Saturday 23 March 2013

Guest Post - Sandy at AB - The 4 best non-sticky lipglosses


 Sandy at Absolute Beaut - Guest Post
http://www.absolutebeaut.com/
Hi lovely ladies, I hope you're all okay! Today I am soooo excited to share with you all a Guest Post from the gorgeous Sandy who blogs over at Absolute Beaut. I tell you what she ain't half a beauty and i'm so excited that I can have one of her amazing posts on my little'ol blog! This is my first ever guest post and I really don't think I could have chose anyone better to do it with then Sandy, she's been such a star haha to be honest we've both faffed about for months and months but we finally got our butt's in gears and got our posts ready and when Sandy sent me hers earlier last week I was literally buzzing to share it with you all!
Anyway i'm not going to ramble anymore because this is Sandy's post not mine but please leave her loads of love in the comments section below and please go and check out and follow Sandy's blog here: http://www.absolutebeaut.com/ I promise you will absolutely love it, also find her on twitter @sandyatAB, or on blog'lovin here. Make sure to check out her blog too for my post about my 5 favourite lipsticks of all time! Anyway lets get on to Sandy's gorgeous post about 4 of the best non-sticky lipglosses!






You'd think that by now the beauty industry would have ditched the sticky lipglosses, right? But nope, they're still lurking around out there, with the Soap & Glory Sexy Mother Pucker glosses probably being the stickiest I've ever tried. Yes, the tacky lipglosses do have their positives - ultimately they last longer on the lips - but they don't half have some negatives too. Hair in lipgloss, lipgloss on face, lipgloss on cheek, and in my case my boyfriend ends up unknowingly wearing it too (which I secretly find hilarious and I sometimes give it a while before I tell him...haha). So if you hate sticky glosses, I have a few high street and high end options that I think you might love.
First up is the Chanel Glossimer in 165 Volupte. It's completely smooth on the lips but still has a little bit of grip, making it the longest lasting out of all four glosses. It's realllly sheer but for that reason I find myself reaching for it a lot, it's just really easy to slick on with any makeup look. With zero scent and no sweet artificial taste, the Chanel Glossimers are a great option if you have the budget to suit.
The YSL Golden Glosses are probably the exact opposite end of the Chanel Glossimers. These are in your face golden glitter with a really strong melon scent. But if you like your glosses super shiny, this is your dream gloss. The shade I have is No.3 Golden Pink and it’s the gloss that I'm wearing in the photo above – you can see how it gives lips an almost mirror shine. The golden shimmer doesn’t make it the most day-appropriate gloss, but on an night out it’s amazing. It was a staple for me on holiday last year, it’s great for a ‘sunkissed’ look.
Next up is the Bourjois 3D Effect Gloss in 50 Brun Exotic. This is actually quite an old shade, but the formula is one of the best drugstore options I've come across. The Bourjois offering also has lots of tiny gold sparkles, with the exact same feel as the YSL gloss (I think we may have a dupe here!). And if you love anything coconut scented, you will looooove this. It reminds me of Hawaiin Tropic sun lotion so whenever I put it on I instantly feel all summery.
And lastly is the newest lip gloss addition, Rimmel Stay Glossy in 120 Non Stop Glamour. I actually gave this to one of my friends for Christmas and after a bit of deliberating I went back and got one for myself. It's a gorgeous browny nude with teeny tiny gold shimmers. It's perfect for every day wear as well as being great to slick on over other lipsticks to make them less drying.
Packaging aside – YSL packaging is deff my favourite! - all of these glosses are pretty similar and most importantly they all feel so comfortable to wear when they're actually on the lips. If you only try one then make it the Rimmel glosses - with a non offensive scent and a flat doe-foot applicator, you won't be disappointed. If you have any non-sticky lipgloss recommendations, I'd love to know! Or maybe you much prefer stickier liglosses because they last longer? Team Silky or Team Sticky - which are you? Xxx
SHARE:

13 comments

  1. That Chanel Glossimer in 165 Volupte looks amazing, however since its sheer, I will def be passing. I think its a gorg color though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww I know! I really like it too! I wish it was more pigmented :( glad you enjoyed Sandy's post! :) xxx

      Delete
  2. They are all really lovely colours xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay I know! Sandy has an amazing gloss collection :) xxx

      Delete
  3. Those all look really pretty ! Have you tried any of the ones by Revlon ?

    http://labellebohemienne.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do huh?! I'm well jel, gunna go steal them all from Sandy! I've tried one from Revlon! Thought it was pretty good, do you enjoy using them? :) xxx

      Delete
  4. The Chanel and YSL ones look gorgeous!

    Kimberley x

    http://kimberley77.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah the YSL one was my fav from the post too Kimberley! :) xxx

      Delete
  5. The YSL one is my fav, so pretty :)
    xx
    http://heroineinheels.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. That YSL lipgloss is gorgeous!

    I am your latest follower on GFC and would be great to follow each other, if you would like to follow back.

    Be great if you could check my two latest sports luxe outfit posts. Would love to know which you prefer: BOY London | Sports Luxe Outfit 1 or Celine Paris | Sports Luxe Outfit 2

    Thanks :) Charlie UK Fashion Blog | Lurch Hound Loves xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!!
      thanks for the follow hun :) xx

      Delete
  7. Great blog!! Love the stay glossy lip glosses! My kind of read X x

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate and read every single one of my comments, check back too because I reply to every single one, I figure you took the time to write me a comment so I should take the time to reply! (although it sometimes takes me a few days) if you have any specific enquiries or want to reach me sooner with a question feel free to email me gemmabullock@icloud.com. Thank you so much for your support x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Gem Bullock
Blogger Templates made by pipdig