Monday 15 April 2013

Bloggers I love - Best of Beauty #1

Hi lovely ladies, hope you're all okay. Today I thought I'd do something a bit different for my blog. I've never done this before but I thought I would share with you some of the blogs I love to read. The reason I started writing my own blog was because I loved reading other peoples and throughout the time I've been reading blogs I've found some amazing ones. A lot of you may already know the people I've featured within this post but for those of you who don't go and check them out and give them a cheeky follow, I can promise you you won't regret it. The blogs I've featured for me really are the best of the best and the ones I've read for months and months and months and so I thought I would dedicate a post to them all. 

Birds Words
I love Beth from Birds Words, she writes one of the best blogs ever and she is honestly one of the nicest people you will ever meet, if you ever tweet her or leave a comment on her blog she'll always be happy to reply and have a chit chat and the fact that she's so nice and down to earth just makes me want to read her blog even more. Anyway Birds Words is an amazing beauty blog, the photo's are literally out of this world and every time I read one of her posts I swoon at how amazing the whole post looks! Beth always blogs about really lovely products and is really honest in giving her opinion about them. I'm sure you've all heard of Beth & her lovely blog before but if not please go and check it out because you'll be addicted for life, I promise. Probably my favourite post from Beth over the last few weeks would be her contouring tutorial featuring the Chanel Bronze Universal so make sure you check that out as well. Seriously got a lot of lovin for Beth & she's gorgeous too which always helps! She also always manages to make me chuckle all the time and I think she's really really relate-able and her personality shines loud and clear throughout all her posts! 



Couture Girl
Kayleigh from Couture Girl has to be one of the most loved bloggers in the blogging world (and for good reason too!), even though a lot of you will already know all about her and her amazing blog I still wanted to give her a cheeky mention. See Kayleigh was the reason I started blogging myself, her blog was the first I ever read and the reason I loved blogs and got involved in the community. I started reading Couture Girl when Kayleigh had just started blogging so it's been amazing seeing her blog grow and grow, I followed her adventures in Australia and I am just hooked on all of her posts. Every single time she tweets saying she's got a new post up I literally load the page as fast as I can so I can read it and I enjoy every single one of them. Kayleigh's blog is full of something for everyone, she has amazing beauty posts, she throws in fashion posts and some lifestyle posts so really she's just an amazing all rounder and I think she's a really big inspiration. If you have somehow managed not to discover Kayleigh's blog yet (have you been living under a rock?!) go over and check it out, I can hand on heart say I enjoy every single one of her posts. One in particular I really enjoyed reading was her makeup storage/collection at the end of last month so make sure you check that out too. I just think Kayleigh is a great blogger and a really nice one too, she has a massive following but is still really nice and down to earth and I for one am really proud of her success. Her blog is my all time favourite and I could spend all day raving about it, she really is just the best. 




Sophia Meola
I love Sophia, she's such a sweetheart, when I first started tweeting and getting involved with the blogging community more Sophia was always so lovely too me and I really appreciate that. Sophia is just a lovely beauty blogger, every time she posts a haul or a beauty review on her blog I literally die of jealously, this girl has a makeup collection to die for and she posts some of the best reviews around. She's also dipped her toe in the You Tube world and I enjoy watching her video's just as much as I enjoy reading her blog, her reviews are so in depth and informative and I love that about them. Sophia also runs a jewellery company called Sophia with Love which has some gorgeous jewellery you should try out. I just really like Sophia, I love her blog design and I see Sophia's blog as a little blog of luxury. Again a lot of you probably already follow Sophia but if not go over there & get following it straight away. I really enjoyed her latest post about the Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation (I want it soooo bad!) so whilst you're over there, give that a read! Sophia is just a lovely girl with a lovely blog so she defo makes the cut for one of my fav's.



Beauty and the Chic
Claudia was also a blogger that I became friends with on Twitter and I just really like her. Her blog is amazing and I'm a big fan, her blog is one of those blogs I keep going back to and catching up on her posts all the time. She's a lovely girl and I love that she has so much variation in all her posts. I discovered Claudia's blog not too long ago but one night when I couldn't sleep I decided to catch up and read back over nearly all of her blog posts and I really enjoyed it. I just really like her blog, she has a lot of variety between brands and is always switching things up. I just like Claudia & think she's a great all-rounder. One of the blog posts I absolutely loved was her Mac Haul recently for her beauty kit, the pictures literally blew me away! And she deserves way more followers so go and show her some love.




Lucy Rose Green - 
I love Lucy's Blog, it's amazing. I think I love Lucy's blog so much because she has the exact same taste in makeup as I do and therefore literally 99% of the things she posts about really interest me and I really enjoy reading, in actual fact the last two posts she's written are on two products that I absolutely love too. I just find my self enjoying a lot of Lucy's post and she just always talks about products I either already love or want to try so she's got it perfect. Her blog design is gorgeous too & she seems like a really nice girl as well. I think her blog deserves a lot more recognition then it gets! 



Makeup Magpie - 
I love Gem from Miss Makeup Magpie, she has the same name as me which is only part of the reason but she's a lovely girl, I get on with her ridiculously well and can always have a gossip and a chat with her on twitter but besides that I really like her blog. I find that Gem's blog is very individual and quite different to the blogs I normally love, nevertheless Gem's blog is absolutely full to the brim of beauty and that is only where my love begins, she has pale skin like me which means I can always trust her judgement on products, she does brill swatches and she reviews loads of products from budget to high end and everything in between and she has a lot of variety she switches from beauty to candles to jewellery and back again but I really like all of her posts, something I love about Gem is her blunt honesty it really makes me trust her reviews. I also really like that she changes up the backgrounds in her photos and she's always been super lovely too me and always makes to check up on my blog and comment too which is really sweet! 


Sandy @ Absolute Beaut
Last but definitely not least is the lovely Sandy who writes at Absolute Beaut, I really love Sandy, if you've read my blog for a while then you would have known that me and Sandy recently did a guest post on each others blogs and I really enjoyed the whole experience because Sandy was just amazing and we just worked really well together. I was honored to be able to do a post on Sandy's blog and have her post on mine because her blog is amazing and one of my fav's. I love that Sandy goes one step further with her blog, a lot of people review their products and then never mention them again but Sandy is always doing posts like her fav colour products of spring, her favourite drugstore products and her fake tan hero's so you really get too see the products she rates and which products she would recommend you to spend your money on. I really love Sandy's blog set up and the fact she is so nice. I always stay in contact with Sandy and she's always around for a natter and she's a lovely girl, I know a lot of people like her and read her blog and I can completely understand why. She is definitely one of my favourite bloggers in the world and someone I really respect & like. I really liked her March Haul! Sandy went mad and bought quite a bit but it was a really good read and to say I was a little bit jealous is a complete understatement! Make sure you go and give Sandy some lovin'.


Anyway I hope you all enjoyed this post & you discovered some new beauty blogs from it, for me these are the best picks of beauty bloggers and definitely the ones I would recommend to absolutely everyone. I actually enjoyed writing this post so much that I'm thinking of doing a second part to it next week so that you can see the rest of my favourite bloggers so look out for that too. Thanks for reading anyway & I'll speak too you all really soon! xxx



SHARE:

16 comments

  1. I love these types of posts - I'm always after new blogs & wasn't following most of these! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah me too, I love seeing blogs that other people love! :) aww no way, hope you like them then! :) xxx

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing! Looking forward to checking these blogs out!!

    Love Lucee xx
    lifewithlucee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no problem lovely :) thanks for reading! make sure you do, i'm sure you'll love them! xxx

      Delete
  3. Ah Gem this is the sweetest post ever! Thanks for writing such sweet things about me & my blog, it means a lot to me! I love the other blogs you've mentioned too & of course yours is fabulous!!

    Xx.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha awww no problem lovely it's only the truth! :) glad you liked it! xxx

      Delete
  4. Thank you for sharing these, Gem . We checked out every single one and can see why you love them so much. Your blog is fantastic too by the way! Keep up the great work hun

    www.mkstyleramblings.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww no problem! thank you for reading :) aww you did?! that's lovely! I hope you enjoy reading them! :) awww thank you so much, that's a really sweet thing to say xxx

      Delete
  5. Great post :D I love reading these sorts of things!

    I noticed you've guest posted on other blog before and wondered if you would be interested in writing something for Confessions of a Secret Shopper while I take a break to have my baby boy in May?

    If so, please e-mail me over at louise_smith1984@ymail.com

    Thanks.

    Louise x

    Confessions of a Secret Shopper

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thank you Louise! :) I love reading them too, I always discover some new Gem's haha!
      Yeah I would love too :) I'll give you an email tomorrow & we can have a chat about it :) xxxx

      Delete
  6. I love all these blog! great choices :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much lovely! So sweet of you to mention me and my little blog! Thank you!!! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seriously made my day reading what you've wrote about my little old blog.. You're such a complete sweetheart, thank you!! Xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww Sandy! that's really nice to hear :)! no problem at all! xxxx

      Delete

I really appreciate and read every single one of my comments, check back too because I reply to every single one, I figure you took the time to write me a comment so I should take the time to reply! (although it sometimes takes me a few days) if you have any specific enquiries or want to reach me sooner with a question feel free to email me gemmabullock@icloud.com. Thank you so much for your support x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Gem Bullock
Blogger Templates made by pipdig