Sunday 6 January 2013

Real Techniques Brush Review



 



 



Real Techniques Core Collection/ Stippling Brush/ Powder Brush and Blush Brush

Hi everyone, hope you're all okay, I've been really ill over the last 24 hours so I've had a day in bed watching gossip girl & catching up on some blogging. A few days ago I posted my 2012 favourite products post and today I thought I would expand on that a little bit. I think out of all of the products and different things I discovered in 2012 my favourite would be the Real Techniques Brush collection, they have completely changed the way I apply my makeup and how my makeup looks and they are the greatest discovery of 2012 for me for sure. I'm not going to go on too much about these brushes because if you haven't heard of them i'm guessing you've been living on mars or something because these brushes have literally taken over the blogging world by storm, I have honestly never seen anybody say anything bad or negative about these brushes and they just seem to be a cult favourite for everyone and I can completely understand why.

I think the main reason for the massive success of this line of makeup brushes is the fact that they were created by Samantha Chapman, for any of you who don't know Sam is one part of 'Pixiwoo' which is a extremely famous you tube channel, Sam and her sister have made hundreds of makeup tutorials and are both pro makeup artists as well as beauty bloggers. So many people watch them on their channel and they have detailed tutorials on how to use every single one of their brushes. Plus Sam has had so much experience with using makeup brushes and therefore knows what makes a good makeup brush and that's why they are so good! Another great thing about these brushes is how inexpensive they are, when you think that normally good quality makeup brushes from Mac come in at £30-£40 per brush it makes these looks like an absolute bargain with the majority of these brushes coming in at under the £10 mark.

I have built up quite a collection of these brushes, the love affair started when I purchased the Stippling Brush at the beginning of the year, I couldn't believe how airbrushed my foundation looked when I used this brush and it fast became the first thing I would grab for in the mornings. The stippling brush is great because it's really densely packed and therefore can really press the foundation into your face, this brush is also perfect for cream blush. The second brush I purchased a fair few months later and that was the Powder Brush, this is seriously the softest brush I have ever felt it is heaven and I think I actually gave it it's own review on here a few months ago. I do think that sometimes it can be a little too big for my face but for a quick dusting of powder it's still really good. The next set of brushes I got for Christmas from my lovely mum, she got me the 'Core Collection' of brushes which contains the Buffing Brush, the Contour Brush, the Pointed foundation brush and also the detailer brush (not photographed). My favourite out of this set is definitely the Buffing brush, it is a-maaaaazing, the whole reason i wanted to try this set in the first place was because everybody raved about the buffing brush and said it was one of the best brushes for foundation and base application, everyone was right, it's the perfect size and shape and just does all the work for you, if I had too choose one brush from the range this would be it, I love it. The contour brush is also a fav of mine you can easily contour the cheekbones with this and I also use it to apply my highlighter. The pointed foundation brush is fairly small and I wouldn't suggest using it for foundation application just because it would take too long but it is great at applying concealer because it's small enough to get round the nose and under the eyes. The last brush I actually picked up yesterday it's the blush brush, I used it yesterday for the first time and it's really soft and seemed to pick up the right amount of product so I like that a lot too from first impressions.

I just love these brushes, I think nearly everybody does. They are so different to most of the brushes on the market and much more affordable too. They are lightweight due to them being made of aluminium and are also made with synthetic Taklon bristles so are therefore cruely free and I love the fact that they can stand up by themselves.  They are just great brushes for the money & a true 2012 fav of mine. What do you think of the RT brushes?




SHARE:

36 comments

  1. I ordered my first real techniques brush which is the stippling brush the other day :)
    I got it delivered to my mums address rather than my own though so I have to wait to use it!! So upsetting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww really?! I can nearly guarantee that you'll love it! They're so good & unique! oooh man that's a huge bummer that you have too wait though! Xxx

      Delete
  2. I keep hearing so much about these brushes, definitely going to try them out!

    I nominated you for the Liebster Award! Check out the link :)

    http://www.samueljamesmorris.com/2013/01/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah you'll love them Sam! I can promise ya! Awww thank you for that :) you're a star! Xxx

      Delete
  3. I absolutely adore these brushes! My favourite has to be the Expert Face Brush! So good for blending and buffing in liquid foundation!

    www.fashionandbeautyrelated.blogspot.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh really? I really want to try that and the kabuki brush next so I might have to make a purchase! I heard the expert face brush was bettter at applying foundation than the buffing brush but I wasn't too sure! I guess I'll have to give them both a go! Xxx

      Delete
  4. Hei! I just found your blog and it is amazing!

    I am following your blog and I hope you will follow mine too!

    xoxo,
    Ana V

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Real Techniques brushes. I may invest in another set of each so I'll always have a clean set handy!
    I nominated you for an award...
    http://champagnelifestyleonalemonadebudget.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/the-liebster-award.html
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha I was thinking that too! I'm lost when I'm waiting for mine to dry! Thank you so much for the award & follow :) xxx

      Delete
  6. These brushes are so high quality! My favorites are the powder and buffing brush xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!! It's actually unbelievable how good they are for the price! Yeah I think the buffing brush and powder brush are my fav too! Xxxx

      Delete
  7. I think you're right saying that these brushes are so successful because they were designed by Sam Chapman but I also think they are this famous because the brush design is totally different than other brushes.. and the prices are out of question!
    Love love these brushes :)
    xx
    http://holaflo.blogspot.com.ar/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah actually, I think you're right, these brushes are much more unique that anything on the market so that could be why everyone loves them so much! Good point & thank you :) xxx

      Delete
  8. I ADORE these brushes! :) I love the blush brush for blusher and bronzer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! soooo amazing, oooh really? I sometimes think the blush brush is a little bit too big for blusher, but that's just personal preference, love it for bronzer though! x

      Delete
  9. I love this blog post.

    Stop by my blog soon and say Hi: http://victoria-emma.blogspot.co.uk/

    Xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you hun!
      yeah i'll defo check out your blog! xx

      Delete
  10. Great post, I have been using a MAC foundation brush 190se, not liking it though I love a fuller brush for foundation. Any suggestions ? these seem like lovely brushes.
    Am a new blogger myself maybe if you have a min u could check out my blog, xoxo
    Judith

    http://greatlittlefinds.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! oooh really? I wanted to try out the 190 but I thought it might be quite a lot of effort to work with! the buffing brush from the real techniques is amazing if you want a quick application & amazing coverage, pretty full brush too! :) will do & thank you xx

      Delete
  11. Just love this post!! I adore Real Techniques' brushes and my love affair with them, too, started with the Stippling brush! Makes your foundation go on sooo well- I totally agree with you. I really want to get the contour brush! Thanks for your post!

    Catherine xo

    http://www.CandyxCosmetics.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you, whaaaay stippling brush is such a great choice & really gets you started with the collection. Contour brush is ace, sure you'll love it! xx

      Delete
  12. I love these brushes!! Is it sad that I have multiples of a few of them? Great post, I'm a new follower :)

    xo Abbey

    abbeylovesallure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. woo me too1 haha no, I was thinking of get some multiples for when mine are being washed, you can never have too many brushes ;) thank you!! xxx

      Delete
  13. i need some new brushes in my life

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cool Blog.:)

    Maybe you want to follow my blog likethewayidoit.blogspot.com ? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you & yeah i'll make sure to check your blog out! x

      Delete
  15. hi dear
    I like your blog and I'm your new follower
    pls follow my blog too,
    twitter : duygu_senyurek
    instagram : duygusenyurek
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  16. I recently received the core collection and was a bit baffled by what to use with what brush. They are all so versatile but I'm just loving how my make up applies.

    Lindsey. x
    www.elegant-chaos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! they have so many different uses that it can get a bit confusing trying to decide what to use each one for! yeeah me too :) soo good! xx

      Delete
  17. Ive been wanting to get these brushes for so long but keep forgetting!! great review and pics :) www.cherrytruth2.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm debating whether to get the blush brush or the powder brush for applying bronzer or blush.

    Also which do you use for foundation now, the stippling or buffing?

    Thanks :)

    www.themakeupdirectory.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate and read every single one of my comments, check back too because I reply to every single one, I figure you took the time to write me a comment so I should take the time to reply! (although it sometimes takes me a few days) if you have any specific enquiries or want to reach me sooner with a question feel free to email me gemmabullock@icloud.com. Thank you so much for your support x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Gem Bullock
Blogger Templates made by pipdig