Thursday 14 March 2013

The Beauty Parlour - Shine Oil Control Mattyfying Moisturiser


Beauty Parlour T-Zone Oil Control Mattyfying Moisturiser - £1.99

Hi Lovelies, Hope you're all okay, sorry for going missing for a few days but I've got a lot of fun stuff going on in terms of my blog for the rest of the month so you should be able to forgive me. Anyway today i'm going to review for you something completely random and weird and it's the Beauty Parlour T-zone Oil Control Mattyfying Moisturiser (what a mouthful and can I also just say that the product name is spelt mattyfying and i'm not just spelling it wrong haha!) now about 6 months ago now I did a Savers haul, which i'm not going to link because it's too cringey for words & it's not a very good post really but anyway this was one of the products I featured in the haul. I said at the time that the packaging reminded me a bit of Soap & Glory's but just a bit cheaper and that's what caught my eye about it in the first place. Basically this product was meant to be a primer for specifically the t-zone and I've been trying out ever since.

Firstly I would say that this product isn't too shabby, I picked it up for the bargain price of £1.99 for 100ml and to be honest I didn't expect that much of it, you get a heap of product for a ridiculously cheap price. Anyway Beauty Parlour were claiming big things of this product, they said 'fight shine, blemishes & clogged pore our mattyfying moisturiser maintains moisture levels throughout the day, gives long lasting shine control with Witch Hazel and fights bacteria with Neem and Quassia Bark extracts'.

So I was pretty much intrigued just from reading that. If i'm honest I do think it actually really does help to fight shine on my t-zone, keeps me looking fairly matte and it does keep moisture levels on my t-zone pretty good during the day. I don't think it really resulted in me having less blemishes or anything like that though and I don't think it really helped the levels of bacteria on my face but for £1.99 it seemed to work as a pretty good primer. The thing I find weird about this particular primer is that it's called a mattyfying moisturiser and that's exactly the consistency it has, it doesn't have the consistency of a normal primer it's more like a moisturiser that keeps you matte and I think that's quite a good concept. I feel like this product leaves your skin soft but not soft that you feel like your makeup will just melt away or slide off which I have found with some other primers in the past. I just feel like this product gives me the right balance between your skin having moisture and your skin being oily and that's why I think it's really clever.

I quite like pretty much everything about this product and I think it's a good all rounder, I don't think it's ground breaking or life changing or really even a must have product but it's really nice to have and it's cheap as chips. One thing I don't find so lovely about it and the thing that would probably put me off it a bit would be the smell. I can't quite work out what this smells of but I don't find it very nice. It kind of has a very clean smell, a bit like the smell of a floor cleaner or a window cleaner or something along those lines, which some people may really like but i'm just not a huge fan of it.

Overall, I would say that I really do like this product and I'm glad I tried it and saw what Beauty Parlour were all about and I really like the concept of putting something as light as a regularly moisturiser on the skin instead of slapping on a big heavy primer in the mornings but I find the smell something I can't really deal with and I also find that I'm just a little bit more inclined to reach for the Rimmel Fix and Perfect Pro Primer, which is one of my favourite beauty discoveries ever, because I like the fact it makes my whole skin feel like velvet and although I think this product is helping me to stay quite matte I'm not sure how much 'priming' it's actually doing or whether it's just a pretty nice moisturiser. I would recommend it though if you're on a budget or looking to try something from the range because you can't really go wrong with it and it's not a bad product just not one that wowed me! You can pick this up for £7.99!! At Superdrug here but personally I would head over to Savers & have a browse and see if you can find it because I don't think it's worth nearly £8.00 when I picked it up for £1.99! Anyway thanks for reading & I'll speak to you all really soon! xxx

SHARE:

14 comments

  1. such pretty packaging, love it!

    http://allthelittlethings3.blogspot.co.uk/

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah I know! it's so funny & pretty! :) xxxx

      Delete
  2. Eeek I think the floor cleaner scent might put me off a bit :/ but the packaging is adorable! xx
    Gemma | ♥ Miss Makeup Magpie ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah me too hun :( I can't really get on with it, the packaging is gorgeous though! Thanks Gem! :) xxx

      Delete
  3. I love the packaging but the scent would probably put me right off xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun! :) eee yeah I think everyone feels the same about it, yeah I can't quite put my finger on what it is but whatever it is it smells really nasty xxx

      Delete
  4. Looks a bit benefit-y! Definitely try it.

    jamiegenevieve.blogspot.com

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I think it's a cross between benefit & soap and glory in terms of packaging! Yeah do it, it's cheap as chips so you can't go too wrong! xx

      Delete
  5. This sounds brill for the price. Love the cute packaging too x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah bargain in all honesty! :) yeah me too xx

      Delete
  6. I love the fun packaging - and the price! But floor-cleaner smell!
    My Beauty Junction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay I know, good for everything apart from the smell haha! Maybe I just got a funny one! xx

      Delete
  7. The packaging is so adorable - I'd buy it for that alone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know to be honest I think that's what I did because I don't think I really needed another primer haha! Guiltyyyy! Xxx

      Delete

I really appreciate and read every single one of my comments, check back too because I reply to every single one, I figure you took the time to write me a comment so I should take the time to reply! (although it sometimes takes me a few days) if you have any specific enquiries or want to reach me sooner with a question feel free to email me gemmabullock@icloud.com. Thank you so much for your support x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Gem Bullock
Blogger Templates made by pipdig