Thursday 31 January 2013

Lancôme Hypnose Star Mascara Christmas Gift Set







Lancôme Hypnose Star Mascara Christmas Gift Set - £21.00

Hi Lovelies, Today's post is going to be about the Lancôme Hypnose Star Mascara, this was another Christmas Gift from my lovely mum (I know, i'm slowly getting round to reviewing all my gifts) and this was one of my favourites. Me and my mum went to a Lancôme counter a few weeks before Christmas and she picked this up for me. I was so happy to receive this as a gift due to the fact that I normally just buy drugstore mascara's so it's always nice to receive a beauty product that you wouldn't normally go for. The only high end mascara I've tried prior to this was the Benefit 'They're Real' which I loved but it dried out way to quickly which was a massive disappointment. Anyway i'm going to jump right into the review now.
This gift set is so cute and I think Lancôme always get it right with their Christmas Gift sets, it's really nice to receive a mascara with two sample size products as well as receive it in such a nice Christmas Gift Box, I think the gold packaging just really made it special and Lancôme also wrapped it up in their own personal wrapping paper which I think is a really nice touch too. This gift set came with the Hypnose Mascara in the shade Noir Midnight which is 6.5g and then it came with a Bi Facil and a Mini Kohl Eyeliner, which gives you the perfect combination because you have the mascara and eyeliner to create some really cool eye makeup and then the Bi Facil to remove the eye makeup really effectively and easily at the end of the night too.
Firstly I want to talk about the mascara, the first thing I noticed was the gorgeous packaging of this particular mascara, it has a really nice glitter running through it and that makes it perfect for most girly girls, it's also black and therefore really sleek packaging too. The Lancôme Hypnose mascara also claims that it will create glamorous volume and a Hollywood like curve and I would completely agree, when I apply this I find that my lashes actually look really good, they are left curled and long and they have volume too and I really do feel like my lashes look pretty impressive. Betty Boop and Daria Werbowy are the faces of the campaign behind the Hypnose Mascara and it claims to give you the glamorous lashes that both of these Hollywood stars have. The formula of this mascara also has a 'black diamond effect', which I think means it has a glossy gel like finish, I'm not too sure about this, I didn't notice a massive difference in the effect or colour of this mascara compared to others that I've used. The wand of this mascara is also pretty impressive, it is a stiff, plastic wand which I really like, I would say that it is built to really give you good length and make your lashes really lengthened but I do think the wand could be improved because I felt this mascara lacked a little in the volumising department. Probably my favourite thing about this mascara is the fact that the wand really gives a good amount of coverage of small and the small corner bottom lashes which are hard to reach and this wand really does grab lashes that you didn't even knew you had. The wand also has a dual side brush which is meant to help build up the "glamorous intensity", I think this is a cool feature but I didn't see a massive difference in both sides of the brush in all honesty. This is a really good mascara though and I do really like it, it has a 4 star review on the Boots website and works really well to lengthen the lashes, separates them  and keep them really curled too I just wish it had a little bit more volume than it actually does. It also has a really good lasting power and it isn't going to be one of those mascara's that just flakes or disappears. I actually really recommend this mascara the lengthening that this wand creates is pretty impressive and I always layer my mascara's anyway so the volume issue wasn't really a problem with me!

Next in the kit is the Bi Facil, you get 30ml of product and it is a Non-Oily Formula that is really good for sensitive eyes. Lancôme claims that this product is an instant cleanser for the eye area. I really would agree I have used this several times after nights out when I have worn a lot of eye makeup and it really does remove eye makeup really quickly and effectively, you do have to shake it really well first though because it does contain a lot of oil and you could end up with a really oily eyelid if you don't make sure to shake it well. The only thing is that it does have a bit of a strange scent that I can't really put my finger on, but it wouldn't deter me from using it and as it is one of Lancôme's top selling products it doesn't seem to put other people off either. I think it's so cool that this was included in the kit and I really liked trying it out, I'm not sure that I would buy the full size just because it is so expensive but I did really like it.

Lastly you get the Mini Kohl Eyeliner in Black, it's pretty basic and simple and does the same as many other kohl eyeliners that I've tried, but it is a nice freebie and I'm always running out of eyeliners so this was a nice touch. Plus it's the perfect size to chuck in my bag for eye touch up's during the day because it's not a full size product.

Overall I really like this gift set, the packaging is really cute, all of the products inside it really impressed me, it was also a great price seeming as the Lancôme Hypnose Star is £21.00 by its self so you really just get the Bi Facil and Eyeliner free which is ace! Really do love this mascara and the whole kit and I would recommend this mascara! Let me know if any mascara's have impressed you lately! xx

SHARE:

14 comments

  1. I've tried that mascara, got a sample of all three of these actually in my Selfridges advent calendar and i was impressed most by the mascara!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh really?:) I wanted that calendar sooo much! ahh yeah :) it really is really good! Thanks for the comment hun! :) xxx

      Delete
  2. Ooo I really want to try a mascara from Lancome, have heard so much about this one! I love the glittery packaging too :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww :) yeah do it sandy! You'll love it :) it's really good and the packaging is amazing! Gotta love a bit of glitter! Xxx

      Delete
  3. I adore this mascara!

    You are very welcome to enter my MAC giveaway it's only 9 hours left.
    www.therainstreet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww yaaaay me too!
      thank you for the link too! xxx

      Delete
  4. Love it! Your blog is so good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, the packaging is gorgeous! I would love to try Lancome's Hypnose mascara but it is far too expensive here in Australia :( The wand looks great for separating and voluminising the lashes too which is good. So lucky your mum bought this for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's sooo pretty! Could stare at it all day haha! :( oh really? The mark up on cosmetics in Australia is crazy! You must get well annoyed by it! Aww thanks hun! I know I'm very lucky :) xxxx

      Delete
  6. I kept looking at this set in Debenhams but didn't end up buying it, had to spend my money on everyone else's pressies :( I also loved the look of the package, so beautiful to give as a gift. I like to buy gift sets when possible as you always get a freebie! Enjoyed you review so now following on GFC.
    I have a giveaway on my blog, a few make up bits and bobs, would love you to drop by and enter if you fancy. It ends on Sunday.
    Angela x

    http://british-bargains-and-beauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh really? I know it sucks that all the nice makeup comes out near Christmas when you have to do all your Christmas shopping! Yeah it's so gorgeous and festive, it's a bit silly I like it so much but just thought it was nice! Yeah gift sets are always the best for value :) thank you for the comment Angela! xxx

      Delete
  7. I think this is a great giftset too! Such great value for 3 Lancome items :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww thank you Gem! I agree, amazing for Lancôme, especially because they're quite expensive :) and it's always nice to try sample sizes first! xxxx

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate and read every single one of my comments, check back too because I reply to every single one, I figure you took the time to write me a comment so I should take the time to reply! (although it sometimes takes me a few days) if you have any specific enquiries or want to reach me sooner with a question feel free to email me gemmabullock@icloud.com. Thank you so much for your support x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Gem Bullock
Blogger Templates made by pipdig