Tuesday 15 January 2013

New Loves - Mac Angel & Outrageously Fun











Mac Lipsticks - Angel (
here) & Outrageously Fun (Glamour daze col/limited edition) - £14.50 - £15.50

Hi everyone, before I get on to tonight's post about these gorgeous mac lipsticks I just wanted to update you on some things. Gem's beauty now has it's own twitter account so that I can contact you guys more easily & also get in touch with other bloggers and join in with things like the beauty bloggers chat or (bbloggers) and I can also broadcast my new posts on their too! So i'm hoping this will bring better things more for my blog, anyway if any of you fancy following me or tweeting me you can do so @gemsbeauty93! Also I just wanted to thank you all for your continued support, i'm now only 2 followers away from 200 and although that might seem like nothing too some people it means a huge amount to me and i'm so amazed that even one person would bother to read my blog so 200 seems crazy and i'm nearly at 10,000 page views too so that's just the cherry on the cake, so thank you all! Anyway I've rambled enough for a life time so lets get on to the post...

Up until about the 20th of December i'd never actually owned a Mac lipstick (shocking I know!) don't get me wrong I knew a lot about them and would love reading blog posts and seeing all the beautiful colours but I just couldn't really justify spending £14.50 on a lipstick when i'm not a massive lipstick wearer and didn't even know if they were going to be any good! Plus, the nearest Mac store to me is in Birmingham which is over an hours slog on the train and to be honest when I visited last time the staff were quite rude so I gave up! Any how my boyfriend got me a set of the Mac lipglosses from the Glamour Daze collection at the start of December and I loved them, they smelt amazing, were so creamy and looked amazing so that gave me the motivation to finally go ahead and grab myself a lipstick.

The lipstick I decided to order was Outrageously Fun from the Glamour Daze collection, I ordered it as a cheeky Christmas present to myself and it arrived a few days before Christmas. It is the most fun lipstick ever, the name fits it perfectly, it's such a loud and out there lipstick but also surprisingly wearable, it's a bright, hot magenta pink and I just love it, I think it really makes your makeup look more sophisticated and it's just such a great lipstick, it actually looks like it even has a lilacy shade to it, I just think it's fab, I wore it all over Christmas to Christmas party's and again on New years and it's become my top choice for lipstick for a night out. I think one reason why I love this lipstick so much is the formula, I cannot explain to you how nice this feels on the lips unless you've already tried a mac cremesheen and then you'll understand completely, they are so creamy and moisturising and because of the formula this lipstick can be applied lightly for a quick slick of colour or built up to be really intense and vibrant. The smell of this lipstick is amazing too, it smells like a mix between vanilla and chocolate and when i'm not applying it I've constantly got my nose in the tube (haha that sounds well weird!) this is seriously a top pick for me. I also love that the packaging's a bit different to the bog standard mac bullet, because it was from the Glamour Daze Holiday Collection I had to pay an extra £1.00 to have the slightly different packaging which I think is kind of cheeky of Mac but hey ho, I do like the shiny black packaging I think it's very sleek. Anyway I love this lipstick if you can't tell and for those of you who might want to try it I have seen a few on ebay otherwise from swatches I've seen Candy Yum Yum is a similar sort of shade, just with more pink running through it, don't quote me on that though because I don't actually own it!


The second lipstick I received for Christmas from my boyfriend, he got me Mac Angel after hearing me harping on and on about it for months and months, apparently it's the lipstick that Kim Kardash herself chooses to wear and that sold it on me completely. In all honesty when I first got it and opened it up I was slightly disappointed by it, it seemed to have a strong warm undertone running through it and was more nude that I expected in the bullet. All I could think was that it would look horrible and make me look quite dead because i'm quite pale but as soon as I applied it that all went out of the window, it is a gorgeous frosted, milky, pink which is perfect for every day wear, it looks amazing no matter what makeup you're wearing and helps you too look way more put together. Since I got this I've worn it every single day without fail and you can tell by the pictures that I've gotten through it quite a bit, when people say that this is a staple mac lipstick I couldn't agree more it's just so flattering and so easy to wear with so many makeup looks. I would 100% recommend this and if you're just starting out with Mac lipsticks then you need this one, seriously it's soooo good. The only thing I would say about this one is that the formula a frost is slightly more drying on the lips compared to the crèmesheen, I don't think that this is a lipstick you need to apply a lip balm under or a lipstick that is going to dry your lips out but I just don't think it is as creamy or moisturising as the crèmesheen and it also doesn't smell as nice either, it still has a vanilla like scent but it's not as strong.

All in all I would definitely recommend these lipsticks, if you were like me and scared to try Mac lipsticks than don't be, take the plunge I can promise you that when you go Mac you will never go back! I never even used to wear lipsticks on a everyday basis and hardly ever to go out but these lipsticks really have changed it for me. If I was going to recommend one product this month it would be Mac angel lipstick, I can't even explain my love! Anyway I hope you all have a lovely week & i'll speak to you soon, what's your favourite Mac lipstick? xxx

SHARE:

48 comments

  1. Angel is my no.1 favourite lipstick ever! been using it for like 5 years!xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh really? Haha I love it so much! I think I'll still be using it in 5 years time, can't believe it took me so long to discover it! Xxx

      Delete
  2. I need to get Angel! I've heard so much about it!:O xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha do it do it! I can't believe how obsessed I am with it! Xxx

      Delete
  3. Oh wow, these are both gorgeous but Outrageously Fun is one I haven't seen around before, it's amazing!
    Xxx

    Www.thebeautybelle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I hadn't seen much of it around either but I'm so glad I got it, such a gorgeous colour :) thank you hun! Xxx

      Delete
  4. love outrageously fun! never seen it before or heard of it so it was lovely seeing it here!

    http://therawrdrobe.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks lovely :) I don't think many people heard about it, such a shame that it was limited edition! can be so annoying sometimes! xxx

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous colours!
    I nominated you for a Leibster award, http://lovefromsammie.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/ive-got-award.html xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sammie :) and thank you for the nomination that's so sweet of you!! Xxx

      Delete
  6. I love the colours.... I don't own any Mac lipstick but I feel I NEED to now xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely :) oooh do it ;) be brave like me and take the plunge, promise you'll be addicted though so beware haha! Xx

      Delete
  7. oh i love mac :)
    i prefer the color "angel"

    follow you now via gfc an bloglovin

    greetings :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too, there products are amazing :) I get so much wear out of angel! thanks for the follows lovely :) x

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Thanks Andy! Me too :) I think everyone loves mac! X

      Delete
  9. Ahh outragiously fun looks amazing! i'm a sucker for pick lip shades :D

    http://sophiameola.blogspot.co.uk/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks Sophia! Me too! I can't get enough! Feel like I have to have them all :$ thank you for the follow! Xx

      Delete
  10. Outragiously fun looks so amazing, I love that colour!!!
    Thanks for following on twitter, I am now following you on here!

    emilyemilybeth.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww it is :D I love it!!! So nice, which it was permanent! Thank you lovely! :) x

      Delete
  11. both are such gorgeous colours!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Die zwei Farbe sehen sehr schön aus, liebe ich.
      Dein blog ist praktisch!!!

      Viola
      http://wunderbarkleider.blogspot.com/
      Lustig gegenseitig verfolgen? :D

      Delete
  12. amazing colours ! my best is the darker one
    giveaway on my blog - voucher $80
    littleconfusionblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love outrageously fun too, such a cool colour :)
      thanks for the link hun x

      Delete
  13. I love your blog, I have nominated you for the Liebster Award. Check out my blog for info- alicemaydear.blogspot.co.uk

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you hun! :) that's soooo lovely of you! xxxxx

      Delete
  14. Loving the bright pink lippy! This is going to be my next mac purchase!!

    harrietdaisy.blogspot.com

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww thanks harriet, it's amazing! :) you won't regret it xxx

      Delete
  15. These two shades look gorgeous! Very versatile for everyday.

    Lindsey. x
    www.elegant-chaos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah they are :) ones the perfect nude and ones the perfect pop of colour!
      thank you hun x

      Delete
  16. love! like the lighter one a bit better i think but both gorge colours!! <3


    http://stylingbyjong.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  17. aww thank you ana, that's such a lovely thing to say :) yeah of course hun! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Blog is amazing! loving it, just followed :):)

    Cremesheens are so soft and feel lovely, hope you enjoy your new lipsticks!

    Check out my blog if you have chance x

    http://ceeonbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    CC xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Caitlin! :) and thanks for the follow,
      I know, i'm so in love with cremesheens! sooo amazing!
      thanks hun, i'm loving them so far :)
      will check your blog out asap! xxx

      Delete
  19. Ooh i sooooo want to try angel!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it hun! You'll love it I'm sure :) xxx

      Delete
  20. Hey love your posts! Would love to chat to you about Make-Up at some point so please hit me up when youre free!

    New follower
    Love G X

    www.learningwithlipstick.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Georgia! Yeah I'll defo follow you back :) x

      Delete
  21. These colours are gorgeous. I only have 3 Mac lipsticks but I want so many! Going to treat myself after my no buy I think :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you, they are gorgeous! Yeah I want to buy some more too :( just the price that's the problem! Yeah treat yourself, you'll have saved loads I bet :) xxx

      Delete
  22. I really want one now!!! That Outrageously fun one is especially gorgeous!
    Rosy x
    www.rostinted.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww do it! You'll love them hun :) treat yourself haha! Yeah it's soo gorgeous! I could just stare at it! X

      Delete

I really appreciate and read every single one of my comments, check back too because I reply to every single one, I figure you took the time to write me a comment so I should take the time to reply! (although it sometimes takes me a few days) if you have any specific enquiries or want to reach me sooner with a question feel free to email me gemmabullock@icloud.com. Thank you so much for your support x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Gem Bullock
Blogger Templates made by pipdig