Sunday 13 January 2013

Topshop Crescent Moon Highlighter







 
 



 
 
Topshop Crescent Moon Highlighter - £10.00
 
Hi everyone, about two months ago or more there was a massive amount of bloggers beginning to buy the Topshop Crescent Moon highlighter (thanks too Kayleigh from Couture girl, if you don't follow her already go and check out her blog here) I saw lots of people raving about it and decided to pick it up along with a lipstick, these were actually the first two products that I tried out from the Topshop range and I was so impressed.
I've never really been someone who can get on with highlighting products and in all fairness their not really something that I'm overly interested in, on my oily skin they just seem to make me look like a glittering, shining mess and I don't really think that's a good look. But I do love this highlighter, this product is so soft and one tiny swipe presents you with amazing pigmentation which means this product will last you forever, literally, I don't think i'll ever finish it. Not only is the product soft and amazingly pigmented I also love the fact that this isn't a really glittery powder, it's just a powder with a really nice sheen so when I apply it to my cheekbones it doesn't look glittery and shiny but when it hits the light it looks amazing, super natural but really does help to make my features stand out and that's why I love it. It's a lovely golden /peachy colour that compliments my skin tone perfectly & I think this looks amaze for a night out when you want to take your makeup 'up' a step. It's also great for adding another dimension to your makeup & it makes your makeup look more professionally done which is always a good thing!
The packaging with this product is lovely too, it's good quality and very sturdy so it's defo travel friendly and I think it's a really cute addition to your makeup bag because the stars on the packaging are just lovely, I do with this had a mirror though but that's not really a biggy.
It's beautiful and I think it's a really good option for a high street or drugstore highlighter as opposed to the most famous highlighters such as Benefit's moon beam or one of the mineralised Skinfinishes from Mac. Really recommend this if you're in the market for a new highlighter! xxx
 
SHARE:

26 comments

  1. Hi I just found your blog and I am so glad I did!
    Your blog is so amazing and I love this post! These are such amazing photos and i cannot wait to read your next post
    I just followed your blog and would appreciate if you could do the same back!
    have a great day!

    The Green Raybans
    http://thegreenraybans.blogspot.com
    Twitter: Green_Raybans98
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Green-Raybans/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Awww thank you so much, what a lovely thing to say, so sweet! :) of course i'll check out your blog xxx

      Delete
  2. I love the Topshop highlighters! I have the 'Sunbeam' one and use it on a daily basis! It gives just the right amount of shimmer without making your face look like a glitterbomb!

    www.fashionandbeautyrelated.com

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww me too, oooh really? is sunbeam much different to crescent moon? I think I heard it was more yellow toned? yeah! that's what I love about them so much, hate looking glittery haha! thanks Katie xx

      Delete
  3. I Work at Topshop and always have a little play with the makeup. You're right, this really is the most pigmented product I think I've ever seen. I wish I could use a highlighter like this bit I just can't use glitter on my face as it isn't natural. I can imagine tis works great though of you use it right!

    Did you know that MAC make Topshop makeup? A fact I found out when I started working there!

    www.SamuelJamesMorris.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh you do? i'm well jel, what a cool place to work haha I would be playing with the makeup all day! I know, it's crazy pigmented one swipe gives you so much product! Yeah I know what you mean, I had such a problem with using highlighter on my face for such a long time I just didn't know why people wanted to put glitter on my face, yeah I think this works great on good skin days but if I use it on the wrong day or use too much and don't blend it I don't really like the effect I get!
      WHAAAAAT?! totally didn't know mac made Topshop makeup! Probably why it's such good quality, that's such a cool fact! xxx

      Delete
  4. Hey, I am writing this on here because I couldn't find anywhere else. I have just come across your blog and I want to say I love it and I have read nearly every post without stopping.
    Member <3 I was wondering if you will do the same for me? member for a member? xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hiii! awww that's alright, thank you so much :) such a lovely thing to say! xxx

      Delete
  5. Beautiful effect and beautiful packaging xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Im looking for a new highlighter so this post was very useful, thank you :)
    Just a quick message to say i've tagged you in my latest post: tag, i'm it
    xo

    student-stylexo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww that's alright :) glad you enjoyed it and it was helpful, how nice!
      oooh thank you very much, i'll defo check it out xxx

      Delete
  7. the packaging is just too cute. lovely review, let's follow each other! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really want to try this! My friend also has it and raves about it.
    I love your blog, and i'm a new follower can't wait to read more posts!
    Rachael x

    beautyin1place.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooooh she does?! yeah defo check it out if you can find it, not sure they still sell it because I couldn't find it on the Topshop website :( but I know they still do sunbeam and I've heard that's similar!
      awww thank you so much Rachael! xxxx

      Delete
  9. It looks like a nice product !
    Your blog is lovely !
    xManon

    Will you please check out my blog sometime? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you manon! of course i'll check it out lovely :) xxx

      Delete
  10. I really want to try this! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww thank you Lucia :) that's such a nice thing for you too say! Yeah that sounds good, I like your blog alot! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. this looks like a gorgeous highlighter!

    http://thisgirlloveschic.blogspot.co.uk/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww :) it is! Really like it, thank you for the link! X

      Delete
  13. Been meaning to try this highlighter for ages, looks lovely!:)

    www.thebeautymist.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the look of this!
    http://golddustk.blogspot.co.uk/
    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hate the shine of the more expensive highlighters, this looks like a good option if its less shimmery :) not a bad price either! www.bagsbowsandboots.com

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate and read every single one of my comments, check back too because I reply to every single one, I figure you took the time to write me a comment so I should take the time to reply! (although it sometimes takes me a few days) if you have any specific enquiries or want to reach me sooner with a question feel free to email me gemmabullock@icloud.com. Thank you so much for your support x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Gem Bullock
Blogger Templates made by pipdig