Wednesday 3 April 2013

Blue with Barry M











Barry M Nail Paints - 297 Blue Glitter, 291 Cobalt Blue, 306 Blueberry - £2.99 Boots - here


Hi Ladies, Hope you're okay! Today's post is a pretty one and I thought since my No.7 Nail Varnish Review (here) got a huge amount of loving I would talk about some of my other nail polishes that I love. To be honest from the high street the two brands I would go for in terms of nail polish would be either Barry M or No.7, I find that the Barry M nail polishes are a little bit more affordable though and therefore they are normally the ones I go for and I thought today I would show the 3 shades that I have the most loving for they are all different shades of blue & I think they're gorgeous.

I think Barry M Polishes are some of the best and I actually don't know anyone who doesn't actually like them. For me, they do the job and they do the job really well, they don't chip, they're cheap, they give a pretty opaque coverage on the nails and also don't have a ridiculous drying time. For me, the quality for the price is pretty impressive and to get the same quality you normally have to pay a huge deal more. For me I don't like spending a ton of money on a nail varnish just because i'm always changing what's on my nails and therefore it's not an essential or something I use every day. Anyway i'm going to get on to talking about the individual shades now.

297 - Blue Glitter
This colour is stunning, I love glitter, I'm one of those girls who absolutely laps up any bling and I personally find that this is one of those colours that is perfect for us girly girls, I love the glitterrr & this one really does pack a lot of glitter in. Once swiped on the nails you can get a pretty opaque coverage and the colour comes out exactly like it looks in the bottle, it's like a teal/sea blue colour packed with loads of silver sparkle. This would make a lovely top coat but would also look amazing on the nails by its self. I really enjoy using this polish, the only bad thing I could say about it is the fact it's such a pain too get off!! But I do pretty much find that with any glitter nail polishes, to be honest I think this nail varnish really reminds me of the Angelica Nail Polish in Exposure 65, that I did a review on here this one just has a slightly lighter base and the Angelica one has a lot more different coloured glitter. For some reason I couldn't find this polish avaliable at Boots but you can pick it up from Amazon here.

291 - Colbalt Blue
I love this colour, blue is my favourite colour in the whole entire world and this is the definition of the perfect blue shade for me, I think this is the perfect summer shade and this will look amazing on the nails throughout the summer months when you have a tan. This is a really bright blue and has amazing coverage, it also has quite a shiny finish which I really like and that saves me having to apply a shiny top coat on top. The only problem I really have with this particular polish is the fact that it has the longest drying time but I think this is the oldest of all the shades so maybe it's just taking longer because it's not as fresh and new. I really like this shade though and this one looks really nice with Blue Glitter over the top of it, they make a really nice combination and one I wear quite a lot. You can find this one again on Amazon here but I know they sell it on Superdrug too.

306 Blueberry - 
I love this shade, this is one of the perfect colours that gets so much use from me, for Spring this shade is pretty amazing and this recently featured in my March Favourites because it's been getting a huge amount of loving lately. It's such a pastle blue colour but is also really bright so you don't end up with dull nails even though you have more of a toned down shade. This is perfect for Spring but will also work into Summer as I find pastle colours also look lovely with a tan. This one takes a little bit more building up than the other shades I've spoke about in this post but I think that's just because this one is a little paler and I find that lighter colours often take a lot more work than the darker shades though. This is probably my favourite of the bunch and one that I would really recommend. You can pick this shade up on Amazon again here or you can pick it up from Boots or Superdrug with it's new name 'Ice Cream Blue'.

Anyway I hope you girls enjoyed this post, let me know what your favourite nail varnish brand is in the comments and what you feel about Barry M as a brand and I'll speak to you all really soon.
Lots of Love
Gem xxx

SHARE:

53 comments

  1. Great post Gem. I love Barry M polishes, they're so cheap but they're so good. I have all three of these are they are so gorgeous! Blue nails always make me feel happy, I don't know why haha! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Gem! :) Yeah I agree, it's great quality for a really cheap price! Ooh yay you do?! hahaha me too, love a bit of blue in my life, thanks hun! xxx

      Delete
  2. I have colbalt blue, it's so lovely! I've literally had it for years and it's still fine to use :) amazing quality. I really like the look of blue glitter, so pretty
    http://jodie-melissa.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah I've had mine for yonks and yonks too, I can't remember when I've got it, so they obviously last ages too! :) yeah blue glitter is amazing, it's just sooo opaque haha and I love the glitter & bling! xxx

      Delete
  3. These look so pretty! I really want to try out Barry M!

    Sarah
    morethanadored.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww do it :) you won't regret it I promise! xxx

      Delete
  4. Love the lightest blue, it's so super pretty!

    -Athenaxo
    modestlysophisticated.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh I know it's gorgeous :) I really like pastel shades for spring! xxx

      Delete
  5. blue glitter is absolutely gorgeous!! Gotta pick this up for sure (:
    great post, I love the photos.

    http://alanaburkebeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay do it :) you'll love it :) thanks so much lovely! Glad you like them :) xxx

      Delete
  6. I love Blueberry - so cute! I'm excited to see what you'll do with these, you could make so many different styles using all three!

    xx GirlMeetsGlamourWorld xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I think Blueberry's my fav, so perfect for Spring! :) Yeah I'm gunna try and create a really cool nail of the day with them! xxx

      Delete
  7. Love Barry M! and those shades are lush x

    ReplyDelete
  8. The colours are so beautiful *.*
    Wish you a beautiful day,dear <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eee I know, could stare at them all day! haha thanks lovely :) you too xxx

      Delete
  9. I ALWAYS WANTED A BARRY M POLISH, BUT THEY DONT SELL THEM IN THE STATES :(

    XOXO rorolovesbeauty.blogspot.com/

    FOLLOW IF YOU LIKE :)
    DOING A MAC GIVEAWAY WHEN I REACH 200 FOLLOWERS :)



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. whaaaaat?! really :( that's absolutely rubbish! You could try ebay? :) xxx

      Delete
  10. I have Blue Glitter and love it :) It's so pretty xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh you do? :) such a gorgeous shade! Love it xxx

      Delete
  11. these three would look amazing together! like, as an ombre with a glitter nail :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah that's a really good shout actually!! I might give it ago :) xxx

      Delete
  12. Oh i love all of them can't decide;) I'm following you now, follow me too if you be so kind:

    http://whosyourdowdy.blogspot.com/
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww I know, buy all 3 ;) treat yourself haha only joking! Thanks for the follow! :) xxx

      Delete
  13. Im obsessed with glitter nail polishes and really want to try out Barry M - just ened to find somewhere that ships overseas! Love the blog by the way - new follower here!

    Hope you can check out mine xx


    beautifulbenefit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe they don't sell them there! that's sooo rubbish! I'll keep an eye out for you :) have you tried ebay? ahhh thank you so much Jessie :) xxx

      Delete
  14. Nice blog! :)))))))

    XO

    emjotka.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous colours. Lovely blog
    -xx

    http://www.liliesandleather.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi, your blog is lovely! I am now following!

    Please check out mine & follow xxx

    http://allthelittlethings3.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much! :) will make sure I check out yours asap xxx

      Delete
  17. These are all gorgeous - I love Barry m nail paints they are such good value, lovely shades and great quality x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah they really are :) I find them really great value & quality too and they have sooooo many shades haha! xx

      Delete
  18. these are so pretty. I have colbat blue and I wear it all the time. I'm currently buying glitter polishes in virtually every colour so will definitely check out this colour! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh you do? :) I love colbat blue, it's just such a nice shade! oooh haha do it! it would look nice over the one you already have actually :) xxx

      Delete
  19. barry m nail paints are amazing! I am so loving blues for spring those shades are sooo cute!
    http://www.juicydaily.net/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah they really are :) blue's are perfect for spring & summer for sure! :) thanks for the comment hun x

      Delete
  20. the right one looks so cool. love the colour very much <3

    ReplyDelete
  21. Super blog :)
    Would you like to follow?
    http://jakdwiekroplewody.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. i LOVE blue nail polishes <3

    bloggerbrittney.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi, your blog is great! I am now following!

    http://so-maraaa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous colours! Colbalt blue is lovely! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Claudia! :) I know I loooooove Colbalt Blue, sooo nice! xxx

      Delete
  25. Yup! It's been decided. I need those colors on my pretty little fingers.

    Please check out my blog at
    http://moonshinebeauty.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate and read every single one of my comments, check back too because I reply to every single one, I figure you took the time to write me a comment so I should take the time to reply! (although it sometimes takes me a few days) if you have any specific enquiries or want to reach me sooner with a question feel free to email me gemmabullock@icloud.com. Thank you so much for your support x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Gem Bullock
Blogger Templates made by pipdig