Wednesday 7 November 2012

MUA lipsticks


Hi Dolls,

Today's post is all about some of the MUA lipsticks, a lot of you may know that i've really been rating MUA over the last few months. MUA or Make Up Academy as it is also known offers such great products for hardly any money. The 3 lipsticks that I picked up from Super drug were only £1.00 each which is ridiculous value and i'm a massive fan of them all. The reason I like these lipsticks so much are because they're incredibly creamy and I feel like they're really moisturising on my lips, I am a fan of lipsticks like this simply because in the winter months I want to wear lip products that have that extra moisturiser in them. They go on really easy to my lips and are really easy to work with but perhaps the best thing about them is how extremely pigmented they are, as with all lipsticks you can get a very sheer coverage with these lipsticks if you only use a tiny amount of products but with 2 whole swipes of this product you will get an amazing and opaque coverage on your lips which is really good. I wouldn't say these were the best lipsticks i've ever tried in my life, but in all honesty they have one of the best formula's i've ever tried. I think another great thing about these lipsticks is the fact that they have quite a huge colour range, this is good for me because in the past I would stick to just buying baby pink lip colours but because these lipsticks are so cheap, I mean £1.00 that is ridiculously cheap! I feel like I can go and pick up a more 'out there' shade and try it out, if i don't like it then I know not to go and buy a shade equivalent from a more expensive brand like Mac. But these are honestly the best lipsticks I think you can find to wear everyday. They have a slight smell to them but to be honest I don't think it's overpowering and I couldn't really tell you exactly what they smell like, kind of vanilla like I would say. Also they are the perfect size to just pop in your handbag because they're really quite compact and seeming as they were only a pound the packaging of these lip products is fairly good as well. Another thing I would say about MUA lipsticks is the fact that they aren't completely matte, they come out nearly opaque in terms of colour pay off but they seem to have a slight sheen to them, nothing too over the top but just enough that you don't need to wear lipgloss with these products. Lasting time is fairly good though a fair few hours before needing to reapply them which is good for a product of this price point. I picked up 3 shades this time that I went to the Make up Academy counter firstly I got shade 7, shade 13 and shade 3.

The first one I picked up was Shade 7, this comes out of the tube much stronger and on the lips it seems to be a light coral colour, it comes out on the lips with much stronger orange undertones which I really like. This would be the absolute perfect colour for summer, it is such a strong colour and has a slight sheen to it but I would say it is the most matte of the shades I tried.

The next shade I picked up was Shade 13, this is a bright bright bright red, it is creamy and probably one of the more sheer colours out of the lipsticks I brought, I would say that this is a more wearable red because it doesn't come out completely matte and again has the sheen that I was talking about. 

The last colour I picked up was Shade 3, I am absolutely obsessed with this lipstick, I really really love it. This is a gorgeous bright pink colour, it's quite in your face, it reminds me of Mac's girl about town lipstick it's very out there but it works perfectly for my skin tone and makes my whole face pop. It's one of those colours you can wear and you will look instantly more put together It again has a slight sheen to it but not lots of sheen, it doesn't have any glitter or anything in it. And i've pretty much been wearing this lipstick every single day since I got it. I LOVE it. 


(Shade 7, Shade 13, Shade 3)


 (Me wearing Shade 3 lipstick, swatches of shade 7 and shade 3 lipsticks)

Hope you enjoyed this post
Have you checked out any MUA lipsticks?
Lots of love
Gem xxx
SHARE:

24 comments

  1. I hope I could find this make-up product in my country. I've been seeing this brand often on other bloggers as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww i hope so too, fingers crossed, actually I think they are offering free international shipping on their website at the moment so you might be able to see if they would send it to you! :) xx

      Delete
  2. Love the pink color! Looks amazing on you. :)

    www.rosehorseshoe.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww thank you marija! that's really lovely of you! xxx

      Delete
  3. I love your blog you posts are really good!

    http://butterflyfootsteps.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice colours. Where are these sold? Seen a lot of blogs on them but never actually found them on sale? Tesco/Boots/Superdrug etc?

    Lovely blog, I'm following you on GFC.
    Would love it if you checked mine out and maybe follow back if you like it?

    Stay in touch.

    http://beautytricks1.blogspot.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are sold at superdrug or on the MUA (Make up academy website) they're currently having 3 for 2 at superdrug I think, and 35% all products and free shipping on their website but it's crashed at the mo due to such popular interest!
      thank you for following my blog, i'll definitely check yours out very soon! xxxx

      Delete
  5. I love all these shades, the coral red one is my favorite :)

    -Ezi

    ikintoo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah i think the coral one is my favourite too, I don't own another lipstick quite like it!
      thank you! x

      Delete
  6. love the shades, great blog & you're so pretty!

    theistyleblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing color! I love your post and your blog! I follow you!
    If you want become my followe hear:
    www.apartoffashion.blogspot.com ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you hun :) And thanks very much for the follow and the link! Xxx

      Delete
  8. i love your blog its adorable! im going to have to try that lipstick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww thank you!!! :) that's lovely to hear, oooh do it, they really are amazing! Xx

      Delete
  9. I've been meaning to try more MUA products with them being so cheap and this has really made me more keen to try them. They look so nice as well, they're really not cheap looking. Great review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh yeah you should defo check them out, the packaging looks much more expensive than it is and the lipsticks inside are so much more pigmented and creamy then you would think as well! Really impressed, they have 35% off and free shopping on their website at the moment as well! :) xxx

      Delete
    2. Ooohh think I'll have to take a look :)

      Delete
    3. Haha do it, it's so cheap it's ridiculous, but also quite dangerous! Eeeek! They have loads of nail varnishes too cus I noticed they were your thing :) x

      Delete
  10. Hi just came across your blog!
    This is a great review, really informative. I've had a deep purple colour mua lipstick before and it lasted me quite well.
    For the price, you kinda get what you paid for don't you :) Can't complain there!

    If you have the time please check out my blog? :) It's a "baby" blog haha - i'm a beginner. If you enjoy, maybe give me a cheeky follow! I follow back.

    Lucy xx

    www.jaded-youth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. The face scrubs packaging is adorable, what a fun gift for the girls! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just randomly stumbled across your blog and can't get enough of it! I also love everything makeup and your blog is so informative! I run a lifestyle blog and would love it if you followed me as I follow you! Can't wait for you next post!

    emilyanncutillo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. MUA are definitely one of my favourite brands for lipsticks. I agree with the moisturising feel and for that price there's no excuse not to get them all! ;)


    http://heatheresweet.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate and read every single one of my comments, check back too because I reply to every single one, I figure you took the time to write me a comment so I should take the time to reply! (although it sometimes takes me a few days) if you have any specific enquiries or want to reach me sooner with a question feel free to email me gemmabullock@icloud.com. Thank you so much for your support x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Gem Bullock
Blogger Templates made by pipdig