Monday 4 March 2013

No 7 Stay Perfect Nail Varnish Review





Boots No7 Vail Varnishes - Hot To Trot (here), Damson Dream (here), Totally Teal (here) Vivid Violet (here), Sing the Blues.

Hi Lovely Ladies, Hope you're all okay and having a nice Monday if it's even possible for anyone to have a nice Monday! Today I thought I would share with you some really lovely nail varnishes from Boots No.7 Line. If you read my Feb Favorites Post you might have seen that I included some of these nail varnishes and said that I've been loving them so I thought I would dedicate a whole post to them. I actually got this set of a friend not last Christmas but the Christmas before and these are still going strong & are looking even nicer than ever. Anyway, you may know that No.7 reformulated all of their products and changed the packaging last year but I still managed to find 4 out of the 5 shades on the Boots website and I've linked them above so you can pretty much pick up all of the shades apart from the Dark Blue which I think they have renamed because the shade Thunderstorm that you can find here looks pretty similar to me. Anyway on to the review.

I was really happy to receive this No.7 nail varnish set as a gift from my friend 2 Christmas's ago, I really liked all of the colors within it and I really like the fact that the No.7 Nail Varnishes are a really good quality and I would say that they are some of the best you can pick up on the high street. They have amazing pigmentation and on the false nail swatches I've included above I only needed one coat to get a pretty opaque coverage on my nails I find the same but I think if you picked up a lighter shade then you may need an extra coat. I also find the drying time with these nail varnishes to be pretty impressive, I'm rubbish at waiting for my nails to dry but with these I find that they are pretty quick, not instant drying time but I don't have to sit around for an hour and not move or touch anything with these, i'd say they're pretty much good to go after about 5 minutes which I think is pretty good. I love that these shades have a really nice sheen to them, they're not a matte finish and they're not glittery they just have a really lovely sheen to them and when your nails hit the light it has a lovely iridescent finish which I love. I think the bottles of these are really pretty and sleek as well and they look nice in my makeup collection and I love the names of all the shades as well and I think they're really fun.

Hot to Trot - This name is such a fun one, anyway this is a really lovely Gold colour, to be honest I'm not normally a fan of gold nails and I think they can look a bit unflattering but in actual fact this gold is quite individual I feel like it has almost a olive undertone running through it. I know that sounds really strange but I just think it's a lovely color. I think the reason I really like this shade is that it doesn't have too much copper running through it and it isn't too brassy which means its more flattering and doesn't look so harsh on the nails. I also love the sheen of this color and if you really look at it you can see it has really nice flecks of silver shimmer running through it which I love.

Damson Dream - This is like a deep, dark, almost burgundy red shade, if I showed you my nail varnish collection you would see that I own mostly bright reds and pinks and for some reason those are the colors that I seem to go for when I'm picking up a nail varnish this particular red is quite a lot darker than I would normally go for and I think it's quite a mature red, I just think it's a grown up shade & it has a really nice purple undertone running through it which means that the color is deepened and would look really nice for evening wear if you were going somewhere really special, this is a really individual color I think too.

Totally Teal - I think the name of this color is wrong, for me teal is more blue based and quite bright where as I think this color is a dark, forest green which isn't really that bright or very teal at all. I think this is one of those colors that would look really nice with a tan and would look lovely in the Summer months just because it's a bit darker and it might look a bit out there in the winter and early spring. I think out of all the colors I've shown this is probably the most matte of them all and it doesn't really seem to have any shimmer running through it or even have a sheen, it does look quite shiny on the nails still though.

Vivid Violet - I love this one! If I had to pick one of these varnishes to own it would 100% be this one, it's just such a cool color. I love the name of it for a start but I just think this is one of the nicest bright purples I've ever seen. It has a lot of blue running through it but it's bright and just gorgeous. It looks really nice on the nails but again quite dark so would probably look a bit nicer with a tan or in the summer, or just if you have a darker skin tone than I do. It's got a really lovely purple and silver shimmer running through it but it's barely noticeable you'd really have to get the magnifying glass out to really see it but it adds such a pretty finish too it.

Sing the Blues - This is the deepest but brightest midnight blue nail polish, it's quite dark but also has the brightest which is what I like about it. There are quite a few similar shades to this but i'm still really glad I own it because I find the formulation of the No.7 ones to be pretty damn good. I like that this has a nice sheen and some tiny glitter running through it again and I think this is quite a flattering color for all year round. It just looks really nice on the nails and it's got so much depth. I'm a massive fan of this one too & I wish they still did the exact shade!

Anyway I hope you really enjoyed this review, I found it so fun to write and I would recommend these nail polishes to anyone, these are only £6.00 which is pretty good if you consider the quality and the prices of some of the more expensive brands of polish. I love the formulation, the drying time and the pigmentation of these polishes. Let me know if you've tried any & I'll speak to you all soon! :) xxx

SHARE:

46 comments

  1. I actually really love the No7 varnishes. They're great bases if you want to put some glitter on top and I think they're totally underrated as they have pretty good staying power. I have the teal one and I agree with you, it's more a forest green with a shimmer than teal! But I like it regardless. I realllyyy like the blue one, what a lovely colour!

    Amy x cocktailsinteacups.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! I really enjoy using them too, yeah you can easily put one layer of a color on as a base and then add a glitter top coat and it actually looks really fantastic! :) yeah I know? I think some of the other drugstore nail varnishes are kind of rated over these where as these have amazing pigmentation & lasting power what else could you want?! ooooh you do?! yeah I know bit of a silly name but I love it amnyway! :) thanks for taking the time to leave such a detailed comment hun! xxx

      Delete
  2. These all look like such beautiful colours! I used to have quite a few of these polishes but I don't have any any more (not really sure why because I know I loved them!) - I've become too much of a models own addict that I forget to look anywhere else :P I really want to treat myself to a couple of these now, really want a lovely purple for this spring :)
    Love Holly x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah they really are, they look so lovely together! I loveee them! Oooh really? haha maybe they just got old, its good to have a clear out sometimes! Ooh nice, I do love Models Own Nail Varnishes too so I can see why you are addicted to them! :) yeah do it, I think they have no.7 vouchers around and about at the moment so you can get them for really cheap! Yeah purples lovely for spring! :) xx

      Delete
  3. Ah I love the look of these, Hot to Trot is gorgeous!!

    www.themakeupdirectory.blogspot.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thanks Sally! oh gosh I know, such a nice shade! :) xx

      Delete
  4. I love 'Sing the Blues' xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's gorgeous isn't it?! thanks hun! :) x

      Delete
  5. I didn't know this brand. I like the blue one !

    ReplyDelete
  6. All those colours are beautiful. I have vivid violet and damson dreams but I love the other colours too.

    Beautiful swatches!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Claudia! :) ooooh really? what do you think of them? :) xxx

      Delete
  7. I also got these the Christmas before last and loved them so went out and bought another set when they went into the huge Boots sale!

    fashion--geek.blogspot.com
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh really?! I can't believe how they are still so amazing even though they are over a year old, have yours lasted well too? :) ahhhh really? I should of done that they are sooo good! :) xxx

      Delete
  8. The swatches look gorgeous. Whenever I have a £5 off No7 voucher I almost always end up picking a nail varnish. They really are great quality. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sandy! :) Yeah me too, it's just so cheap you just think why not?! yeah they are amazing quality! xxx

      Delete
  9. Fabulous review Gem! I got this Christmas gift set too.. I just love No7 polishes, the colours are so true to the colour in the bottle, and they don't chip either :D xx

    Gem ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gem! :) oooh really?! Yeah that's something i forgot to mention but whatever color they look in the bottle they are exactly like which is really good! :) yeah i find the same - love them! <3 xxx

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. I know! So bright & lovely! thanks hun x

      Delete
  11. i want to try that violet! nail polish is the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. such lovely rich jewel shades I think the blue is my favorite. x

    whatsonyourtulips.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah perfect description right there! oooh it's seriously beautiful - love it! xx

      Delete
  13. Oh these shades are so vibrant! i really would want to try the gold one and the blue one!

    Thank you for following back by the way <3

    xoxo

    missmacmanus.blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they defo are hun! :) eeee try them out if you get the chance, they get a massive thumbs up from me! :) no problem at all lovely! xxx

      Delete
  14. The colours are vibrant but very wearable, I love the glossiness to it, xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah! I think soo too, so lovely & I love glossy nail varnishes find them really lovely on the nails! :) xxx

      Delete
  15. I love the teal colour <3 Consider me your new follower! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have all these! Love them!! :D www.cherrytruth2.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm in love with the middle one!

    February Favourites, Top 5 Blue Nail Polishes, Weekly Wants, Pictures from Paris, Biscotti Recipe, Stila Smudge Pot and more over at http://missstephanieusher.blogspot.co.uk/

    I'd love to see you over there!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love these! Such pretty shades. Just like jewel stones.

    Lindsey. x
    www.elegant-chaos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Lindsey! I know gorgeous :) laaaaav them! xxx

      Delete
  19. these are such gorgeousss colours! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww thanks meg! :) I know, sooo pretty! xxx

      Delete
  20. Love the first three! :)

    http://lauralouisehaynes.blogspot.co.uk/

    Laura xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love these nail polishes! The colours are stunning :D

    www.insideadiaryofagirl.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very chic! I love all the colours!

    : signe (your newest GFC follower)
    thedailysavant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate and read every single one of my comments, check back too because I reply to every single one, I figure you took the time to write me a comment so I should take the time to reply! (although it sometimes takes me a few days) if you have any specific enquiries or want to reach me sooner with a question feel free to email me gemmabullock@icloud.com. Thank you so much for your support x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Gem Bullock
Blogger Templates made by pipdig