Thursday 24 January 2013

My Favourite Lipsticks

 
Primark Red, MUA Shade 13, MUA Shade 7, Kate Moss Lipstick Shade 101, L'Oreal 325  , Kate Moss Lipstick Shade 20, Topshop 'Innocence', MUA Shade 3, Mac Outrageously Fun, Kate Moss Shade 19, MUA Shade 4, Mac Angel, Kate Moss shade 1, Primark Pink.
 







Hi everyone, today's post is a bit pic heavy but I thought I would show you my favourite lipsticks, these are my most worn lipsticks and the ones that I find have a good formula, good colour pay off or are overall just a really nice shade. There are 14 lipsticks that i'm showing you, all different formula's and colours and price ranges going from £1.00 right up to £14.00. Until I joined the blogging community I wasn't a massive fan of lipsticks in all honesty, I found them really hard to apply and wear and they were oftent he step that I skipped when doing my makeup in the morning because I just thought it was more of a 'night-out' thing and I could potentially look too dressed up wearing a lipstick during the day. How wrong I was?! Now I think lipsticks are my favourite makeup product to buy and try out, I love them, they're are so many shades and some really compliment your skin tone and make your makeup look glamourous and put together, so for that I thank the blogging world. Anyway, i'm going to try not to ramble too much and just get on with the post, if you want any individual reviews of any of the lipsticks featured let me know, although i'll try to make sure that I add links to posts I've previously done on most of them.
 
The first lipstick I love is this bright red lipstick, I love the packaging, pink polka dots are really nice and this lipstick is really creamy, I actually picked this lipstick up from Primark and it's one of the lipsticks within their makeup range, it was only one pound and one and an impulse purchase at the till  but this began my love affair with red lipsticks, I felt that this let me try them out and they're quite good quality for the price, not as nice as the MUA one's but still pretty good, this is a very individual shade too, it looks very dark in the tube but when swatched it is actually quite bright.
 
The next lipstick that I love is the MUA lipstick in shade 13, this was also a pound & I love it, the MUA formula's are amazing, they can be built up or worn sheer and they are really creamy and moisturising on the lips. They have a strong vanilla type smell which i'm not a fan off but they wear amazingly on the lips, they're so cheap at a £1.00 piece, the packaging is sleek and cute and they're a great quality. This red lipstick has a strong coral undertone which makes it great if you want to go red but not for a bright red that can sometimes look overpowering. It's been featured in an individual review on my blog here.
 
The next lipstick is again a MUA lipstick (told you I love them) & this is in shade 7, this was my first corally lipstick and I actually quite like it, if you want to wear something that isn't pink or red and a lot more nude and simple on the lips then this is the perfect lipstick, it adds a sheer amount of coral without being an overpowering orange. Again has been featured in a blog post here.
 
The next lipstick that I love is the Kate Moss lipsticks from Rimmel London, they are amazing and you'll see several featured within this post because they're great quality and are a good price because you can pick them up at Boots. This is the shade 101, it is a gorgeous milky pink and probably one of my favourites, it's so wearable, creamy and easy to wear whatever makeup look you decide to go with & they last well too. This colour is one that would suit most skin tones and work for everyone. You can find a earlier review of this product on my blog here.
 
The next is this L'Oreal lipstick number 325, this is such a cool colour, it's a strong wash of colour and is almost vampy, it's a berry that comes out with purple undertones when swatched. It has a small amount of micro glitter which means that it is much more suitable for evening wear, I think this is quite a daring lipstick, so better for evenings overall.

The next lipstick is another one from the Kate Moss lipsticks for Rimmel, it's actually number 20 told you I was a massive fan, this is one of my fav's it is a bright hot pink, I just really like this because it's a really strong colour that's really out there and gives your face that perfect pop of colour that you need. You can read more here.
 
The next lipstick featured is from another favourite brand, I actually only own 1 Topshop lipstick (I know! Shock horror) it's not that I don't love it, because I really do, the formula is so impressive for the price and in all fairness they give the likes of Mac and high end brands a run for their money but there isn't a Topshop near by me so I have to order online which is a bit of a pain if all I want is a lipstick. This particular shade is Innocence, I really enjoy it, it's a nice milky pink, it's actually got quite a similar tone to Mac Angel which is my favourite lipstick of all time and it's one of those colours that is like your lips but better, the packaging is also gorgeous with Topshop lipsticks.
 
The next lipstick is again another love from the Makeup Academy or MUA range, this is another bright pink colour, it is shade 3 and I would say it's less brighter and a tad darker than the Kate Moss lipstick I own, but of a similar tone, I like it because MUA have a slightly sheerer and creamy formula that can be more wearable if you just want to add a slight bit of colour without going all out for the day but it can also be built up for a more opaque coverage. Individual review on my blog can be found here.
 
The next favourite lipstick could definitely be put in my top 3 favourite lipsticks of all time, I won't go into too much detail about it because I did a review only about a week ago here. But this is Outrageously Fun by Mac, it's a gorgeous Magenta pink that is literally just stunning, it's a crème sheen too and it's just lovely, really adds a pretty pop of colour! Fairly pricey but amazing!
 
Next is another Kate Moss Lipstick in shade 19, it's a nudey brown colour, this is a lipstick that either works some days or doesn't work other days and I find that if I put it on on the right day it is stunning and looks really simple but effortlessly beautiful. More information here.
 
The next lipstick you can see has had quite a lot of use, it's shade 4 by MUA it's a bright but light pink, it's not too pigmented, it's very sheer and just works as a quick wash of colour for everyday so it's just perfect.
 
Next is a lipstick that needs no description it's Mac Angel, it's my favourite lipstick in the whole entire world, its creamy, smells nice and is the most gorgeous pink in the world. I think i'll be repurchasing this lipstick forever, there's not been a day since I got it that I haven't worn it, I love it! Read more here.
 
The next is a bright, brick red from the Kate for Rimmel Collection (more info here), it's just a stand out colour in my favourite formula, it's great because it's very British and a classic "London" Colour and it just works, I like wearing this when I want a stand out red.
 
Last is another Primark, lipstick, this is just a light pink one, there's nothing really special about it but it does work for those days where you just want some colour and it's so cheap that it's nice to have in your collection.
 
Sorry for the massive post! Let me know what you're favourite colours are! xx
 
 
SHARE:

29 comments

  1. Great post :D i see lots of lovely Pinks shades ;) pink is my ultimate favorite lip shade :D

    http://sophiameola.blogspot.co.uk/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww thank you hun! :) haha I wasn't sure if everyone would hate me for writing such a bloomin'long post haha! Yeah pinks are defo the best ;) just can't stop buying more! My fav too :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You picked some great colours lovely :) <3

    Lots of love India x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks India :) haha I hope so took me ages haha, hope you're all good :) lots of lovin back to you too! :) xxxx

      Delete
  4. Great colours, my fav has to be the L'Oreal 325 such a pretty colour!

    http://filthyfashi0n.blogspot.co.uk/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! :) & I know it's gorgeous! So individual and different too any other shades I've seen! Xxx

      Delete
  5. Great post! I love detailed posts like this :) xo

    chloesway.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Chloe! :) that's so nice of you haha glad you enjoy them and I'm not just rambling on to myself! Just followed your blog and love it!! :) xxxx

      Delete
  6. Nice post. Very detailed! Which is good :)
    Most of the shades I would wear. I always seem to go for pinks on my lips.
    Have a good weekend :) xx

    www.cosmeticallycreative.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Lily :) hope it didn't bore you too much! Yeah I love pinks too, they're my fav just got a few reds and corals to spice it up a bit! :) thank you, hope you do too! xxx

      Delete
  7. Outrageously fun by mac looks well, so fun!! Nice post, you have a lotta lipsticks xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thank you Em! It's defo very fun! haha thank you, I know :$ obsessed! xxx

      Delete
  8. OMG what an amazing array of gorgeous colours!!! My friend popped me over to your blog and now following... would love if you could check out mine too xx

    http://jaynemaree.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thank you Jayne! awww that's so nice :) yeah of course! xxx

      Delete
  9. Wow you have a ton of lipsticks, I have the Rimmel Kate Moss lipsticks too they're so nice x

    http://zahraakhan.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I have too many really :$ oooh I know massive fan of those, they're so good! xxx

      Delete
  10. Hi. Only just discovered your blog, but I'm already liking it! :)
    Wow that is a lot of lipstick! My kind of girl! :) Interesting about Topshop lipstick- I might have to go have a nosey at them :)
    xxx
    http://heroineinheels.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hii! Aww thank you Laura! :)
      hahaha i'm glad about that! yeah do it :) xxx

      Delete
  11. Looks very good)))

    xoxo Lucky Child

    Follow ME on:

    http://luckysweeeetchild.blogspot.ru/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the Kate Moss lipsticks! Great post :)

    Sarah x

    Http://simplybeautyandnails.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Sarah! :) I know I really love them too! xxx

      Delete
  13. Wowzers great collection, I've only recently got into lipsticks but love the Kate Moss ones, spesh the Matte ones ;)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks kylie! Ahh I know the Kate moss lipsticks were the first set of lipsticks that really good me experimenting so I hope they do the same for you! :) x

      Delete
  14. omg , your lipsticks are AMAZING! so jelous , Im your new follower :)x

    http://beellamode.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you Ella!! :) don't be jel haha! Aww thanks will defo check your blog out ASAP! Xx

      Delete
  15. anjkfmfhjakanfkjnm jknhkjan df km kjbhj bsdf shb nhjksadnflkmkfjdb kjb asnfd m, nsvfn dshjknm ckjn vkfduijr4flmsnakfmnsaio4rmfs oaisjfdncjdsnfi9n ceojcm xl

    ReplyDelete
  16. hey just read a good few of your posts i love how detailed they are and i LOVE the topshop lipstick shade.
    it would be great if you could have a wee look at my page i have only just started out but im hoping to stay inspired and for it to grow.
    http://claireefairee.blogspot.co.uk/

    thanks i will be sure to follow to keep up to date with your new posts
    Love ClaireeFairee ♥

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love lipstick and anything that helps me find some new brands to try is great. Thank you for a really helpful post! :)


    http://heatheresweet.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate and read every single one of my comments, check back too because I reply to every single one, I figure you took the time to write me a comment so I should take the time to reply! (although it sometimes takes me a few days) if you have any specific enquiries or want to reach me sooner with a question feel free to email me gemmabullock@icloud.com. Thank you so much for your support x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Gem Bullock
Blogger Templates made by pipdig