Sunday 20 January 2013

Mac Mineralize Skinfinish Natural Review

















Mac Mineralise Skinfinish Natural (Shade - Medium) Mac website here - £21.00

Hi everyone, hope you're all well, today's review is going to be all about the Mac Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Medium, which I think is actually my holy grail powder. This powder is a cult favourite in the blogging and you tube community (with a makeup alley rating of 4.2 and 72% of people saying that this is a product that they would repurchase) and in December I decided to bite the bullet and order it out of my birthday money & I am actually so pleased that I decided to pick this up. On the website Mac describes this powder as "A luxurious domed face powder with minerals, slowly baked to provide a dimensional yet natural-matte finish. Provides perfect low coverage. Use to set and fix foundation or as a touch-up throughout the day".
I would completely agree with what Mac says about this face powder, it's gorgeous, it's good for the skin because it's packed with minerals and the fact that it's a baked face product means that it really does add a dimension to the face. Mac is very famous for it's normal mineralize skin finishes which are highlighting products such as Soft and Gentle & Gold Deposit. This face powder kind of has a highlighting aspect at all, don't get me wrong it's not shiny or glittery but when you sweep this product over your face it differs to normal powders because it doesn't make you completely matte, it does keep shine at bay all day but it doesn't make your foundation and face look flat and one dimensional, it adds a luminosity and lets your foundation breathe through so that you look more normal. This powder doesn't have amazing coverage, I would definitely say that it's light to medium but that leaves it look really natural and you will never look 'powdery' no matter how much of this you pact on to your face.

Another positive of it having low coverage is the fact that it really lets your foundation be seen and doesn't mask it, a lot of people will buy a really expensive foundation with aluminising properties which will make your skin look really good and then just finish off the look by applying a heavy layer of normal powder that makes you look powdery, cakey, matte and also masks your foundation, I personally don't really see the point in that. Another great thing about this product is that you get 10g of product, normally I am always running out of powders, because I use a lot in the morning to try and get rid of shine and then use powder to top up my makeup and keep oil at bay during the day but I've been using this product for over a month and you can still see I have loads left, I think this is due to the fact that it's a doomed face powder.
In my opinion this powder is definitely worth the money that you pay simply because it's so different to other powders on the market and offers such amazing results. This powder is really finely milled and therefore is so soft on the face and doesn't go cakey. Although because it is so finely milled I find that it has a huge amount of fall out, not when it's on my face but when I swirl my powder brush in the product to buff it into my skin I find that it kind of goes everywhere a bit and you can see by the photo's that it's very fall outty and that can make the packaging very messy. Talking of the packaging I think Mac have done a good job, it feels nice and sturdy and houses the product really well, the only downfalls would be that their isn't a mirror and also no puff for touch up's during the day so you would have to carry a brush too which could be quite inconvenient. I would also like to mention that this is a very good product for oily skin and does help to control oil but also this is the perfect powder for people with dry skin, I have really dry skin underneath my eyes and also down my nose & this powder really doesn't cling to it, it really doesn't emphasize dry patches and just helps to really "finish" your makeup off and make it look much more professional.
I apply this powder with my Real techniques Powder Brush and it's the one powder that gives my skin that 'airbrushed' look that I've been trying to achieve for years. This powder also has the texture and feel of a translucent powder it makes your skin feel as soft and really covers up skin imperfections without making you look flat, powdered and matte. This is also one of the only powders that doesn't oxidise and also is a powder that doesn't start disappearing. I use this in shade medium even though i'm nc15 in mac foundations but their are a range of shades going from light to
dark so their is something for everyone. I really would recommend this powder, I love it, I know it's expensive but I really do think it's worth it and it's definitely my holy grail powder!
SHARE:

26 comments

  1. Oh I love MAC products - mine have recently been sidelined by others - I really want to go back to them now - I've been inspired hehe Time to shop!
    Rachael
    http://thenew62.blogspot.co.uk/
    @Rachael_Haile
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha nooo don't let that happen, I love Mac too, so addicted just wish they weren't so expensive :( haha shop away! thanks for commenting my love xxx

      Delete
  2. I've used this for years and you're right, it definitely is worth the money! It's so light and natural looking and doesn't cake over foundation!

    www.SamuelJamesMorris.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh you have?! we have similar tastes haha! yeah it is so light and natural, I just love it, something about it is so individual and different to other face powders! x

      Delete
  3. its a lovely product! Great photos too! Nice blog post!

    pipp xx

    http://pippjones281190.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thanks pippa! :) haha I spent ages taking those photo's so i'm glad you like them! thanks hun xxx

      Delete
  4. Oo I really want to give this a go!
    Aimee
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww, do it if you get a chance! i'm sure you'll love it as much as I do :) xxx

      Delete
  5. I'll have to go out and have a look at this, I haven't seen any reviews on it before. What's the staying power like?

    Roxy's Box of Tricks  
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah do it Roxy, the staying powder's pretty good, 4-5 hours i'd say on me, I have really oily skin though xxx

      Delete
  6. Wow, really impressed with this powder- I like how it keeps shine at bay but still adds a luminous aspect to your face! Very tempted to buy this now! Great review!
    Rosy x
    www.rostinted.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah it's amazing! aww get it if you have a chance :) thank you hun! xxx

      Delete
  7. I've used MSF for years its good stuff! Once while getting my makeup done with a mac makeup artist she would oder the brush then put it into liquid formula, for my foundation to stay on all night! I've recently traded to Laura Mercier loose powder for light coverage, but MSF will always be my favorite full coverage powder :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh you have? Yeah I really do love it! Dreading the day when mine hits pan :( ooooh really? That's such a good tip! Perfect for a night out :) thank you for sharing!! Ive heard amazing things about the laura mercier powder too so might have to try that one next! :) Xxx

      Delete
  8. I recently bought this too and am itching to use it! I'm waiting on my new sigma powder brush arriving, though!

    Kimberley x

    Http://kimberley77.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh you are? You'll love it I'm sure :) aww really want to try a sigma brush, hope it turns up soon so that you can use it :) let me know what you think! Xxx

      Delete
  9. I love MSF, been using it for years, use it every day without fail!

    jade // jade by the sea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh you have? Everyone's saying that it's their everyday go too powder so I think I chose good! Love it :) xxx

      Delete
  10. I love wearing this with Laura Mercier tinted moisturiser as it still looks quite natural.

    http://ceeonbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah I don't actually think it could ever look cakes or unnatural! I really want to try the Laura mercier tinted moisturiser how do you find it?:) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. When my bourjous powder runs out I defiantly need to get this! Everyone raves about it x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah do it :) you'll be really impressed I swear! :) xxxx

      Delete
  13. I love mac. nice review =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. . Been using this for 2 years now. Cant go without it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I don't need a lot of coverage and needed lightweight powder. I used the Mac sheer pressed powder in the past but was recommended this which gives a better natural finish. When i do wear foundation I also use it along with this powder and makes my face look flawless and natural.So if you need low coverage for everyday this is the perfect product!! It does not come with sponge/powder puff or mirror for on the go but other that I love it.

    Free Mac Mineralize kit sample

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate and read every single one of my comments, check back too because I reply to every single one, I figure you took the time to write me a comment so I should take the time to reply! (although it sometimes takes me a few days) if you have any specific enquiries or want to reach me sooner with a question feel free to email me gemmabullock@icloud.com. Thank you so much for your support x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Gem Bullock
Blogger Templates made by pipdig