Sunday 14 April 2013

Collective Beauty Haul






Hi Ladies, hope you're all doing okay! Today I thought I would share with you a beauty haul of some bits and bobs I've been buying lately. I've gone a bit crazy to be fair but I think a mix of Easter and all the amazing offers that are around in both Superdrug and Boots lately have kind of made me want too pick up some new beauty products. Plus every girl needs a splurge once in a while right? Anyway I haven't shared a great amount of haul posts with you guys just because I'm rubbish, as soon as I get home from buying something new I have to try it and then the photo's always look rubbish and it just isn't the same, I was pretty good this time though so thought it was definitely time to share. I'll be doing reviews on some of the products featured over the next few weeks too, so let me know if there's anything you want too see in a little bit more 
detail.

Revlon Lip Butters - here
Creme Brulee, Sugar Frosting, Cotton Candy & Sorbet
Firstly is some Revlon Lip Butters, I realise it was probably a little bit excessive to pick up four of these but I already love them. I was in Boots and I saw the Revlon stand and started swatching them, I remember last year when I first started blogging there was a massive hype around these lip products and every single blogger was talking about them but I never actually took the plunge and picked them up because to be honest it wasn't until the end of last year I really started wearing lipstick. Anyway I picked up the shades Creme Brulee and Cotton Candy, went home and tried them and fell soooo in love with them that I went back the next day and picked up Pink Frosting and Sorbet. These have a really nice formula, you can wear them pretty sheer on the lips or you can build them up, but they're so comfortable and moisturizing and they're perfect for wearing every day. I really like these and will definitely be picking up more of these, so look out for a post about these baby's sometime soon! 

Make up Academy (MUA) Brow Kit - here
The next thing I did was pop along to Superdrug to pick up a few MUA goodies, I love MUA as a brand, they're cheap and cheerful and have some really good quality products. Anyway I picked up there 'Pro Brow Ultimate Eyebrow Kit'. I love filling in my brows and up until now I've been using the Elf eyebrow kit but mines recently ran out and I wanted to try something new. This is a really cool product you get 3 different shades that you can mix together to create the perfect eyebrow colour and you also get a white, clear wax which you can use to set your brows in place. You also get a teeny, tiny pair of tweezers and little brush housed in this really sturdy plastic case so this was a winner for me. Only £3.50 too!

Make Up Academy - Undressed Palette - here
I know,  I know, I'm late to the party, I think every single blogger has owned this palette and gave their two cents on it but I actually hadn't tried this until recently. I actually bought this palette for my mum for Christmas as a little stocking filler and she was really enjoying using it and I kept stealing it because I think it's ah-maaaazing! This is apparently a dupe for the Urban Decay Naked Palette which I've wanted since I picked up Naked 2 and I just think all the shades in this are gorgeous & really compliment your eyes. Plus these shadows are lovely quality and really pigmented too so I thought it was time I picked up my own. This is a bargain at £4.00 too.

Maxfactor Lipstick in Lilac Wine (655)  - here
I love Maxfactor as a brand I think they're face products, powders and mascara's are definitely the best quality from the drugstore and I really enjoy trying out some of their products, I also love the classy gold packaging. Anyway I thought I'd try out a lipstick from the brand and the shade Lilac Wine is pretty perfect,  it's one of those lipsticks that looks like your lips but better, it's quite a rosy pink colour and has a bit of shimmer in it, but I think this will be really pretty on the lips. I love the big Max Factor X imprinted on the lipstick too. 

Barry M Gelly Hi Shine Nail Paint in Lychee 303 - here
I won't ramble on about this purchase too much, this is the Barry M Gelly Nail Paint in Lychee, I pretty much had to pick up one of these Gelly Nail Paints by Barry M, they are soooo talked about in the beauty world right now and after seeing them featured on loads of blogs I had to pick one up. I thought i'd pick up Lychee because it's a lovely shade, this is perfect for everyday and just really neutral and nice and I don't actually own a shade like this. I really look forward to trying this one out and doing a nail of the day for you all.

Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation - Ivory here
I bought this foundation a few weeks ago but thought I'd include it in this haul because it's a recent beauty buy all the less. I love this, this foundation is incredible and if you're on the market for a new drugstore foundation then I can already tell you that this one is one to watch. If you've read my blog for a while you will know I'm the biggest fan of Rimmel Wake Me Up but this one is a massive hit with me too, It's got the coverage of Wake Me Up but doesn't have all the glitter and is literally light as air on the skin, the colour match is a bit better for all you paler girls too. This is fab!

Max factor Facefinity Compact Foundation - 01 Porcelain here
I love this compact, if you read my last Boots haul you would have seen me rave about this product and tell you all that I love it. I have really oily skin so I like to use a powder to set my foundation. My favourite ones are from Mac but for a cheaper option I like to use the Max factor one, it's probably the best powder I have found on the high street (and I've tried a lot) and this gives a bit of coverage too which is always good. I was in two minds whether to pick this one up or repurchase the Rimmel Stay Matte but I find this one much better for touch up's and it's a better colour for me so I went for Max factor once again.

Max factor MasterPiece Colour Precision Eyeshadow - here
Coffee 3 & Pearl Beige 5
I haven't really tried a lot of liquid eye shadows but these ones from Max Factor are lovely because they're really creamy and not too watery. My lovely mum actually picked these two up but she said I could feature them in this haul because she knows I'm bound to steal them anyway haha! The lightest shade is Pearl Beige and it's a gorgeous champagne colour which will look lovely on the inner corner of the eye and the second shade is coffee, which is more of a deep chocolate brown. I think these will be really nice for a really simple eye look and they are sooo creamy and easy to apply. I just hope they last on the eyelids.

Paco Rabanne - Lady Million Eau De Parfum - 30ml - here
This perfume is probably my favourite thing in the world right now, I picked this up over the Easter Weekend after loving the smell for such a long time, my friend has this and we went out a few weeks ago and literally everyone was stopping and asking her what she was wearing (including me). I find it really hard to describe scents but this is a really strong perfume and it's a really classic and quite grown up scent. It's quite a floral scent and I think I like it so much because it's sweet enough for my tastes but is really mature and sensual too, I just love it. If you're in Boots or Debenhams give this a spray and you'll love it, I promise. The gold blingy bottle is pretty cool too.

Lacoste Eau De Lacoste - 50ml - here
This perfume wasn't actually one that I bought, I won this in a competition that I entered on Glamour Magazines website months and months and months ago and I actually forgot about it until I got an email from them saying I had won a competition, if I've completely honest I couldn't even remember what I entered for but I got this about 2 weeks ago now and I love it. I think this is their new fragrence for Spring and oh boy! It smells amazing, the bottle of this perfume really reminds me of a golf ball though, so that's a bit strange haha! Anyway this again is a very floral scent but it's a lot sweeter which I love, this reminds me of Spring and it's really fresh and clean smelling, I've worn it a few times and people keep telling me I smell fresh and really Spring like which I think is a pretty good thing, it lasts really long too.

Primark - Backcombing Brush - £1.00
I've been doing a bit of clothes shopping in Primark over the last week too so I will get a clothing haul up soon but I thought I would include this Primark Backcombing brush in this beauty haul, I saw Zoella feature a backcombing brush in one of her video's not too long ago and I thought it looked pretty cool. I have pretty flat hair and I think this brush just makes it really simple to give your hair some volume, I'm actually really enjoying using this brush and think it works pretty well, feels well made too & I love that it's pink! Plus it's an absolute bargain at just £1.00!! 

Anyway lovelies, this post has taken me what feels like a year to write so if you're still here & you made it this far then thanks for reading & let me know if you want me to do a post on any of these bits down below! Hopefully I can stay away from buying anything else for a little while, although I am really eyeing up the Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation at the mo! Eeeep, someone help me! Anyway I hope you all have a lovely Sunday & i'll speak to you all really soon! :)
Lots of Love,
Gem
xxxx

SHARE:

33 comments

  1. You bought so much I am so jealous! I haven't tried a Revlon Lip butter yet, but I really want to! It seems that everyone has one and they sound fab. I also want to try an MUA eyeshadow palette. The Undressed palettes look gorgeous! Great haul, lovely. :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I went crazy :$ it was over 3 or 4 weeks though so I'm not too crazy haha! awww yeah do it :) I wasn't sure for a long time, but finally took the plunge! creme brulee is my absolute fav! :) yeah if you're gunna get a MUA palette i'd recommend undressed cus it's pretty perfect! :) thanks for the lovely comment hun x

      Delete
  2. Great Haul, I honestly could not have a half decent hair day with out that primark brush!! love it.

    judith

    http://greatlittlefinds.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Judith! :) haha really? I think i'm gunna be the same, will defo get addicted too it xx

      Delete
  3. Loveee the items! I've nominated you for the Versatile Blogger award. You can check it out on my blog! xxx
    scribblesandsparkles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thanks Katarina! :) and thank you for the nomination too, that's lovely of you! xxx

      Delete
  4. Great haul hun xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've literally just finished applying Barry M Lychee and absolutely love it - it's the perfect nude! I also love my MUA Undressed Palette.

    fashion--geek.blogspot.com
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay I just applied it today and I really like it too :) it's such a natural shade on the nails but looks so damn pretty! yeah such an amazing palette! thanks for the comment Jenny! :) xxx

      Delete
  6. Those lip sticks are gorgeous colours!

    Love your blog :)

    jodiepie.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know :O all soooo nice!
      Thanks very much lovely :) xxx

      Delete
  7. I am so jealous of all of this!
    I really want to try some MUA products :)


    http://phlerbler.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww! :) yeah do it, you won't regret it, really good for a really cheap price! xxx

      Delete
  8. Oh the revlon lip butters are really nice ..i need to buy one too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah they really are! I'm so glad I tried them :) let me know if you do too! xxx

      Delete
  9. Great haul!
    I have the Paco Robanne perfume and love it!
    Just followed! Would love it if you could check out my blog :)
    http://mysteriousbeautyy.blogspot.co.uk/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jess!
      Oh ma god I know?! it's gorgeous, smells amazing :)
      will defo check out your blog asap too :) xxx

      Delete
  10. Lovely lip butter colors!

    -Athenaxo
    modestlysophisticated.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah they're amazing! I love them :) thanks hun x

      Delete
  11. we wish MUA and primark was availablein australia. Their products are so affordable but their quality is still good

    www.mkstyleramblings.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh no, I bet you do! that's rubbish! yeah :( I think you can buy mua online & get it shipped though :) xx

      Delete
  12. Love all your gorgeous bits and pieces you picked up!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely love this review of these products. I want them! You posted on #bbloggers chat last night for me to check you out and I'm glad I did. :-) I'm over at barbieandpie.blogspot.com

    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thank you! :) ooooh thank you so much for popping over :) I will check out your blog now xxx

      Delete
  14. The colours of the lipsticks you got are gorgeous !

    And lady million smells sooo good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know?! I can't stop looking at them haha :$ oh ma gosh I know, it's my absolute fav :) xx

      Delete
  15. I've wanted to try Max Factors new lipsticks for a while now. All those lip butters look lovely! Love the smell of Million, it's my best's friends favourite scent :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh give them ago lovely! :) I love the lip butters too! ooooh is it?! It's my absolute fav now haha I can't stop sniffing it! :) thanks for the comment lovely xxx

      Delete
  16. i love the wake me up foundation too!i definitely need the other rimmel foundation now haha:)xxx

    sophiesayshi.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate and read every single one of my comments, check back too because I reply to every single one, I figure you took the time to write me a comment so I should take the time to reply! (although it sometimes takes me a few days) if you have any specific enquiries or want to reach me sooner with a question feel free to email me gemmabullock@icloud.com. Thank you so much for your support x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Gem Bullock
Blogger Templates made by pipdig