Friday 18 January 2013

Boots January Sale Haul










Hi Dolls, I have a haul for you today, this was the stuff that I picked up in the Boxing Day Sales from Boots mainly, I really should of showed you before but when I went to write it when I first bought it all blogger was playing up and would only let me add two photo's per post & that just wasn't very useful, so I thought I'd show you some of the stuff I got and give you a few sneak peaks into what's to come on my blog over the next few weeks. Whilst I'm here I just wanted to say a big hello to all my new followers, since having twitter I've met loads of amazing new bloggers & found loads of great blogs so that's been really good, I've also reached over 10,000 page views which is a massive achievement, anyway on to what I got.
The Boots Sale is my favourite sale every single year, they have 50% off every single one of their gift sets that they have before Christmas, I just think that's soo cool and if you've been eyeing a gift set up before Christmas it's so satisfying to be able to get it at half the price afterwards, you really can grab yourself some right bargains. Anyway I got five of the Christmas gift sets:
 
Enchanted - Book of Spells Set -
Normal Price £16.00   Sale Price: £8.00
Soap and Glory - Bright Skincare Kit
Normal Price: £30.00   Sale Price: £15.00
17 Lip Pencils -
Normal Price - £10.00    Sale Price: £5.00
Enchanted - The Fairest of Them All Set - Normal Price - £8.00    Sale Price: £4.00
Soap and Glory - Crazy Sexy Kohl Eyeliner Set - Normal Price: £18.00   Sale Price: £9.00
 
The first set I picked up was the Enchanted Book of Spells, I love this kit, it's gorgeous, you get 10 eye shadows, 4 lip balms & 2 blushes housed in this really gorgeous purple case. If you stand the box up it looks like a book (hence the name) and in all honesty the packaging was what sold me on the kit. I like the fact that the book has two separate drawers to house the different products and a massive mirror too, I just thought it was a really cute design. I won't say too much about it because otherwise this post will be huge but all I will say is that I think that the eye shadows are a slight disappointment, they are lovely shades with names as gorgeous as 'slipper' a glittery white and fawn a lovely matte brown. The only problem is that they aren't very pigmented at all, it's so disappointing when they're such nice shades. The glosses & blushes do make up with it though & if you're willing to work a bit harder with the eye shadows you could create a really pretty look.
 
The second set I picked up was the Soap and Glory 'Bright' Skincare Kit, I'm kind of undecided about this kit as well, firstly I think the price is pretty ridiculous, this kit used to be £30.00 full priced, I understand that the products within this kit do actually add up to £30.00 but S&G gift sets are normally good value for money and I don't really think this one is. You get a instant radiance energy balm which is really just a moisturiser with slight iridescent to it, a hot cloth cleanser which is nice but not the best I've ever tried and an eye bright - you won't believe your eyes, which I do love but I don't know if the price is justified, even at £15.00 I'm not too sure. I love Soap and Glory as a brand they're my favourite but maybe their skincare just doesn't agree with me.
 
The third kit I picked up was the 17 Lip Pencil set, I don't have a huge amount to say about this kit, their nice lip pencils, in a pale pink, a medium pink shade, a dark pink and a gold colour and they do the job well, they're too big to use as lip liners because they're more like chunky lip pencils, but they're super soft and well pigmented and for £5.00 I'm glad I picked them up. 17 are such a great, affordable, brand and I don't think they get the recondition they deserve.
 
I then picked up a smaller Enchanted gift set known as the Fairest of them all, i'm not overly impressed with this set just for the fact that it has the same pigmentation issues and therefore no matter how nice they look in the pan it's hard to recreate a nice look.
 
Lastly I picked up the Crazy Sexy Kohl Eyeliner Set from Soap and Glory once again, it's safe to say this was the favourite gift set I picked up I really do love it. I won't go on too much because I've done a full review here.
Anyway let me know what you picked up from the January Sales & I hope you all enjoy your mostly snowy weekends! xx
SHARE:

30 comments

  1. I really love the soap and glory face set, i bought these products separately except the eye cream :). How cute is the book of spells set, such a bargain xo

    Student-stylexo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww you did?:) how are you finding them? Yeah it is such a bargain! Looks so cute I just had to check it out :) thanks hun! X

      Delete
  2. Been meaning to try the Hot Cloth Cleanser for ages!!

    http://www.thebeautymist.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh do it :) it is really good! the cloth you get with it is sooo soft too! x

      Delete
  3. oooh good shopping! makes me want to sort out my make up bag.
    your newest follower, take a peek at my blog too!
    http://yellowfields.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww thank you :) haha do it, it's always good to have a sort out and get some new stuff in your life! thanks hun :) will defo check your blog out xxx

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. thanks Andy! :) yeah it is gorgeeeous! x

      Delete
  5. I managed to grab myself some bargains in the 75% in Boots, here's my post:

    http://golddustk.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/boots-sale-haul.html

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooooh you did!? yeah i'll check it out now hun :) thank you! xx

      Delete
  6. Wow your haul is amazing. Check mine out if you wish from christmas sales. I got one of the fairest palettes i asked my bf to buy it me for my bday whilst at trafford whilst on offer despite bday not being until march lol some boots stores have loads left. The palettes are so pretty.

    Kate @ sparkle dust xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you kate! oooh you have one? :) yeah I will defo check it out! ooh yeah I've seen loads of the fairest palettes too! is it the one that opens up in like 2 doors from the middle? I was going to get that one too but the colours were pretty much the same, so I couldn't really justify picking it up! yeah they really are :) sure you'll love it! xx

      Delete
  7. Great sale haul! I did quite well too. I bought several perfume gift sets at great prices, like two joop after shave sets with shower gel and face balm for £13.99 each. I bought one at Christmas and it was £34! Didn't manage to get in on the Boots 75% off sale though as online and in my local store everything sold out in a couple of hours :( Just glad I got a couple of things to put away for Birthday presents at good prices.
    Angela xx

    Following you on GFC now, hope you can follow back as I have only been blogging two weeks and I am hoping to do a giveaway in the next week or so, when I reach 100 GFC followers x

    http://british-bargains-and-beauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh you did? what perfume did you get? :) they have amazing sales on their perfume sets after Christmas! ooooh that's well good?! it kind of makes you not want to purchase them before Christmas haha! ooh I know there was no luck for me in the 75% off either,but I did love the 50% off! :) yeah they are so good, great way to stock up for birthday's if you're nice and organised :) thank you for following me hun, i'll defo check your blog out soon! xxx

      Delete
  8. I tried to find some Soap and Glory products in the sale but they'd all been snatched off the shelves before I got there. Looks like you got some great stuff though!

    http://nstylebeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooooooh really?! I got their quite early but I bet they do sell really quickly! thanks nakita xx

      Delete
  9. I LOVE Soap and Glory! There products are actually amazing :) Hey, if you want, check out my blog
    www.nessa-mae.blogspot.co.uk, If you like it follow on GFC and Bloglovin, and I ALWAYS follow back xx – Vanessa Mae

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them too, one of my favourite brands! :) thanks for the link i'll check your blog out soon xx

      Delete
  10. so so so jealous of all of these goodies you managed to pick up! boots sale was pretty rubbish by me :( xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww thanks Grace! ahh I know, I had to go off to a bigger boots to get this stuff and I was quite shocked with what was there! hope you have better luck next year :( xx

      Delete
  11. Lovely things :)
    The Enchanted Book of Spells is so adorable :)
    Wish I could get my hands on stuff from Soap and Glory over here in Finland :)
    hugs
    xx
    P.s Im a new subscriber :) You have a really lovely blog D.s

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! :)
      yeah it's so cute, love the design of all of their products!
      ooooh really?! it's a shame you can't! If I find a website or anything that ships to finland I will let you know! thank you for following too! xxx

      Delete
  12. Ahh you managed to find yourself some great bargains, jealous of the soap and glory products xx

    maddie-elizabeth.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks maddie! I sure did, was sooo happy! :) thanks hun! xx

      Delete
  13. This post really makes me wish I went sale shopping! You picked up some great treats, especially the Soap & Glory set! Jealous!

    Lindsey. x
    www.elegant-chaos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww, go next year ;) you'll be impressed haha, I wasn't sure if I could be bothered too go but it was soo good I was glad that I did! xxx

      Delete
  14. thanks Angela :) i'll check out your blog soon! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my god you got so many great bargains, I love the look of the Soap & Glory Eyeliners :)
    I barely got anything for my local Boots, the shelves were literally bare which was really dissapointing!
    Natalie xx
    youralmostalice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I did! Was well proud :) yeah think they're my fav thing I for in all fairness! Ooooh really? That sucks :( hope you have better luck next time! Xxx

      Delete
  16. You got some amazing deals! I think Boots had some of the best bargains in the sales this year.
    I got some lovely Soap & Glory gift sets in the sale.
    Glad I came across your blog - you've got a new follower here!! :)
    I just posted about some of the bargains I found in the Boxing Day sales, including my Boots buys - would love if you could check it out. :)

    http://ellistuesday.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate and read every single one of my comments, check back too because I reply to every single one, I figure you took the time to write me a comment so I should take the time to reply! (although it sometimes takes me a few days) if you have any specific enquiries or want to reach me sooner with a question feel free to email me gemmabullock@icloud.com. Thank you so much for your support x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Gem Bullock
Blogger Templates made by pipdig