Saturday 2 March 2013

Tag: Blogger Confessions


Hi ladies, today I thought i'd do a tag post this tag is all to do with blogging and is called 'Confessions of a blogger', I wasn't sure what to really post about today and I saw this post on Kayleigh from Couture girls blog here - go check her out if you haven't already so I thought i'd give it ago because it's always nice for you guys to see what kind of blogger I am and get to know a little bit more about me. Also please feel free to do the tag too! It''s really fun and everyone can get involved and have something to say and I want to read all of your answers too! 

When did you start your blog?
I started my blog in August of this year, i'd spent a huge amount of time following other blogs and watching loads of you tube channels and I would never go out and buy any products without thoroughly researching them on the internet first. I really enjoyed reading blogs and thought i'd give it ago, I would read through them and think 'I could do that', so one day I booted up blogger and signed up and I've definitely never looked back. Sometimes I blog every single day and other times I take a break and only post when I'm feeling inspired but it's a very comforting thing knowing that I always have somewhere to go and write.

Have you had any past online presence before (Other blog, YouTube)?
Nope, I've never had a you tube channel or a blog before, it wasn't really something I considered all that much and it was definitely a spur of the moment kind of thing when I decided I would create my blog, I don't think I would ever really have the confidence to go and record You tube channels some of the negativity that I read on some of the video's I love watching on there really puts me off and I don't think I could ever really have another blog apart from this one but who knows what the future will hold on that front. 

Why did you start a blog?
I think I just started a blog because I like to write, I loved reading other peoples blog and had read them for as long as I could remember, I don't really know why one day I was so inspired to start one but I just know I like to write and I like beauty so I thought I may as well give it ago. I thought just as much as I enjoyed seeing what other beauty bloggers had to say about all things makeup that someone might enjoy what I had to say as well and in all honesty if people hadn't read it I think I would still write it because I find a lot of comfort it in and it's really the only hobby i've ever really had and stuck too.

When did you become serious about starting a blog?
I don't think i've ever become really serious about starting my blog, I didn't think about the seriousness much, I like to write and I like beauty and I wanted to combine the two, I thought it was cool that I could have a space on the internet that was just dedicated to me and what I wanted to write about and as I did it more I began to enjoy it more. Even now i'm not too serious about my blog, I enjoy it, I love writing it and I love all the people who read and follow me but I try not to worry about it too much or put too much pressure on my self. It's a hobby and a passion all rolled into one and I want it to be fun, when people take their blogs to serious and begin seeing the whole thing as more of a business I can bet that it takes a lot of the fun out of it all and I don't really want that to happen to my blog, it's fun and I like doing it and the day that i'm bored and don't enjoy it anymore I won't do it. I think the thing that made me take my blog more seriously though and see that it could actually be successful was when I started receiving a fair few comments, people emailing me asking for advice on their own blogs and as people began following my blog and interacting with me. That therefore made me take it more seriously and work harder for all the people who have supported me.

What was your first post?
Oh my gosh, my first post was only 6 months ago but it is probably one of the most cringiest things ever, I can't even believe that I wrote that haha. I think everybody's first post is always a little awkward, just because of the fact that you're writing to yourself, no one is reading at that point so you're just putting yourself out there, trying to explain what you're all about and not really having a clue what you're doing. When I read it now it gives me such a huge laugh, it's crazy how much has changed and how much more comfortable I feel writing on my blog now haha!

What has been your biggest challenge about blogging?
Hmm, to be honest I don't find blogging a huge challenge otherwise I wouldn't do it, I love doing it which is why I do but the one thing I would say I find a challenge in terms of my blog is making sure I post enough so that the people read it always have something new to read and also making sure that I have good things to post about, I want to write a lot of good posts that people enjoy and I want to make sure that I post enough and I think it's quite challenging making sure that you do that. 

Where do you see your blog in one year?
I have no idea where I see my blog in one year, I don't think I've ever really thought of a future for my blog, I just like to write it and if I still enjoy writing it and i'm still at it in a years time then I think that will be a really big achievement, I don't expect to achieve anything amazing by then, I will be happy if i'm happy writing it, if it's still around and if people are still enjoying reading, that will definitely be enough for me.

What is the most rewarding thing to you about blogging?
I think the most rewarding thing about blogging in terms of me is all the great blogs I've found, all the great people that I've chatted too and all the lovely comments and emails I receive. I didn't think anyone would even read my blog and now I get loads of people telling me they love it and they enjoy reading it, it's a very proud moment every time says anything nice about any of the things I write and I think that's why I continue to do it and look forward to posting something new so much. 

What is the most discouraging thing that has happens to you?
I can't actually answer this question, I don't think I've had one discouraging thing happen to me through blogging otherwise I wouldn't continue to do it, I've actually been lucky enough to never receive any negative comments or any bad feedback & i'm very happy to be able to say that.

What's your lasting inspiration or motivation?
I would say that my lasting motivation or inspiration in terms of blogging would be all the lovely people who write nice things about my  blog and follow me. I know that they enjoy reading my posts and that therefore means that I'm much more likely to write them. I think it's really nice when people have noticed I haven't blogged for a while and email me or tweet me to ask me when i'[ll be posting again. I also think seeing the success of other bloggers and reading other blogs makes me want to constantly update mine in the hope it will continue to develop. 

Anyway I hope you all enjoyed reading this tag, please share it and do it too! I think it's a really good tag and I would like too see all of your answers too! Speak to you all soon & I hope you're all having a really lovely weekend! xxx
SHARE:

15 comments

  1. I really enjoyed reading this :)
    Fab post xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thanks Ash! :) glad you liked it! xxx

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post, i loved reading this, i done this tag a few weeks ago x

    www.hannahheartss.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thanks Hannah! oooh i'll defo check yours out :) such a good tag! xxx

      Delete
  4. Hi Darling!
    I love your blog and I want to ask you if we want follow each other...
    Kisses
    Timeless Mode

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks hun, i will check your blog out x

      Delete
  5. Great tag! I might do this one too. Makes great reading!

    Hannah x

    The-beauty-drawer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks hannah! :) yeah defo do it, it's really good! x

      Delete
  6. I love posts like this, I've never actually done a tag but I really need to :) You've done so well with your blog so far and you clearly have real passion for it! I never buy a product now without doing loads of research on it too hehe :)
    Love Holly x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thanks Holly! :) ooooh do one, i'm sure you'll like writing it and it's good for those days when you're not really sure what to post about! :) thank you so much lovely! :) eeee neither do I! I don't want to waste my money & I find peoples opinions so useful! :) x

      Delete
  7. I'm the same, love a bit of researching before I buy something lol. Lovely post Hun xxx

    Prettybugblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yayy me too kirsty! :) thanks darl xxx

      Delete
  8. thank you! will check out your blog at some point! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a lovely tag, particularly love your answer to the question "what is the most discouraging thing that has happened to you" so true! I've never received a negative comment either, it's such a nice community :)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate and read every single one of my comments, check back too because I reply to every single one, I figure you took the time to write me a comment so I should take the time to reply! (although it sometimes takes me a few days) if you have any specific enquiries or want to reach me sooner with a question feel free to email me gemmabullock@icloud.com. Thank you so much for your support x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Gem Bullock
Blogger Templates made by pipdig