Thursday 31 January 2013

January Favorites













Monthly Favorites - Angelica Nail Polish, Lancome Mascara, Juicy Couture Perfume, Elf blush and bronzing duo, Rimmel Wake me up foundation, Simple Cleanser, Topshop Innocence, Mac Angel, Naked 2 and Mac MSF natural.

Hi! Today I thought i'd share with you all my January Favorites, this is just a round up off all the products i've been loving in January. I can't believe January is over already! It doesn't seem like 5 minutes since Christmas - crazy times. Anyway before I get on with it I just wanted to say thank you for all the support this month, I hope my blog can continue with this success next month too.
First for my favorites this month is the gorgeous blue Angelica glitter nail polish, they are a nail varnish brand that sell their polishes at Primark for £2.50 or on their website, I won't ramble too much about it because you can read a whole post dedicated to it here but it's just a really gorgeous nail polish which gives pretty opaque coverage and is great quality for the small price tag.
Secondly we have the Lancome Hypnose Star Mascara, I reviewed this in the last post on my blog after falling in love with it when I received it for Christmas. It creates a huge amount of length and holds the curl of my lashes and really does make them look like 'hollywood lashes' which was the idea behind the ad campaign, you can read more information here.
The third thing I've been loving this month is the Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy Perfume, (more information here) I recieved this as a gift at the very start of December for my birthday and i've been loving wearing it, it is a very strong scent and therefore a little bit goes a long way. I love that it's a sweet and strong perfume because that's my preference and the bottle is sooo cute too! It's just a really good perfume and it's become my signature scent!
The next thing I have been loving this month was a rediscovery, I have owned the Elf Blush and Bronzing Kit for well over 6 months and I found it in my blush drawer the other week when I was looking for something a bit different and I've really been enjoying it. It comes with a bronzer and a light pink blush with subtle shimmer running through it. I just really love it, both the bronzer and blush are really pigmented and blend well, and it's perfect for travelling because it's a duo in a good compact with a massive mirror so you can just chuck it in your bag if you like to top your makeup up through the day. Also this was a massive bargain, at the time I picked it up I think it was like £3.50? Which is pretty crazy for the quality, I've heard some people even compare this to the Nars Laguna & Orgasm blush and bronzing duo!
The next thing I've been loving this month and will probably love for many months in the future is the Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation, I've been buying and using this foundation for over a year now and every time it runs out i don't even think about it but i just go and pick up a new one. I use it every single day and I actually don't think there is a better alternative on the high street in terms of a cheaper foundation, I even prefer this to higher end alternatives which is crazy considering you can pick this up for under £10.00, this product has had a huge amount of coverage on my blog and I can bet you're sick of hearing about it but if you want too you can find a full review here.
Simple Skincare has been the next thing I've been loving this month, my skin has become really sensitive recently which is strange because before I could pretty much slap anything on my face and it would work out fine for me. But anyway the savoir for my face over the last few months has been simple skin care, in particular the cleanser that helps remove my makeup every day as well as the toner. They are just brilliant products that do the job well and don't irritate, or sting or dry the skin out in anyway. I know that I've mentioned these on my blog before so I won't go into too much detail but there is more information here.
Next are two lipsticks, you may have seen me raving about Mac Angel here, when I say it is the best lipstick I've ever tried i'm really not lying, I really do love it so much, it's gorgeous and the perfect color for every single day, I received this for Christmas and you can see I've really used it, I don't actually think there's been a day this month where this hasn't been on my lips. Next is the Topshop Lipstick in Innocence, I've had this for a while and at first I just couldn't get on with it, but recently I've tried it again and it's so creamy and nice that I've been enjoying it, it's a similar sort of color to Angel just without the glaze formula and I like applying this on days where I need a bit of extra moisture on my lips, in all fairness I pretty much wear Innocence and Angel together as an everyday combination and I find it works really well.
The next product was probably hands down the most favorite products of my favorites this month, I loveeee it! It's the Naked 2 Palette by Urban Decay, I love Urban Decay and this and the Vice Palette have been my go to eyeshadow Palettes for the month. I love this one so much because it's so easy to wear, I can't believe after owning this for about 6 months I've only given it the time of day this month, it's amazing! I love it, it provides a really nice selection of neutral eye colors and I've been loving creating looks with it! It's seriously so good and i'll be popping up reviews of this and the Vice Palette over the next month for you.
Lastly is my beloved Mac MSF natural, I did a review on this not along ago and I would definitely say that it wins my award for my holy grail powder, it's perfect in every single way, gives you great coverage without making you look powdery, it doesn't make you look matte but holds your oil really well and is just such a natural powder that makes your skin glow! I love it, you can read more about it here here.
Anyway, I hope you liked this post, let me know the products you've been loving this month! xx
SHARE:

44 comments

  1. I really want to try the wake me up foundation, everyone raves about it! Currently on the hunt for a new mascara and the Lancome one has been recommended to me many times!

    Leanne @ Leanne-Marie | Beauty, fashion & lifestyle. x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it hun! I seriously adore it and would recommend it to everyone! i don't know anyone who hates it! :) aww really? Yeah pick it up if you get the chance :) it's a product that a lot of people love too which is always good! xxx

      Delete
  2. Right, I reallllly need to try that Rimmel foundation soon!! Lovely post, I definitely want to pick up a few of the Angelica polishes soon too.

    http://absolutebeaut.com


    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandy! Yeah try it woman!! You'll love it haha! I want more Angelica nail polishes too haha, let me know if you get any :) xxxx

      Delete
  3. I've heard some great things about the Rimmel foundation, and really want to get my hands on the Naked 2 palette! This is a great post :D

    http://www.ragsoflove.com/ xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww you should try it if you get the opportunity! oooh I really have been loving it lately, I want to try the original naked palette too because I've heard that ones really good as well! thank you Bel :) xxx

      Delete
  4. I really like the simple range, Great Post!

    -Charlotte
    http://www.incharlottesshoes.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thank you Charlotte :) It's such a good range if you want something that won't make your skin worse haha! xx

      Delete
  5. pekné:)
    www.andreykab.blogspot.cz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simple is my favourite, also i LOVE the naked palettes
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Anne, big fan of the whole range of Simple skin care! :) oooh you do? do you have the first naked palette? been considering getting it haha! xxx

      Delete
  7. Looks like you've been using some lovely products this month. I especially love the Juicy perfume and the Rimmel foundation. Lovely review.

    Lindsey. x
    www.elegant-chaos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Lindsey! :) awww yay me too, that's such a nice thing of you too say! xxx

      Delete
  8. I must be one of the only bloggers that haven't bought Naked 2 I feel alone! But lovely post hun, I love mac angel it's such a pretty shade xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha oh really? I think i'm the only blogger who didn't buy naked 1 so we're even haha! :) thank you, aww me too, such a perfect everyday colour! xx

      Delete
  9. I love MAC lipsticks! Creme Cup is my staple colour, been meaning to try an urban decay palette for ages! i know ill get around to it someday!
    http://accioabigail.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh really? I want to try crème cup next but I wasn't sure how different it was too angel?! ooh definitely try a urban decay palette when you get the chance, you'll be addicted like me if you do haha! xxx

      Delete
  10. Nice post! There are loads of great products there.

    Kimberley x

    http://kimberley77.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am totally been lusting after a Naked Pallet for ages, everyone is raving about them!

    Amy x cocktailsinteacups.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh really? :) haha I know they are talked about a lot! they are good, I'm sure you'll be impressed if you get round to it! :) xxx

      Delete
  12. i love mac angel
    was my first ever lipstick x

    CATH KIDSTON GIVEAWAY 1stepclosereveryday.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww really? :) I can't even remember what my first was haha :$ probably rimmel or something! xxx

      Delete
  13. I've been dying for that naked palette! I love your blog, definitely following now! Stay in touch xx
    thedailysugar.blogspot.com

    & enter the Msdressy giveaway on my blog for an amazing gift!
    http://thedailysugar.blogspot.com/2013/01/msdressy-giveaway_23.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh no go and try one! You'll love them i'm sure :) oooh thank you so much Christina! :) xxx

      Delete
  14. I second the MAC angel. It's neutral and it's pink so perfect for everyone! and I'm so jealous of that NAKED II palette. Great picks!!
    XOXO
    Ty

    Pls. check out some of my looks on BestTrendsForever.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeahhh! You're completely right :) it's sooo amazing! haha oh gosh! thank you :) xxx

      Delete
  15. Nice choices, I have the first naked palette, so tempted to purchase the 2nd one lol, xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha i'm the opposite, have the second but desperate to try the first one haha! xxx

      Delete
  16. I would love everything in these pictures! :)
    Especially that mascara; I use Lancome, which works wonders, but I really want to try this "Hollywood look" you're talking about!
    new follower, hope you have a great day!
    Juliet
    www.apurplesky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Juliet! :) yay, I really do like Lancôme mascara's which one do you use?:) thank you so much for the follow, I hope you've had a nice day too! Xxx

      Delete
    2. It's called Lancome's high definition mascara in black. :) and you're welcome! :P
      Juliet

      Delete
    3. Wooah that was a fast reply! Ooh I'll have to give it ago next time I'm in the market for a new mascara :) xxx

      Delete
  17. I just purchased MAC's angel! Loving it so far :-) Great favorites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh you did?! :) yay happy to hear you love if as much as I do! Xxx

      Delete
  18. ahhh love that perfume! it smells so good! but i hate that the wear time on me isnt too great with that one and i love the naked 2 so much more than naked 1 i find the cooler toned colors work SO MUCH BETTER for me!

    xx great post!

    stephanieslook.blogspot.com
    new follower:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! I'm having the same problem, I thought I just got a dodgy one because it doesn't last very long at all, I think it works better when you put it over the juicy couture body moisturiser, comes out stronger and stays longer than! Oooh you do?! I'm undediced whether to try Naked 1 or not! Thanks hun! :) xxx

      Delete
  19. I've heard so much about the Naked palettes, I should really give it a try! Great post :)

    fameliquorlove.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Danielle! Aww yeah I think everyone loves them :) yeah try them out if you get a chance hun! Xxx

      Delete
  20. Amazing post!!!! I've just bought MAC Angel and I'm so excited to try it :) these are some Feb favourites :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gem! Yay I loved your mac lipstick haul :) so will be interesting too see if you like this!! Xxxx

      Delete
  21. Great post, I love Viva La Juicy! It is one of my favourite scents ;)

    gl0ssi.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  22. Aww thank you! :) one of mine too, it smells amazing!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. love this post :) great reviews

    love char_beyy xx

    http://charbeyy.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate and read every single one of my comments, check back too because I reply to every single one, I figure you took the time to write me a comment so I should take the time to reply! (although it sometimes takes me a few days) if you have any specific enquiries or want to reach me sooner with a question feel free to email me gemmabullock@icloud.com. Thank you so much for your support x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Gem Bullock
Blogger Templates made by pipdig