Tuesday 16 April 2013

Makeup Academy Pro-Brow Ultimate Eyebrow Kit Review






Make Up Academy Pro-Brow Ultimate Eyebrow Kit - £3.50

Hello Ladies, Hope you're all doing okay, I thought I would pop up another little review for you on my blog today, I recently featured this MUA brow kit in a collective beauty haul I did and I thought I would review it and give you ladies a bit more information about it. Firstly if you've read my blog for a while you will know I'm quite a lover of Make Up Academy as a brand and I think they have some pretty good products for a really good price. Anyway when I ran out of my Elf Eyebrow Kit a few weeks ago I knew that I needed to pick up a new eyebrow option and decided that this MUA one would be a pretty good shout. I really have been digging (haha!) filling in my eyebrows for over a year or so now and I really do think it helps to frame your face and make your face look much more sculpted and Kim Kardashian-esq. I personally really like my eyebrows, I was never one of those people who over-plucked mine because my mum would have literally stabbed me in the eye, so as soon as my eyebrows started becoming a bushy mess my mum started dragging me along to her eyebrow waxing and shaping appointments, and thank god she did. My eyebrows are the one thing on my face that I actually like, they're a pretty nice shape and I don't really have a lot of sparse area's and in all fairness I think on the eyebrow front I'm pretty swag, so swag in fact that I get a lot of people telling me they 'wish they had my eyebrows' and I also get a lot of strangers stopping me in the street to compliment them, which is probably the weirdest thing in the world. Anyway before I go off on a full eyebrow tangent I think I need to get back to the point, which is no matter how nice your eyebrows are I think they can always do with a bit of extra definition, it just helps to bring them on par with the rest of your makeup and if you're doing the whole 'sha-bang' with your makeup you don't want to be leaving out the eyebrows because frankly you'll just look a big fat mess, which is why I decided on buying this kit.

Within this eyebrow kit you get 3 eye brow shades, a white or clear eyebrow wax, a teeny tiny pair of tweezers and a double sided little angled brush so you can apply the product to your eyebrows on the go. I think that this kit has pretty much everything you could need in terms of filling in the brows and I like that it comes housed in a really nice quality plastic case with a fairly big mirror. I find that although this product was cheap the whole kit feels really sturdy and I feel like it would travel well. The mini tweezers and mini brush aren't the best quality in the world but that's just because they're small but I would happily use these whilst I was on the move and I think they're a really nice addition to this kit. 

I've been using the 'Pro-Brow Kit' with my Real Techniques Brow Brush and grooming the darkest shade - which is pretty much a perfect match for my eyebrows - through my eyebrows and I think it works pretty well. I have no complaints about this really but I am a bit unsure what the other colours in this kit are for, it says on the back that you should use the lightest shade as a highlight but to be honest the light brown which is the lightest shade just looks muddy underneath my brow so i'm not quite sure if I'm doing it right, I do like having the lighter eyebrow shade though because I think it'll be perfect if I want too define my brows without making them look to heavy or if i'm doing the whole 'no makeup, makeup look' and also if i'm doing a friends makeup who has lighter brows than me I think this would work really well. The wax in this kit is also quite useful for setting the brows in place, at first I wasn't too sure about this just because I've always used an eyebrow wax that already had colour in it but once you apply it to the brows it works pretty much the same and I didn't find that it left a white cast at all. 

Overall, I find that I actually really like this MUA pro-brow kit, I'm no eyebrow expert but for everyday defining the brows this seems to work really well for me and do everything I want it too. The only disappointment for me was the highlight shade within this palette but to be honest I have loads of highlight shades within my eye shadow collection and I would probably choose too only highlight the brows if I was doing an eye shadow look anyway. So yeah overall I would recommend this palette, it's cheap as chips and works pretty well for me!

Anyway thank you for reading & I'll catch up with you all really soon,
Lots of Love
Gem xxx
SHARE:

24 comments

  1. I use this too. I don't think its bad at all, especially for its bargain price tag! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh you do? :) Yeah me too! for the price it's an absolute steal and I actually really like it! xxx

      Delete
  2. I really wanted this, but it was out of stock. Everyone is loving MUA so much at the moment!! Lilie x

    mintcandylilies.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!! It was out of stock everywhere for ages for me, I think I got lucky when I finally found mine in stock! Yeah MUA are getting a lot of loving on loads of blogs recently! xxx

      Delete
  3. I've been after this for a while but never picked it up, i think i might have to pop over to Superdrug soon xo

    student-stylexo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh really? :) yeah give it ago hun, i'm sure you'll really enjoy using it! xxx

      Delete
  4. oooh i saw this the other day and now im gutted i didn't pick it up! looks so good! xxx

    abambilegsblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh no :( that's a shame, it doesn't look like it would be that good in the pan but it really is! :) give it ago next time you see it lovely! xxx

      Delete
  5. I use this eyebrow kit too! I think it's really good for the price!!

    egtx3.blogspot.co.uk
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay :) yeah its amazing for the price!! glad you love it too :) xxx

      Delete
  6. I like your blog :) would u like to follow each other? im already following u!

    http://magicobsessions.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you :) will make sure I check your blog out asap! xxx

      Delete
  7. I definitely want to buy this now!
    Laura xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw yay :) give it ago! I really think it's brill xxx

      Delete
  8. I keep hearing good things about this! I've still got my HD brow one but I might invest in this too! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh really?! I've wanted the HD brows one for ages :( how do you find it? :) ahh give it ago it's quite good if you're looking for a cheaper one! xxx

      Delete
  9. What a bargain! I've had my eye on a few brow kits recently but didn't even realise this one existed - will definitely check it out :-)

    Sharon x

    http://stargazyeyes.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!! It's sooo cheap & will last ages too which is always good :) aww yay do it Sharon! thank you :) xxx

      Delete
  10. This has reminded me how badly I need to sort out my eyebrows - I've had a full fringe for a few months so pretty much just left them to their own devices but now I'm growing my fringe to the side again and they're resembling cater pillars atm :P I use a natural collection eye-shadow to fill mine in but I think it's slightly too dark now my hair is lighter so I might give this a try, it's something I've been wanting to try for a while but I was never really sure what all the shades are for! I like the idea of the wax for setting :)
    Love Holly x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha oh gosh that doesn't sound good at all Hol! Yeah do it :) I think the lighter shade would actually really suit your brows seeming as your hair is nice and blonde! :) yeah to be honest i'm still a bit confused why I need 3 shades but hey ho! I'm sure they'll come in handy for something! thank you for your lovely comments :) xxxx

      Delete
  11. Lovely blog, following!
    x
    www.mollyewins.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate and read every single one of my comments, check back too because I reply to every single one, I figure you took the time to write me a comment so I should take the time to reply! (although it sometimes takes me a few days) if you have any specific enquiries or want to reach me sooner with a question feel free to email me gemmabullock@icloud.com. Thank you so much for your support x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Gem Bullock
Blogger Templates made by pipdig