Sunday 6 January 2013

Juicy Couture - Viva La Juicy Review

 
 


Juicy Couture - Viva La Juicy Perfume - 30ml + Viva La Juicy Body Lotion - 4.2 FL Oz (125ml)

Hi everyone, hope you've all been having a fab weekend! Today I thought I would talk about an amazing perfume that I've recently discovered and if you read my 2012 favourites post you would have seen this got a little mention. My mum got me this perfume for my birthday at the beginning of December after hearing about me rave on and on about it after I smelt it in boots and fell in love. Now I would say that this is my favourite perfume ever! With close runners up being Diesel Loverdose and also Kim Kardashian's perfume. I think this one is a little bit more grown up and more of a mature scent compared to the other two so it kind of takes my number one spot.
 
The first thing that attracted me to this perfume was how gorgeous it looked on the shelf, the perfume bottle is so different to anything else you normally see on the shelves and really stood out to me, I remember thinking it looked quite classic and beautiful and I think that actually describes the scent quite well. This scent was one I was immediately attracted to, it's a very strong smell which is what I actually prefer in perfumes due to the fact that I find they wear for longer and I like being able to smell my perfume all day long. This perfume is actually known as a gourmet, sweet flowery fragrance; with ingredients such as: mandarins, sweet and wild berries, honeysuckle, jasmine, vanilla, caramel, praline, sandalwood and amber. I can personally smell vanilla quite strongly mixed with the sandalwood and some berries, but I can't quite put my finger on exactly which of these smells is the main scent to this perfume, I just know I love it, it smells really sweet and floral and that's exactly what I look for within a perfume, it's very feminine but I think because it's more floral rather than super sweet it's a slightly more grown up option compared to my normal favourite perfumes. I would say this is quite a sophisticated scent and would probably be better for night wear because of how strong it is but you could make it work for day wear too!

I do absolutely adore this perfume, the only niggles I have with it is the fact that the lasting power isn't too brill? I find it lasts for 2-3 hours and I don't think that's too amazing for a perfume as strong as this one, also I would say that you have to be quite careful on how much of this you actually spray on yourselves, because if you spray too much it is so so so strong that it can easily give you a pretty intense headache, one spritz will definitely be enough to keep you going. I do love the perfume of this but I think it is much much better when it is layered up with the body lotion because I feel like this lasts longer, so together they make a pretty great combination, quite a pricey perfume though so I would suggest you go and test it out first!





SHARE:

8 comments

  1. This perfume smells amazing, I really news to pick one up!xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this perfume. Such a lovely floral summer scent.

    New follower

    kate @ sparkle dust

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you kate! I agree, definitely perfect for summer! xx

      Delete
  3. Love love love your the smell of that perfume
    Such a great buy!

    Follow one another? Let me know :D

    Kenneillia M.
    http://thestylevow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah smells amazeee! thank you :)
      yeah that would be cool x

      Delete
  4. Weird question, but what is the name of the candle in the background?x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi hun, it's just a decorative candle from next I think, its a vanilla one x

      Delete

I really appreciate and read every single one of my comments, check back too because I reply to every single one, I figure you took the time to write me a comment so I should take the time to reply! (although it sometimes takes me a few days) if you have any specific enquiries or want to reach me sooner with a question feel free to email me gemmabullock@icloud.com. Thank you so much for your support x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Gem Bullock
Blogger Templates made by pipdig