Sunday 21 April 2013

Benefit 'Fake Up' Under Eye Concealer Review








Benefit Fake Up - No1 - £18.50 - 3.5g - Boots or Benefit - here

Hi ladies, hope you're all okay and had a good weekend. I had yesterday off work so went and did a bit of shopping with my mum and had a really nice day today as well chilling out so it's been a good weekend overall. Anyway today I thought I would share with you a product that I've been loving lately from Benefit which is their 'Fake Up' under eye concealer. 

Now, if you've read my blog for a while you may know that i'm constantly complaining that I have ridiculously dark under eye circles, the problem is that i'm super duper pale and I have a really hard time sleeping so therefore my under eyes look horrible, they're so dark and I have never seemed to find anything to help cover them up. I actually went to my local Benefit Counter in the hope of purchasing 'Erase Paste' which is another concealer that Benefit sell, I've heard that it's really good for the under eye area due to the fact that it has salmon tones to it which help counteract the purple in your under eye circles. Anyway I ended up walking away with 'Fake Up' because the lovely benebabe at the counter said that Fake Up is a much better concealer and is a lot more delicate and non-drying under the eyes. I have some trouble with dry-ness under my eyes so she popped this under my eyes and I saw such a dramatic difference that I just had to purchase it.

'Fake Up' is a concealer completely different to lots of the others on the market. The thing that makes 'Fake Up' so different, is that it contains both an eye cream and a concealer in one, the eye cream contains Vitamin E & Apple Seed extract which is meant to both hide dark circles and also diffuses fine lines. The outer ring of the concealer is the bit that contains the Vitamins and the eye cream and the inner part of the stick contains the concealer which Benefit say is 'light defusing' and 'skin smoothing'. So you really get the best of both worlds with this product and although it's slightly pricey you really are getting a 2 in 1 product. Another great thing about this product is that its going to last ages, you only need a tiny bit underneath your eyes too hide any circles you have. 

Another great thing about this concealer is the packaging. I am such a sucker for Benefit's packaging and everything from the box to the actual product just screams 'girly' and 'fun' too me. The 'Fake Up' Concealer comes in a really nice shiny packaging that looks almost like a lipstick and I love the pink detailing on the packaging which makes it much more fun. I think how small this concealer is means that it's really great for travelling and this is a product you can just throw in your bag and top up during the day which I think is a really good feature of it. In actual fact 'Fake Up' is barely bigger than a Mac lipstick (as you can see in the photographs above!) which means it's the perfect essential product to travel with during the day.

I really really love this concealer and as soon as the lovely lady popped this under my eyes I knew that I needed it in my life. My mum even commented on how amazing it looked and how my dark circles were reduced. I've never found anything that works under my eyes like this and the fact that it's soo easy to apply & looks super natural is also a massive plus from me. I don't have fine eyes around my eyes because I'm only 19 but what I have found is that this concealer just glides under the eye area and is really light weight and creamy. This has a really great coverage and really helps to brighten my circles and cover them up but it also feels really cooling and nice under the eyes and I actually feel like I'm just applying a really soothing eye cream rather than adding concealer. I think the reason that I love this concealer so much is because it really moisturises the area first which means when you add the concealer it doesn't settle, it doesn't dry or look cakey it just covers and sinks in and looks so natural. 

This product is also super easy to apply, you only need to use a teeny amount and it just glides under the eye area, the lady at the counter told me that the best thing to do is just too apply the concealer in a 'V' shape underneath the eye area and then blend it with your fingers in an upwards motion. The 'V' shape helps to cover the worst area's of the circle and also is going to help the concealer work as a natural highlight around the eye area. Also using your fingers to help blend it in means that your going to warm up the product a bit meaning it will be even easier for it to sink in and really glide on. Lastly blending the concealer upwards means that you get the maximum brightness right underneath the eye area that really will help to cover those bags all day long.

Overall, I absolutely adore the Benefit 'Fake Up' I just think it's one of the best products on the market for the under eye area and I'm glad that I picked this up over 'Erase Paste', I love that it is moisturizing and also has awesome coverage. The only problem that I do see with this product is the fact it has limited shades, in fact you will only find this product in 3 shades and although concealer can match quite a lot of skin tones I am worried that some people may not find a match for their skin tone  I'm in the shade light no.1 by the way and for me it's a really good match but I'm not too sure. Anyway thank you for reading & I will speak to you all really soon!
Lots of Love,
Gem xxx


SHARE:

44 comments

  1. ahhh i need to get my hands on this - i struggle finding concealers that are drying under the eyes and this sounds great!x

    www.oliviaroses.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh gosh I have a really hard time with drying concealers, I have oily skin but the area under my eyes is so sensitive! I would really recommend this :) xx

      Delete
  2. Great pictures! My under eye circles are very dark though, so perhaps I might need something with a peachy tone to counteract the purple/blue? Lovely, indepth review :-)

    http://thebeautypier.blogspot.com

    Megan x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thank you Megan! :) yeah I'd say go to a Benefit counter and give it ago you can try Erase Paste too and see which one you're feeling then! :) xxx

      Delete
  3. The packaging of this is stunning. I really need a new concealer and this might just be the one!

    Oh just one more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!! It's gorgeous, they should make their lipsticks in packaging like this I think! :) Yeah It's amazing sooo go give it a try! :) xxx

      Delete
  4. Ahh you have no idea how much I want this concealer! I'm using a concealer pen at the moment for dark circles but it's a little bit drying - this one actually sounds perfect! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh not again! haha oooh no yeah this one is great for not drying your skin out I'm sure you'll love it because we have the same taste haha! :) xxx

      Delete
  5. Great review honey! I've been LOVING this too & going to review it soon! It's just so easy to slick on in a morning and it really does brighten dark circles!! I love to whole '2-in-1' concept too - such a great idea!! Xx.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Kayleigh! :) ooooh yeah you got it at the Benefit event didn't you?! yay it's amazing, can't wait too see your review too, people need to know about this it's sooo good! Yeah super easy to use and it actually works! :) xxx

      Delete
  6. I bought this the other day and it's absolutely amazing! Can't believe the difference it's made!

    Sophs xx

    The Sopho Diaries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh god I know!! I can't believe how good it is! Wish I'd picked it up the second it came out now! xxx

      Delete
  7. WOW, this product sounds amazing!! I would love to try it!

    Kimberley x

    www.kimberleysbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww it really is kimberley! You'd love it i'm sure :) xxx

      Delete
  8. I so want this... like really really want it xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha aww bless you hun! go and treat yourself!xxx

      Delete
  9. Previously I have had problems with my concealers due to it drying and looking cakey underneath my eyes. As this has a cream infused with the concealer, I think this may be a product for me. Your review has been very helpful and I will make sure to swatch some when I next go in Debenhams.
    Thanks for the post
    Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah that;s the exact same problems I've been having hun, I was finding it soo annoying! Yeah I think that's why it works for me because it's much more moisturising! :) aww yay, let me know ify ou do decide to try it! xxx

      Delete
  10. This is really tempting me now!!! I have had dark under eye circles since I was little. So I am always on the hunt for a good concealer. Might give this one a go. Very pricey though, but judging by your review...it seems worth it ;) x

    www.cosmeticallycreative.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha sorry Lily!! awww :( it's rubbish having dark circles! haha yeah i defo think its worth the price and should last for ages too :) xxx

      Delete
  11. I'm desperate to buy this now! I also suffer from really dark circles under my eyes and have been searching for a decent concealer for AGES! Great review!
    Laura xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Laura! :) Yeah defo give it ago I really think it could work for you! xxx

      Delete
  12. This looks great! Really want to try it now!

    http://thebellelavieproject.blogspot.co.uk/

    Kelouise xo

    http://thebellelavieproject.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks kelouise! :) yeah give it ago! xx

      Delete
  13. Thanks for this. I was in Westfield yesterday and was really scouting on another eye concealer. I think I'll give this a go. :)


    Roma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no problem hun, thanks for reading! Oh gosh go and give it ago next time you're looking for a good under eye concealer! xx

      Delete
  14. i haven't tried this but i swatched it on the back of my hand and it felt super moisturizing! really would love to try out this product!

    -ariel* xoxo
    www.chiclookxo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it feels sooo amazing! aww give it ago hun! :) xxx

      Delete
  15. This seems to be the product of the season. I bought it in light and dark and use for contouring.
    Love it

    prettylittleus

    Kate
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah you're right there, everyone is raving about it! I love it tooo, amazing! xxx

      Delete
  16. I'm so glad you love it & that it really works! I've been wanting to purchase it for a while as I also have dark circles under my eyes - hereditary (great hey, haha). Thanks for a great review hun :) <3

    Robyn ~ The Chic Image xox
    http://thechicimage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no :( I think a lot of mine are hereditary too, because they just don't ever go away haha! :) no problem lovely, defo give it ago! xxx

      Delete
  17. I haven't tried any Benefit products before but think I may have to try this one out. Hopefully one of the three shades will be a perfect match for my skin.

    Charissa x
    prettypugly.blogspot.com x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh yay, I've only tried their foundation & mascara so i'm no Benefit expert but I just blommin love this stuff haha! Yeah I hope soo, go get tested at the counter and then you can see if you like it before you buy! :) xxx

      Delete
  18. This sounds great! I love that it's moistorising for the under eye area too. And I'm a sucker for Benefit packaging too! Always so pretty and love the names of their products. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah that's defo the best bit about it! :) ahhh me too, Benefit packaging is soooo nice haha! I want to own all of it, yeah they're names are always really catchy too! thank you lovely :) xxxx

      Delete
  19. i desperately need this in my life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha aww bless you kirst! go give it ago :) xxx

      Delete
  20. Great post, Benefit make up always catches my eye on the shelves, I just love the packaging! I might give this a try, I'm forever finding dark circles under my eyes..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah me too, it just stands out! :) awww yeah do it, me too :( I hate dark circles haha! xxx

      Delete
  21. hi! great blog!
    Do you want to follow each other?
    if you interested, please let me know!
    http://walls-cant-stop-you.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love this concealer I have it myself!
    I'm your newest follower, follow me back at alicemaydear.blogspot.com if you like

    Happy blogging
    x

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love Benefit make up! The quality is amazing!
    This concealer is great!

    Would be nice when you visit my blog :)

    xx
    annapetite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I haven’t tried this personally but I’ve heard a lot of good things about it. Sounds good though from what you’ve said. Might have to actually go out and try it now! Defiantly your newest fan now xx
    http://heroineinheels.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate and read every single one of my comments, check back too because I reply to every single one, I figure you took the time to write me a comment so I should take the time to reply! (although it sometimes takes me a few days) if you have any specific enquiries or want to reach me sooner with a question feel free to email me gemmabullock@icloud.com. Thank you so much for your support x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Gem Bullock
Blogger Templates made by pipdig