Monday 28 January 2013

Boots Haul

 








 

Hi Dolls, Today I thought I would show you some bits and bobs I've been buying from Boots lately, a lot of know that I love Boots and could probably spend my whole day shopping in their and I picked up a fair few things last week that I thought I'd share for you all. I'm not going to do full reviews of any of the products just yet because I haven't trialled them for long enough but what I will do is give you my first impressions of some of the products I picked up!

The first thing I picked up was this gorgeous makeup bag, I think it's a really good buy, I have my Ikea Alex Drawers that I keep most of my makeup in but when I'm in a rush I just like to have all of my everyday essentials in one place just because it makes it easy and I don't have to root around all of the drawers. I thought this bag was really cute, it's part of the Boots Essential Range and is just called the makeup bag, it was only £2.00 which I think is a pretty good bargain and I love the pattern on it, it kind of reminds me of a Cath Kidson type with loads of flowers and stuff but without the hefty price tag. It's also great to store makeup in because it has a really cool plastic outer coating which means that I can wipe it clean when it gets dirty! I couldn't find this exact  one on the Boots website so I don't know if you can only pick this up in store but there is a similar type bag here just with a different pattern.

The next two things I picked up was some more foundation, I know I have bottles and bottles of the stuff, Boots were actually running an offer on some of their L'Oreal products where you could pick two products up for £15.00, the L'Oreal true match foundation and also the L'Oreal Lumi Magique Foundation were both in this offer so I thought I would pick them up and give them ago. It was actually a pretty good deal because together they both retail at about £11.00 each so i'm glad I picked those up. I've only tried the L'Oreal Lumi Magique foundation so far but from first impressions it works pretty well, wears quite nicely and gives me a good coverage, I'm not sure it leaves my face very 'aluminised' though. You can pick these up on the Boots website here and here.

The next thing I picked up was from Maybelline, I am a huge fan of Maybelline Mascara's, I think they offer the best Mascara's from the drugstore for the cheapest price and i'm a big fan of the Maybelline falsie's mascara as well as the Maybelline Colossal Mascara. So when I saw that Maybelline's new offering to the mascara world the 'Rocket Volume' was down too £5.99 as an introductory offer I thought I may as well pick it up. I think the packaging of this mascara is really cute and I love the blue because it makes it really stand out, the brush is also pretty great too, it's got a massive brush with plastic bristles and so far it's done really great things for my lashes and left them both lengthened and volumised. You can pick this up here.

The next thing I picked up was this Max factor compact which I really like, you may have seen me raving on here about the Mac Mineralise Skinfinish Natural and I really do love that powder but it seems to have run out so fast after I posted that review so i'm now saving it for day's when I want too look a bit nicer and so I decided to pick a powder up from Boots for everyday.
The one I decided to get was this Maxfactor was. The first thing I love about it is how compact it is, it's one of the perfect powders that you can just throw in your bag and use it to fix your makeup during the day. I've known about this powder for years and years, it's my mum's favourite powder and she uses this as her base every single day and I've always stole it off her because it gives amazing coverage and lasts really long! But I thought I would get my own so I could leave hers alone haha. This is just an amazing compact and actually has 5 star reviews on the Boots website which shows just how good it is. You can pick this up for £10.99 here and it's also buy one, get one half price on Max Factor right now.

The last thing I picked up were the new Apocalips that have just been released by Rimmel London, these were released last Wednesday and the Blogging world has gone pretty much crazy over these ever since. I picked up two shades the day they got released, I picked up 101 Celestial and the other shade is Apocoliptic. I love the formula of these products, it's like a lipstick in the form of a lipgloss but without the stickiness of a gloss, so I've been enjoying these so far. You can pick these up here for £5.99 each.
Hope you enjoyed this, let me know what you've been buying lately! xx

SHARE:

38 comments

  1. such a great haul.
    i need some apocalips in my life.

    im loving the look of that mascara wand, it's very lash blash-eque, how are you finding it?

    xoXo
    BreezeyBee Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you lovely! :) oooh definitely try out some apocalips, they're really good :) ooh yes! hmm I love the wand on the rocket but its a very wet consistency, normally I think the wetter the mascara is the better it works but this one is quite easy to smudge and is a bit too wet! I'm gonna give it a few days to dry out a bit and then I'll let you know what I think! It's not bad so far though :) xxx

      Delete
  2. I've just bought the true match, meant to buy the lumi magique but wasn't paying attention. I still really like it though aha! Please do a review on the Rocket mascara? I'm so on the fence over whether or not to buy it!

    I'm doing a giveaway on my blog, i'd love if you checked it out! (http://caperepulchra.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/giveaway-illamasqua-nyx-vivo.html)

    caperepulchra.blogspot.com xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha oh really? The bottles are pretty much the same! I think true match and lumi are pretty much the same foundation just lumi has aluminising properties haha! Yeah I'll definitely do one :) a few people have asked me about it now! I'll definitely check out your giveaway Hun :) thanks for the link! Xxx

      Delete
  3. I want to get the apocalips. I want celestial and another have forgot the shade. Great haul

    Kate @ sparkle dust xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah do it haha they seem to have taken the blogging world by storm! Thank you Kate! :) xxx

      Delete
  4. Great haul! I must must must pick up some of the apocalips! xo

    chloesway.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chloe :) yeah do it when you get the chance, I'm really liking them so far! :) xx

      Delete
  5. Mascara looks great :))

    Would you like to follow each other? :) My blog:http://bibischw.blogspot.sk/
    Let me know :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's got such cool packaging! Yeah I'll check your blog out ASAP! Xxx

      Delete
  6. I have that make-up bag too! Its bursting at the seams though and I can't do it up anymore! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha you do? it does fit a lot but I've managed to fill it up quite quickly! I love the design though and such a bargain too! Xx

      Delete
  7. Great haul :) x


    www.ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just got myself the Rocket Mascara ,its really good. I am addicted to mascara

    love your blog by the way
    xoxox
    judith

    http://greatlittlefinds.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh you have? Yeah I kinda like it! I think I've just got to get used to it! Oooh me too, my favourite! Love trying new ones! Aw thank you so much means a lot!! Xx

      Delete
  9. I love Apocalips. A total lipstick/gloss hybrid. Celestial is so pretty but really want to try some of the bolder shades.

    xo Nicola

    babblesaboutbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah you're exactly right! Such a good 2 in one product! Yeah I like celestial, was a nice safe option really want to try out bing bang! Xxx

      Delete
  10. I have been wanting to try out that mascara. I love the packaging.

    Beauty Makeup Addict

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh really? Loads of people seem to be loving it at the moment but I'm not too sure! Yeah the packaging is gorgeous though! Xx

      Delete
  11. Wow what a great haul! I've never seen this Maybelline mascara before- I don't think it has been released in Australia- same with Apocalips! I really want to try them out, can't wait until they are released here :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh really? Is Australia behind the Uk with beauty releases? I hate it when I see products coming out in America and can't get hold of them for a while haha! I'm sure you'll like them when you can finally get your hands on them! Xxx

      Delete
  12. You just can't beat a shiny new makeup bag can you?!

    Lea x

    It's Such A Wonderful Life -
    http://shebeginstosee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha you're completely right! Love it when it's all nice and tidy and clean! xxx

      Delete
  13. love your blog! followed :) xxx
    handpicked beauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Emma! I'll definitely check your blog out too! Xxxx

      Delete
  14. Love this post!! I've used that max factor compact before and thought it was amazing, I hope you like it too :)!

    X

    http://beautysimplicityandnails.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Elaine!! Oooh I love it :) such good coverage and really easy to travel with ad well! xxx

      Delete
  15. I really want to try True Match foundation by Loreal. I have heard so many great things about it x

    http://whatisinherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's quite nice actually :) looks really natural and not cakey on the skin which is a good thing! I'll try and do a full review but check it out if you get the chance :) xxx

      Delete
  16. love everything you purchased! x

    -Loretta
    www.heyitsloretta.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really want to try out the Apocalipse lip products! I wish they were sold in my country...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh do it if you get a chance :( oh god hopefully they get released their soon! xxx

      Delete
  18. I used to use true match all the time great colour range! I'm in love with the makeup bad super cute cath kidson like!
    Hannah :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh you did?:) I'm a massive fan of it so far, it's nice to have a foundation that fits paler skin tones! :) yaaaay me too! Cath kidson on a budget ;) whaaaay! Xx

      Delete

I really appreciate and read every single one of my comments, check back too because I reply to every single one, I figure you took the time to write me a comment so I should take the time to reply! (although it sometimes takes me a few days) if you have any specific enquiries or want to reach me sooner with a question feel free to email me gemmabullock@icloud.com. Thank you so much for your support x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Gem Bullock
Blogger Templates made by pipdig