is the fact that even if you don't have a blog you can set up an account & start following Gem's Beauty! I remember before I started blogging I followed some of my favorites on there and I've used it ever since, it's also cool because you now get an email saying who's followed you so you can return the favor  And it has it's own Iphone App meaning you can catch up with all of your favourite blogs when you're out and about! Anyway please follow me on there if you like to read my blog, i'm trying to switch my readership over from Google Friend Connect to Blog Lovin &  I'm still missing like 400 of you :( which makes me really really sad!


She Said Beauty -

I don't know how many of you guys use She Said Beauty, but I just made an account and thought I would share my user name with you anyway in case you fancied following me or just generally checking it out. If you just type in my name or my blog's name you should be able to find me on there or you can just click the link above. It's pretty cool because it automatically streams my posts on there and I can like products and posts as well so if you follow a lot of blogs it's quite a cool way to keep up to date, you can also personalise your profile too. So if you're stopping on over there I would really appreciate you following me. I've added a sidebar now so that should make following easier and I have my own little profile on their so you can see what i'm loving, posts i'm loving & all that stuff which is a bit more interactive! Give us a follow on there darls & i'll follow you all back!


Hello Cotton
I don't really know how many people use Hello Cotton to follow blogs either but I thought I would link it anyway in case you wanted to give it ago. I'm absolutely rubbish at using this website and don't really have a clue what I'm doing, but I am going to try and work it out. Again I would love a follow if you're exploring on it!

Anyway thank you for reading this post, if you want to link me any of the ways to follow your blog down below then I will make sure to follow all of your blogs too so we don't all lose each other if Google Friend Connect does decide to go. I'm still going to be using it for now & following blogs on both GFC and Blog'lovin just to be safe! So would love if you would all return the favor!

Speak to you all really soon,
Lots of love
Gem xxx
SHARE:

14 comments

  1. Hello, would you like to follow each other?
    I like your blog!
    do not hesitate to follow and like www.jkvintageaffair.blogspot.ca and www.facebook.com/jkvintage and i will certainly follow back
    all the best xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you & thanks for sharing your links, will defo check out your blog xxx

      Delete
  2. I don't use GFC anymore. Now I follow blogs on bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I think that's what a lot of people are doing! probably a wise choice! :) x

      Delete
  3. I follow you on Twitter and bloglovin (as well as GFC) xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely :) i'll return the favor now! :) xxx

      Delete
  4. Well, I deleted the google friend connect on my page & listed the blog lovin' link instead and I decided well I am going to just leave it up there just incase people want to follow me there & the option to use GFC isn't there anymore. It is google+ now. :/

    smokeanddiamondsx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It doesn't sound good if Google are making it really hard to find Google Friend Connect & use it on your blog! eee maybe it will be going at some point in the future :( that will be really sad xx

      Delete
  5. I Figured out a way to get it on there without going through google+ if anyone else has already deleted it & Wants to get it back on there. All you have to do is just go on your dashboard & click followers then it will have the option to add the widget back to your blog, but if you try to do it the PROPER way it says "page cannot be found". Hope this helped someone!

    smokeanddiiamonds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yay! Glad you found away too work it out in the end and thanks for sharing it here i'm sure it will help loads of people :) xxx

      Delete
  6. Following you on all of them :))) xx

    Gemma ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  7. It upsets me that people aren't using it anymore as it really will go if it's not being used. I don't use google reader either and I can still see all my fave blogs so I'm just not worrying about it. Hope everyone comes to their senses soon - as GFC is the best way to follow and be followed :D

    Louise x

    Confessions of a Secret Shopper

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too hun :( I don't want people to leave it because then we're all really just kicking ourselves in the foot or whatever that saying is haha! I know it would be such a disaster if it went :( it's my favourite way to be followed on my blog & also read other blogs, so i'm hoping it stays, for me i'm going to follow on both blog'lovin and gfc just so I know everything's secure but I hope people stop panicking so much and start researching the facts a little more! :) xxx

      Delete

I really appreciate and read every single one of my comments, check back too because I reply to every single one, I figure you took the time to write me a comment so I should take the time to reply! (although it sometimes takes me a few days) if you have any specific enquiries or want to reach me sooner with a question feel free to email me gemmabullock@icloud.com. Thank you so much for your support x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Gem Bullock
Blogger Templates made by pipdig