Tuesday 22 January 2013

Get the look 'Kate Hudson' Golden Globe Look

 
 
Hi everyone, today I thought I'd jazz my blog up a bit and use beauty sets to make a 'Get the Look' post, I know I've basically been doing loads and loads of reviews and I think sometimes it gets a bit boring, so let me know if you like reading these kind of posts! I had loads of fun making this and Beauty Sets is a great way to unleash your creativity haha! Anyway, I always check out gossip & magazine websites days after events because I love having a nose at all the celebs dresses and makeup on the red carpet! anyway when I was checking them out the other day I saw Kate Hudson's Golden Globes Makeup and I thought it was so simple and so gorgeous. I'm such a huge fan of Kate Hudson, how to lose a guy in 10 days is probably my favourite film ever and I just think she's one of those naturally beautiful woman (so jealous) anyway  I loved this look so much I thought I would dedicate a whole post to it!
I won't go on too much because the Beauty Set I've created seems to explain everything pretty well but I do want to explain some of the choices of made.
Firstly Kate Hudson has the most gorgeous glowing skin, she looks truly radiant & glowing and her skin has a very healthy glow to it. The best foundation I think you could use to re-create Kate's glowing skin is the YSL Le Teinte Touche Eclate, I've heard loads of good reviews about this and I also tried a sample and loved it, this isn't a foundation that will make you look cakey, it just makes you look smooth and glowing and it has illuminating properties similar to the ones in the original YSL touché éclat which a lot of people swear by as an under eye concealer that adds instant brightness, 'let their be light', anyway you can pick up this foundation in the hope of getting gorgeous skin as good as Kate's on the House of Frazer website here, i'm pretty sure you can pick it up at Debenhams and Boots too if you want to collect some extra points or use some too!
The second essential makeup product in looking as good as Kate is a highlighting product, Kate's skin glows and you can tell she has highlighter on her cheekbones and forehead, the one I would recommend is the gorgeous Stila Highlight here combined with Nars Orgasm blush which has golden shimmer in it and therefore gives you a really rosy glow as well as making you looking really healthy, this is a really hyped up product in the blogging community and you can pick it up on Asos here too, with 10% student discount all year round!
Next is the eyes, L'Oreal Volume Million Lashes Mascara works great to lengthen lashes but give them a lot of volume too, Kate's lashes don't look that long in the above photo but the volume of her lashes is seriously intense so I think this is a great high store alternative to the more expensive lashes! You can pick this up at Boots too here  so can use all those advantage card points!
 The last product for the eyes is another L'Oreal product, you can see that Kate has a very neutral eye going on with very cool toned colours featured, I can vaguely make out a light silver and a neutral lightish brown. I think the best way to achieve this look on a budget is to pick up one of these L'Oreal Riche Paris quads that contain 4 gorgeous colours, you get a light brown, a silver, a darker brown and also a black that can be used as an eyeliner, meaning you get a complete eye shadow look for under £10.00, this one is in 840 Snooze, you can also pick this up at Boots here .
The last thing I picked to complete Kate's Golden Globe look would be the Mac lipglass in Cultured, it's a gorgeous milky pink lipgloss which adds just enough sheen whilst still looking really natural you can pick this up on the mac website here.
And that's it, thank you for reading, let me know what you think of this look & if you like these sorts of posts! xxx
 

SHARE:

16 comments

  1. Oh my! She looks so natural and glowing. Absolutely stunning. Thank you for recreating it!

    Lindsey. x
    www.elegant-chaos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh I know! I have serious makeup envy right now! I think she's gorgeous anyway though :) aww thank you x

      Delete
  2. She has such nice skin, i am sooo jealous. I love this look
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Em :) I know! Her skin is literally flawless :) xxx

      Delete
  3. Hello, I've just found your blog from Emily (Love-xbeauty).

    I really enjoyed reading this post. Kate Hudson is so beautiful and especially here is looks glowing ! Might have to try the Stila Sun Highlighter !!

    Faye

    http://fayebeaman.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiii hun! Awww thank you :) haha yeah she is literally such a stunning woman, aww do it :) looks laaaavely! thank you for the comment! :) xxxx

      Delete
  4. This is a gorgeous look and you've done a really good job of recreating it . Really natural and glowy looking. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! So jealous I want to look like this! Thanks so much Jennifer :) xx

      Delete
  5. I need that foundation in my life, it looks gorgeous!

    http://alittlebitunique.blogspot.co.uk/

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I know! So gorgeous! I need it too, soo good and luxurious!! Xxx

      Delete
  6. That's pretty! ♥
    Nice blog you have here dear!
    Check out mine sometime if you'd like ♥
    AIMEROSE BLOG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you hun :) ill defo check your blog out! xxx

      Delete
  7. Thanks ! You have a great blog !) I will be happy if u follow me :) http://lisaswiftt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you :) of course, no worries! Xx

      Delete
  8. such a beautiful make up look!

    http://thisgirlloveschic.blogspot.co.uk/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Paulina :) and thanks for the link! Xx

      Delete

I really appreciate and read every single one of my comments, check back too because I reply to every single one, I figure you took the time to write me a comment so I should take the time to reply! (although it sometimes takes me a few days) if you have any specific enquiries or want to reach me sooner with a question feel free to email me gemmabullock@icloud.com. Thank you so much for your support x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Gem Bullock
Blogger Templates made by pipdig