Wednesday 3 April 2013

March Favourites













Hi ladies, today I thought I would share with you my favourite products from the month of March, I found in March my base makeup pretty much stayed the same but I did make a few new additions in terms of the colour I applied to my make up and I also had a bit of a skincare shake up so I thought I would feature all of that in this post because I love doing favourites  I think it's a really good summary of what I've been loving this month.

Peaches & Clean - Soap and Glory
I won't ramble on about this too much because I've only just wrote a whole post about it on my blog here, this product for me was a slight disappointment at first and I thought I wouldn't really get the use out of it but I've found using it as a mask really works and it's an amazing treatment for my face when my skins feeling a bit blah, so for that purpose I love it and it's been really helping my skin this month.

Johnson's Face Care Hydrating 24 Hour Day Cream - SP15 - 
This bad boy needs some loving on my blog one day soon, I absolutely love this day cream so much, I cannot rave about it enough, it just refreshes my face every single morning, helps to keep my makeup on for longer and really nourishes my skin. To be honest I am absolutely rubbish at sticking to a proper skin care routinue but this has been a permanent feature on my face every day for well over a month and I actually look forward to using this, for some reason my skin laps this product up and loves it & it's cheap as chips too.

Mac Dazzleglass - Creme Glass - Demure
I have been reaching for more coral and nude lip colours this month just due to the fact that I wanted to kind of move away from my pink colours because I think nudes and peaches are much more Spring appropriate  I got a set of these creme sheen glasses for Christmas here and I haven't really given this much loving but I absolutely love it and I love how creamy it is, and it looks amazing with a smokey eye for night time wear too.

Make Up Academy Lipstick - Shade 7
I have also been using this this month because it's a really perfect shade for Spring, this is a perfect way for me too add a slightly more bright colour into my makeup regime, i'm so scared of wearing bright colours but because this is a really light peachy colour I just think it looks really nice especially combined with the Mac glass I spoke about above. You can have a closer look at this lipstick in all old post here.

Bourjois Bronzing Powder - 
I love this product, it's one of my favourite products ever and I just think it's the perfect bronzer for a whole range of different skin tones and people, I love that it works as a perfect contour colour but isn't 'too flat' which means you can use it to help fully bronze your face too. This product is amazing in my eyes and I would recommend it to every body. You can find the full review of this product - here.

Maybelline 'The Rocket' Mascara - 
I purchased this mascara a few months ago in Boots when it first came out and I've been loving it ever since. It lengthens and volumises and I find that it just really agrees with my lashes. It does have a plastic bristle which normally I am a bit iffy about but for some reason this just works for me and I really like reaching for it in the mornings. I love maybelline mascara's in general and I find the packaging and name of this product in particular is really adorable.

Barry M Nail Paints -
I really like Barry M as a brand and think they produce some of the best nail polishes around, for me I don't understand spending a huge amount on a nail colour when you can get some amazing ones on a budget, these don't chip and have an amazing opaque coverage and the shade range is pretty perfect too. I have chosen these two colours this month just because they're perfect colours for spring and I have been using the hot pink and pale blue on my toe nails throughout the month, they really are my two favourite nail varnish picks.

Make Up Academy - Undressed Palette
This is another cheap as chips product but one that I have a huge amount of loving for, the MUA Undressed Palette is meant to be a great dupe for the first Urban Decay Naked Palette, I own the second palette but always see so much attention and loving on the first palette which I now want soooo bad. I love the colours in this dupe, they're amazing and for me this palette has been all I have worn on my eyes for the whole month.

Anyway I hope you all enjoyed my favourites post and I will speak to you all really soon!
Lots of Love
Gem xxx
SHARE:

40 comments

  1. I love the undressed palette!

    http://georgialouisee.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Bourjois chocolate bronzer is brilliant, I love it xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh you do? :) yeah I think it's amazing too! especially for the price :) xxx

      Delete
  3. i got that set of mac lipglosses for christmas too and i love that one! i think its my favorite...in my bag right now and i dont usually even reach for lip glosses

    stephanieslook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww you do? :) aahhh me neither! I never reach for lipglosses, I like going casual too! sooo pretty! xxx

      Delete
  4. I really want to try every soap and glory product! they sound amazing, wish they were easier to get in aus :(

    Sarah
    morethanadored.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha me too hun! It's my mission, ahhh no, are they not avaliable there? that's rubbish!!! xxx

      Delete
  5. I'm also using that same Maybelline mascara...and I agree. It does give a lot of volume :) x

    www.cosmeticallycreative.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I know, it's lovely! :) glad you like it too! :) xx

      Delete
  6. love your blog
    followed
    www.thekaybook.com
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the MUA Undressed palette too, it's a daily staple of mine, and so is their Pro Brow Kit.
    I haven't tried the Barry M nail paints yet but they seem to be popular - I've seen the Gelly ones in so many favourites posts this month!
    Mel x

    melswallofmirrors.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh you do? :) yay, I think it's so easy to just wear on an everyday basis, I wear it loads! I just bought the pro brow kit so I think that'll end up being a staple too! :) ahhh yes, I just bought a gelly one actually, I think Barry M are amazing for nail polish, really cheap too :) thanks for the detailed comment hun! :) xxx

      Delete
  8. The MUA palette seems really great. I'm going to give it a try. When I'll have money...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww yeah do it :) £4.00 is a steal! :) xxx

      Delete
  9. I love Bourjois bronzer and Maybelline mascara also :)

    www.rebekasbeautyworld.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay! :) amazing aren't they?! thanks hun! xx

      Delete
  10. i need to try the undressed palette x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah do it hun :) defo recommend it! xx

      Delete
  11. Love those things <3

    Visit me :)

    http://vivalavida-fashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I put the undressed palette in my march favourites aswell! I love it and the rocket mascara is also great :D xx

    http://lashingsoflipstick.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh yay you did!? haha same taste! loving the rocket, it's lasting me ages too which is always good! :) xxx

      Delete
  13. I also put the undressed palette in my march favourites! love it!

    www.wondering-around-wonderland.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha great minds think a like hun! :) thank you xxx

      Delete
  14. I have and love the cleanser and moisturiser they're some of the few things I always repurchase xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww yay! I haven't heard anyone talk about the moisturiser that much before but I am seriously loving it! xxx

      Delete
  15. i love barry m nail polishes too. i don't see much point in buying the more expensive brands because i change the colour so often! plus barry m always have the best colours anyway :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww yay :) nooo nor do i? I could never justify spending £15.00 on a nail varnish, what if you didn't like the colour on you! eeeep! :) yeah they do have an amazing range! :) x

      Delete
  16. love the barry m's, im obsessed with it!

    bearfacebeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay me too :) I think everyone has to love Barry M! Such a good brand xxx

      Delete
  17. MUA palettes are really amazing and I'm so obsessed at the minute! In fact, I love so many of the products you've featured here! I am a new follower, would love for you to check my blog out at some point?

    www.beautybook13.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes me too! I have a few on the go at the mo, they're just so cheap and good! :) aww thanks Becki, will defo give your blog a look when I've got a sec :) xxx

      Delete
  18. I really love that mascara, it's amazing! Great post :)
    <3 nathalista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks hun! :) everyone loves the rocket at the mo! sooo good xxx

      Delete
  19. I really want to try the bourjois chocolate bronzing powder, I've heard so many great things about it! Right now I'm loving my Guerlain terracotta bronzer, it is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it really is good :) It just works so well for the price! Oooh really? wish we could get Guerlain over here, I've heard loads of great things about them! :) xxx

      Delete
  20. I've wanted to try the rocket mascara since it came out. Think I might be receiving it in a swap soon and can't wait! Love soap and glory products! :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I reckon you'd love the rocket mascara, it's pretty good! :) yeah me too they're my fav! thanks lovely :) xxx

      Delete

I really appreciate and read every single one of my comments, check back too because I reply to every single one, I figure you took the time to write me a comment so I should take the time to reply! (although it sometimes takes me a few days) if you have any specific enquiries or want to reach me sooner with a question feel free to email me gemmabullock@icloud.com. Thank you so much for your support x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Gem Bullock
Blogger Templates made by pipdig