Tuesday 16 April 2013

Revlon Lip Butters Review & Swatches






Creme Brulee, Sugar Frosting, Cotton Candy, Sorbet 


Revlon Lip Butters - Creme Brulee, Cotton Candy, Sugar Frosting & Sorbet - £7.99 here

Hi lovelies, hope you're all okay, if you saw my collective beauty haul on Sunday you would have seen I picked up my first Revlon Lip Butter shades, I got a lot of comments on that post from people saying that they thought the shades were really pretty so I thought I would dedicate a whole post to them so you could find out a bit more about them and see which shades I've been liking the most. Like I said in my haul post I had never tried a Revlon Lip butter before but they'd always been something i've heard a lot about from the blogging community and always been something i'm pretty interested in so I'm really glad I finally took the plunge and got my hands on them. I picked up four colours overall, Creme Brulee, Cotton Candy, Sugar Frosting (Sorry I annotated my picture wrong!) and Sorbet. I think all of them are from their normal collection apart from Sorbet which is one of the shades Revlon released as part of their recent Spring Collection.

The formula of the Revlon Lip Butters is something I really like and enjoy, I've never been someone that was really into lipstick into just a few months ago, now I love to experiment but I also find some of the more pigmented lipsticks quite hard to wear and I'd say i'm pretty rubbish at sporting the really 'out there' lip. These lip butters are absolutely perfect for that though, they are very sheer on first application and they are very glossy meaning that they are ridiculously easy for everyday wear and you can really just throw them on without a mirror. They're very sheeny and shiny which means they are super moisturizing on the lips and I find them really comfortable to wear. As I said they are very sheer and glossy on first application but you can really build them if you want more of a pigmented or statement lip, that's why I like them so much, I find that Sorbet which is the brightest colour can be built up and you can make it really bright but it's still super easy to wear because of the fact it has a really sheen and creamy finish which means it doesn't look too much. Also these are absolutely perfect for dry or dehydrated lips because this really won't settle into fine lines on the lips or dry patches and they will really work too smooth out your lips and make them look really perky and nice. I also think these Revlon Lip Butters are absolutely perfect as we come into Spring and Summer, especially as we get hotter weather because you can just quickly apply them and wear them and they have such cool shades that will work through the warmer months & look lovely on the lips. Anyway I thought I would do a run through of all of the different shades I picked up.

Creme Brulee
I love Creme Brulee, this was the lipstick that made me fall in love with the whole Revlon Lip butter range, this is the lipstick that I picked up first and I just think this is the absolute perfect lipstick for everyday. I've been looking for a really nice nude shade that I can wear every single day and also wear when I have a bit more of a smokey eye shadow look and I've found the absolute perfect shade. I can't even begin to explain how much love I have for this lipstick, I've never found a nude shade that actually suited me before but this one does and it really compliments my skin tone and it doesn't make me look dead at all (which is always nice!), I just really like this, this is the lipstick that I will carry around in my bag because I know whatever makeup look I am sporting or whatever I'm doing this will just be fool proof and never let me down on the lip front, I can just chuck this on whenever and wherever and I know that it will always look good. I just want to mention that the swatch of this lipstick is really built up and doesn't do it justice at all, on first application Creme Brulee looks really creamy and sheer and actually really like the swatch of Sugar Frosting (or Pink frosting as I like to call it). I just think that every girl needs to own a lipstick like this because it's pretty much perfect and I think this will be absolutely amazing in the Summer as well especially when it's worn with a tan. Revlon really got it right with this one.

Cotton Candy
Cotton Candy is probably my second favourite of the lip butters that I picked up, it's quite pink but it's a really nice pale, baby pink which could be worn pretty much everyday which is again why I like it so much. I find that I wear more of the wearable shades and therefore they are the ones I tend to go for. This shade is much more glossy than some of the other shades I've got and on the lips it looks pretty much like a really pretty pink gloss so is really complimentary. I find that if you build this up you can get quite a bright pink lip which you could wear more if you wanted to make a statement. The only problem that I have with this lip butter which I haven't had with the other lip butters is the fact that this one is broken, the lip butter doesn't twist up or down and is kind of stuck, I think I just got a duff one though so if you're picking this up make sure that you bare that in mind and test it first so you don't get one that's broke, it's not too much of an issue though just a bit annoying at times. I think this lipstick will work pretty much all year round and really makes your lips look full and glossy and I would recommend Creme Brulee & Cotton Candy to absolute everyone because they're just lovely shades that would work on absolutely everyone.

Sugar Frosting
Sugar Frosting is a really pretty frosty pink that really adds a nice sheen to the lips, if I'm completely honest Sugar Frosting is the one shade that I've picked up that slightly disappointed me a bit. I picked this up in a rush and I think I picked up the wrong shade because this is not the same lip butter that I swatched in store, I find the pigmentation of Sugar Frosting really poor and to be honest it takes a huge amount of work to get any colour payoff at all. It's pretty much just all gloss and no colour, I think this could work really nice with a tan or if you have a darker skin tone then mine you could probably pull this off and it would look really pretty on you. But for my skin tone it just seems to wash me out a little bit and although I will wear this I don't think it's going to become my favourite or the one I get the most use out of. This looks really similar too Cotton Candy in the tube but they are completely different on the lips, Cotton Candy has such a nice pale pink colour behind it and Sugar Frosting just has hardly any colour payoff. It is definitely a 'frosted' shade though and it kind of reminds me of a lip product an Ice Skater would wear? I don't know, I probably sound like a freak but hopefully you all get what I mean.

Sorbet
I love Sorbet, I love the name of Sorbet, the brightest of Sorbet, the colour payoff and just the shade it's self I think it's absolutely gorgeous and is such a brilliant lip butter. After purchasing and playing around with Sorbet I want to pick up some of the other lip butters that they released for the Spring Collection because it's gorgeous and as we get into Spring and Summer and hot weather I know this lipstick will just be constantly on my lips. This lipstick is just Summer in a tube for me, it's a bright pink shade which leans slightly red and it's just literally a really hot pink shade that is really bright and loud. Compared to all of the other lip butters I've tried this one has the most pigmentation and colour payoff and you hardly need any too get a really fun lip colour. I really like this because as I said before I'm really scared of bright lips and this is going to be a really nice colour to wear to intensify the lips but also has a really glossy finish meaning it's going to be much more flattering and wearable.

Overall, I honestly adore the Revlon Lip Butters, I just find them to really work for me, I really like the fact that they're glossy and you have to build up the colour which means during the day I can wear them a lot sheerer and then if i'm feeling brave I can build up the colour. I think the glossiness of them is really nice and makes them really wearable and I love that they're super creamy on the lips and moisturizing and just really comfortable too. I also love the packaging, I think it's really fun and nice and it's really lightweight so you can just chuck it in your bag and go. I also think that the packaging is cute because the lip butter tube matches the colour which means it's really easy to find the shade you're looking for when you're half asleep in the morning. I also really love the quilted design.

Anyway thanks for reading & let me know what you think of the Revlon Lip Butters!
Lots of love
Gem xxx

SHARE:

54 comments

  1. I really want to try these x

    www.hannahheartss.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. give them ago hannah! :) i'm sure you'll love them as much as I do! :) xxx

      Delete
  2. super nice and sweet shades of lipstick! they are great for various locations!
    would you like to follow each other?
    A
    xx
    http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I know exactly what you mean :) lovely shades for different locations! :)
      will defo check out your blog soon! xxx

      Delete
  3. Wow great post! I love Pink Frosting and Sorbet, they are gorgeous. I have Tutti Frutti and Juicy Papaya and I love them!!

    http://alanaburkebeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Alana! :) that's really lovely of you to say! Ooh you do? :) they're 2 of the new shades aren't they? think they're next on my wishlist because they'll be perfect for spring! :) xxx

      Delete
  4. Sorbet and cotton candy look really pretty. Good choices

    kate - sparkle dust x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Kate! :) they're really lovely! xxx

      Delete
  5. My favourite is Creme brulee. It is the perfect nude. Isn't too pale to make it look like you have been washed out but also isn't too dark. It is perfect. My other lipstick broke so I will be definitely repurchasing this shade nearer to summer.
    Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh ma gosh I love Creme brulee, it's my fav too! :) yeah I agree with absolutely everything you've said there, I just can't get enough of it! :) ooh yeah make sure you pick it up again before Summer it'll be perfect for those warmer months! xxx

      Delete
  6. I love the lip butters. I love the look of sorbet and cotton candy, so pretty! I sold 4 of mine on my blog sale and wish I hadn't now haha xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! :) oh gosh Sorbet is just the nicest colour ever! :) ahhhh no?! which ones did you sell haha? xxxx

      Delete

  7. The frosting lip butter lots SO full of moisture! These looks brilliant for dry lips, think I'll have to pick up a couple!



    http://haul-oholic.blogspot.no/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah they're all sooo moisturising but that one in particular is really good! :) yeah for dry lips these are perfect so give them ago for sure :) xxx

      Delete
  8. these look gorgeous! really want to try them x

    makeupmusicfashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thanks hayley! :) they really are great! xxx

      Delete
  9. I am dying to try one of the Revlon lip butters, but just haven't gotten around to actually buying one lol. I think I will start with the creme brulee - pinks don't do wonders for my skin color :D I just found your blog Gem and am looking forward to reading more of your posts!! I followed you on twitter & bloglovin' :) Thank you if you follow back :D

    Chat soon, Robyn xox
    http://thechicimage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I was the same! everyone's been raving about them for so long and i'd never picked one up so i'm glad that I finally did haha! aww thank you so much, that's such a lovely thing to say! :) i'll make sure too follow you back! :) xxxx

      Delete
  10. Ahhh Gemma I am in look e with Sorbet, what a beautiful shade! Definitely going to make a quick Boots detour this week ;). Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha god you make me laugh! so easy influenced! ;) thanks doll :) you'll love it though, will really suit you! xxx

      Delete
  11. Oo i love all the pinks! fantastic review:) xxx

    www.trustinvogue.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thank you Hannah! :) I'm a bit of a lover of the pinks if you can't tell haha! xxx

      Delete
  12. ooh i love the candy floss and the sorbet. They look very nice!! Might be getting myself some of those!! Really interesting and detailed reveiw. Would mean a lot ( if you want to) if you had a look at my blog? xx

    http://perfectly--petite.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thanks Lydia! :) they're two of the best ones, sooo summery! :) aww let me know if you do pick some up :) yeah of course I will! thanks lovely xxx

      Delete
  13. such a detailed review :) cotton candy and creme brulee look to my taste! I love your blog and really enjoy reading it!
    http://jodie-melissa.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thank you that's such a nice think too say! :) yeah they're my 2 fav's out of the bunch! defo the most wearable! :) xxxx

      Delete
  14. Hey beautiful : ) I love the look of Sorbet, what a fab colour pay off! Fab price too. How could I go wrong? Definitely heading to Boots this weekend!

    Lots of love doll.
    xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hii! :) aww thank you! I know it's amaaaaazing! It's soo pigmented it's crazy! :) haha yay! let me know what you think if you end up picking it up :) xxxx

      Delete
  15. i have sugar frosting and a bunch others but i really want sorbet, it looks so vibrant and gorgeous!

    -ariel* xoxo
    www.chiclookxo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh you do? :) yeah it's amazing! so perfect for summer! :) xxx

      Delete
  16. Love the pink and redder one! Nude liek colors are so not for my paler than pale complexion D:

    Want to follow each other? Bloglovin and GFC?
    http://lizziapple.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah me too! :) awww really? :/ this is the only nude that works on me and i'm quite pale! xxx

      Delete
  17. How gorgeous is Sorbet?! The only lip butter i have is berry smoothie which is really nice, i need to pick up a couple more i think :)
    Anna x

    onthedressingtable.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!! sooo beautiful :) oooh I haven't seen berry smoothie, will have to check it out! :) yeah perfect for warmer months I think! xxx

      Delete
  18. The names sound so delicious, definitely want to try these!

    http://graciiousme.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh god they are! I love Revlons name choices! xxx

      Delete
  19. The Cotton Candy one is my favorite! I've been wearing it more often now that it's spring. I like to "waken" up my look with brighter lip colors as it helps when my face looks a little washed out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah it's one of mine too! :) yeah it's the perfect spring colour! yeah I know what you mean, that's a great tip! xxx

      Delete
  20. Oh my goodness you have made me want creme brulee sooo badly, I really might have to treat myself when I'm next near a boots or superdrug!! It sounds like the perfect shade that I've been looking for for summer :) I'm a huge fan of the lip butters, I brought peach parfait last summer and it's on its last legs now, I'm gonna be gutted when it runs out! I got 3 new ones the other day but I can't remember for the life of me which ones they were, I haven't actually used them yet cos I want to photograph them first :P
    Loved this post :) :)
    Love Holly x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha aww holly! creme brulee is defo my fav out of them all so if you're gunna pick one up I couldn't recommend that one more! :) ooooh no :( I've heard so much about peach parfait it's crazy! I can't wait too see your new one on all of your 3 new shades! :) thanks for the lovely comment again darl xxx

      Delete
  21. Sorbet is shouting at me, screaming for me to buy it D:

    willowsworld92.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha oh noo! I think everyone is feeling Sorbet! let me know if you give it ago hun! :) xxx

      Delete
  22. Cotton Candy seems like it could be the one for me! You have convinced me that I need to go out and buy it!

    http://ohjustonemore.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's the perfect baby pink! :) so as long as you like that sort of thing i'm sure you'll love it! :) haha sorry hun! xxx

      Delete
  23. Ciao Bella,
    I love your blog, it is filled with lots of interesting things... just my style... hehehe.
    I started following you, I hope you don't mind.
    I'd love it so much if you also followed me back at www.agelesssecrets.blogspot.com, it would really make my day!
    Wishing you a really lovely day!!
    Hugs & Kisses,
    Love,
    Shelley
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hii! :) aww thank you so much, I'll make sure that I check your blog out too :) xxx

      Delete
  24. Hello dear.I just found your blog and it's great.I really really like it :)What do you think about following each other.Just let me know and I'll follow you immediately:) Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great pics and reviews lovely.. I love the look of Cotton Candy! What a beautiful shade xx
    Gemma ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you lovely! :) cotton candy is beautiful! :) i'm sure you'd love it :) xxx

      Delete
  26. hii :) thank you, will defo check out your blog asap xxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hey, love your review on the lip butters, was planning to buy one myself!
    also could you check out my blog, new to this? thanks
    http://hielainehere.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Would Creme Bulee look nice on my medium-dark skin tone ?
    I really like that color (':

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate and read every single one of my comments, check back too because I reply to every single one, I figure you took the time to write me a comment so I should take the time to reply! (although it sometimes takes me a few days) if you have any specific enquiries or want to reach me sooner with a question feel free to email me gemmabullock@icloud.com. Thank you so much for your support x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Gem Bullock
Blogger Templates made by pipdig