Wednesday 27 March 2013

Real Techniques Starter Set










Real Techniques 'Starter Set' - Boots Website - £21.99 here 

Hi ladies, hope you're all okay! Today I'm going to be talking about the Real Techniques 'Starter Set'. Again, Real Techniques have had a fair amount of coverage on my blog and back in January I did a Real Techniques Collection that you can find here if you're interested. Anyway, recently I decided I wanted to pick up the 'eye' set of brushes from Real Techniques because my face collection get so much use and since my lovely mum picked me up the 'Core Collection' for Christmas it's made my love for Real Techniques grow and grow. Anyway I'm going to jump right in and start telling you lovely lot a bit about the 'Starter Set' from the brand.

Now the 'Starter Set' of brushes from Real Techniques is basically a collection of five essential eye brushes that you can use when doing your makeup every single day. You have a brush for everything from doing your eyebrows, to eye shadow, to eyeliner and blending out your concealer and therefore it's a really handy set to have. The reason that I ummed and arrhed about getting this set for a while is because i'm a bit of an eye shadow novice and it's something I find really hard and therefore I didn't know if I would get a lot of use out of some of the eye brushes in this collection but I can hand on heart say that since I have bought this set i've used pretty much every single brush every single day and therefore I think it was a really good investment for me and if you're someone who is putting off buying this set then I would really urge you to go and give it ago. Within this set you get a base shadow brush, a deluxe crease brush, a accent brush, a pixel-point eyeliner brush and also a brow brush as well as a case to hold them in.

Deluxe Crease Brush - 'soft, over sized design for effortless contouring'. This brush is my absolute favourite and just like the buffing brush is the star of the core collection this is the star of this set of brushes and I wish that you could pick it up separately  I love this for blending out concealer, it works amazingly with my mac studio finish concealer to cover blemishes and also is amazing at blending concealer out under the eye to help cover those pesky dark circles. This is a lot denser than the base shadow brush and is a lot bigger and rounder. For me this could work as a good brush to help blend out the crease or contour the eye socket but because I have smaller eyelids i just find it works perfectly for concealer and therefore that's what I will continue to use it for but if you wanted a set of brushes simply for your eye makeup this would be a great brush for blending and crease work too.

Base Shadow Brush - 'Applies a smooth, flawless foundation of colour'. This is one of my favourite brushes within the collection and this is the brush that I use to pack on eye shadow on to my eyelid and also blend it out. It's a really good all rounder and a really nice brush to have in your brush collection. This brush is really soft and is quite fluffy, it's not to dense which means its good enough to pack on colour but multi-tasks and works as a really good brush to blend out the colour in the crease and just make your whole eye makeup look really seamless. If you have trouble with your eye shadow and blending it out like me you might find this really useful because since I've owned it I've founded that my eye shadow looks much more blended and professional and i'm really happy with this little baby.

Accent Brush -'Designed for precision detailing, spotlighting, highlighting and smudging'. This is a teeny tiny brush and it really reminds me of the detailer brush from the core collection, this is a really dense small brush that is absolute perfect for making your eye shadow look absolutely spot on. I personally use this brush for getting into the inner corners and tear ducts of my eyes and putting a light highlighting shadow, I also use this to highlight the brow bone and work in the outer v if I want to add an accent shadow to that area. I find this really useful for just really getting my eye shadow in harder areas and it's completely right when it says its perfect for precision detailing. For those of you who aren't massively into going too big with your eye shadow this could be a really good lip brush so there's multiple uses for this brush too.

Pixel Point Eyeliner Brush - 'Tapered cut is ideal for dense or fine eyeliner application'. Out of all of these brushes this is the brush for me that i'm not overly impressed with, it's not that it's a bad brush but the thing is that I find it really thick and flimsy and to be honest I am absolutely useless at using it to line my eyes. This is probably personal preference and i'm sure for lots of people this would really work but I need a really dense brush to line my eyes and I normally prefer an angled brush that's a bit skinnier for the job.

Brow Brush - 'Distinctive shape easily defines eyebrows'. I absolutely love this brush, I am a massive eyebrow girl and always have been, my eyebrows are probably my favourite feature of my face and I really enjoy filling them in, I have naturally pretty defined eyebrows and I was never one of those people to over pluck them so I don't have to use a huge amount of product because I don't really need to fill in sparse area's I just like to define my brows a little bit and this brush is absolutely perfect for that, it picks up a little bit of product but not too much and is the perfect size for getting into the brows and working the product through and I really really enjoy using this one.

Overall I absolutely adore this brush set, I love the purple handles and love the pop of colour that it brings, I love the design of all these brushes, love that they're all soft and lovely to use, they're sturdy brushes and I know they're high quality and will last for a long time. I think the case they come in is really cute and works well to hold all of my brushes in the right place and i'm a huge fan of the Real Techniques brand in general. I think this really is an essential set and if you invest in these brushes you really will get your use out of them because they're essential brushes you need every single day. I would recommend this kit to anyone and I really do wish I'd picked it up earlier!

Let me know if you've tried any of the RT brand and i'll speak to you all really soon! 

Lots of Love 
Gem xxx

SHARE:

44 comments

  1. I absolutley love Real Techniques! I've not got this set though, I only have the one with the buffing brush! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too, they're amazing! :) oooh yes I have the core collection too, I would really recommend this set though! :) xxx

      Delete
  2. i don't own this one but i bought my first set of real technique brushes and it was the core collection. they are face brushes and i absolutely love them! so so soft!

    -ariel* xoxo
    www.chiclookxo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww yes I love that set too, feel so nice and work so well! I can't believe how good they are for the price! :) xxx

      Delete
  3. such a great review of these i may have to pick them up this weekend. the only thing that puts me off is the price, do you think it's worth it? xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah I would say that they're really worth it, it works out at just over £4.00 a brush which I think is pretty good! so much less expensive than other brushes that are on the market! :) xxx

      Delete
  4. I think I now need these in my life, They will be going on my want list for sure :)

    Jamie-Lee|Glitter Infatuation Beauty Blog! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooops sorry hun, haha my wishlist is always growing that's the problem with reading all these blogs! :) xxx

      Delete
  5. AMAZING review!!! I have the shader brush but I need this set, you've described them perfectly that I just *have* to have this :D xxx
    Gemma ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww thanks Gem! :) you're sooo lovely! xxx

      Delete
  6. I only have one real techniques brush, but I absolutely love it! I will have to get more!

    http://allthelittlethings3.blogspot.co.uk/

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah do it! :) they're an investment for sure!! xxx

      Delete
  7. These brushes are so great! Like them! : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for sharing this hun!x


    www.allprettyandnice.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww no problem lovely :) thank you for reading! xxx

      Delete
  9. Thanks for sharing, I've been looking into purchasing some real technique brushes.

    Becky xoxo

    tiedyeandteacups.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww no problem, thank you for reading! :) defo would recommend them if you're thinking about it! :) xxx

      Delete
  10. i think this looks like a pretty good starter kit! :)

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/
    Win a pair of Saltwater Sandals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah it's really good actually :) i'm really enjoying using them xxx

      Delete
  11. I passed by this brush set the other day while in ULTA. I hate to spend money on products that aren't worth it. Now that I've seen your post. I running to by it tomorrow.

    -Crystal Michelle
    http://splashkouture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww yay! :) glad you found this post useful then hun! xx

      Delete
  12. I really need another set of brushes to do my make up, your post was really helpful! following you know, hope you can follow back, xx

    http://www.aintacliche.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've also just bought the Starter Set! Such amazing quality for a decent price :). My favorites from the set are the brow and base shadow brushes. I haven't tried the eyeliner one yet, but I'm already worried that it's not skinny enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I totally agree hun! :) The brow brush is one I use everyday and the base shadow one too! Eeee I know it's just so thick I can't get any luck with it! let me know if it works out for you though :) xxx

      Delete
  14. Great Post. I have been using the real techniques starter kit for the face , powder brush and expert brush and I have to say I love them. Traditionally A Mac brush user I am fast track to change.
    really enjoying your blog

    xoxo
    Judith

    www.greatlittlefinds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh really? I've actually never tried a Mac brush so I can't really compare but it's good to know that you think Real Techniques have good quality because the price difference is massive! :) thank you!!! xxx

      Delete
  15. amazing post! i like your blog

    xxx Zari
    http://le-style-blog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I thinking about buying the core kit, but havent heard much about the eye brush set.. so cheers!

    beautifulbenefit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh I love the Core Collection too! :) aww no problem, thank you for reading xx

      Delete
  17. great post, very informative:) really like these brushes;)x


    http://throughartrelatedtofashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'll definitely be investing in these after reading this! Thankyou! Love your blog x x x
    http://beautythatsbritish.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thank you so much Megan :) that's such a nice thing too say! xxx

      Delete
  19. hello lovely, ive nominated you for the versatile blogger award http://ayelined.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/the-versatile-blogger-award.html xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. thanks hun, will make sure to check yours out too :) x

    ReplyDelete
  21. I adore this set and deluxe crease brush is my favourite too! Such good brushes, all of them are so so good! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay :) love them so much! thanks for the comment lovely! xx

      Delete

I really appreciate and read every single one of my comments, check back too because I reply to every single one, I figure you took the time to write me a comment so I should take the time to reply! (although it sometimes takes me a few days) if you have any specific enquiries or want to reach me sooner with a question feel free to email me gemmabullock@icloud.com. Thank you so much for your support x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Gem Bullock
Blogger Templates made by pipdig