Tuesday 5 February 2013

Are Rimmel Apocalips worth the hype?








Rimmel Apocalips - 101 Celestial & 303 Apocaliptic - £5.99 - Boots - here

Hi lovelies, hope you're all okay. Today I'm sharing with you a new release from Rimmel. If you haven't heard about these then you must have been living under a rock because they really have taken the blogging world by storm and I honestly couldn't tell you any blogger that hasn't got an opinion (or a post) about them. I picked these up the day they were released which was about 2 weeks ago now I believe. I picked up two shades 101 Celestial which is a light plummy pink shade and 303 Apocaliptic which is a bright fuchsia pink. I know some bloggers picked up the whole collection but I just wanted to try a few first and see if I liked them or not.
Also I just thought I'd mention that I got a new camera you can see the picture above & the pictures from this post were taken on it, yay!So let me know what you think, I'm loving it so far.
As you know I am a massive fan of Rimmel and they are probably my favorite high street/drug store makeup brand, I pretty much love all of their products and over the last year or so I think they've really stepped up their game and have been releasing some really good products. Therefore when I saw these had been released I was quite excited too see if they were going to live up to the hype and be as good as people had been saying.
Firstly I would say that these products are good, the pigmentation of all of these products are pretty impressive and when I swatched them in store I was pleasantly surprised that there the pigmentation was across the board and there were no disappointments. Another great thing about these is the fact that they only with stand the texture of a gloss for a few minutes and then turn completely matte and therefore they are a good consistency to wear.
Basically Apocalips are the formulation of a lip gloss with the pigmentation and wear ability of a lipstick which is cool. Another thing about these is that they are fairly long lasting. I also love the concept behind the name of the product 'Apocalips' I often think that the name and marketing of a product are key to a products success and I also think the packaging is gorgeous, the bottle is quite a funny shape (almost rocket like) and I think they look really sleek and individual, I also think it's cool that you can see the shade through the bottom of the tube.
But, do I think these are the worth the huge amount of hype that they are getting in the blogging world? I personally don't know. I don't think they're bad products at all but I don't think they're amazing products either. I find the smell and taste of these products to put me off a bit and I don't think they're very smooth on the lips. I also think that they bleed really easily. And I would also say that because of their extreme pigmentation they are quite hard to wear, I would say that they are much better for nights out rather than day time wear because I think you'll find that they end up half way across your face.
I would also say that because of the huge amount of hype these products have received they're not really going to ever be able to live up to it, yes they're good but the way that people are going on about them kind of makes you think they're going to be amazing and ground breaking and in all honesty I just think they're good.
Overall I like these a lot, I do think i'll pick up a few more shades, I really want to try the more nudey shades and I think 'Big Bang' is the most perfect red and will be amazing for more daring days and nights out but I absolutely hate the smell of these products and it does put me off a little bit. If you haven't tried them then you should definately pick some up, I don't know anybody who hates them and would never wear them I just think they are a little big over-hyped, although the pigmentation and lasting power of these is pretty impressive. What do you think of the Rimmel Apocalips? Are they worth the hype? xxx

SHARE:

27 comments

  1. Your pictures look fantastic! I wrote a review on the shade Big Bang which I'm putting up on Weds and basically have agreed with you! They're impressive for what they are but not the life changing product they're kind of made out to be haha xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay thanks Sandy! I read your post today actually, we have completely the same view! I do like them but they're not as amazing as they're being made out haha! maybe i'm just being a bit harsh! xxxx

      Delete
  2. Thanks for such an informed review. I do like the look of them but if they bleed that's a big no no for me! Great review xxx

    Tia
    www.bellezzababe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tia! :) ooh that's alright, I think it's sometimes good to see some of the bad things about the product too! ahh I know, that's the problem for me! thank you :) xxx

      Delete
  3. There is so much hype around these products, and I'm a sucker for hype, but it's nice to see a review that doesn't just praise them. I'm gonna give them a try but won't get my expectations up too high! Great review :)
    Chloe xx
    http://moonchild-chloe.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah I know what you mean, I think you'll always be curious when a product gets this much attention, so you've gotta try it out too see how you feel about it! :) thank you I didn't want it to be boring and the same old! thanks hun :) let me know what you think if you try them out! :) xxx

      Delete
  4. Great review. I have seen this pop up on so many blogs and so tempted to buy them on ebay. I'm in Canada so I doubt if these would be available here any time soon. I haven't tried any Rimmel lip glosses and not a big fan of "interesting" scent. Think I would hold off my purchase until they are here.

    thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a sweet comment. Following :)

    http://shoppingobsessionblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Ooh really? Are Canada behind the UK in releases? :) Yeah I don't think you'd hate them the smell is just a bit off putting so you should try them out if you can get them for a reasonable price on ebay, just don't pay too much because then you could be left a bit disappointed :) no problem! thanks for the lovely comment too & the follow! xxxx

      Delete
  5. Great honest post I haven't tried these yet I'm a little behind! Your photos look amazing so your new camera must be great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura! haha you're not that far behind they're still relatively new! :) awww thank you so much, that's lovely of you too say! xx

      Delete
  6. Really good review! I'm actually very tempted to buy these now, probably the more neutral colours as I don't go out too often! But wow the pigmentation looks fantastic in those swatches :o


    http://eimeardenise.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun! :) yeah do it, I would say that the brighter shades could be quite scary if you're used to more of a neutral lip! the pigmentation is amazing though, the swatches were just one quick swipe! xx

      Delete
  7. I bought three myself which I did review on my blog. Although I love them, I agree they aren't overly amazing. Great post :)

    Mintyessence

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thanks hun :) I will have to check it out! ooh fair enough, quite a lot of people have the same opinion actually haha, the blogging world does love to overhype products! :) xxx

      Delete
  8. Big bang is such a lovely colour, i have it! it's great. i love these but i think they smell a bit funny haha?

    love your new camera! so jealous :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh it is? :) I really want to try it haha, I think everyone needs a bright red! ahhh I know i'm the same, they smell very strange haha every time I put them on it's the first thing I notice! thanks darl :) xxx

      Delete
  9. I loved these when I first got them but sometimes I feel they are a bit too much colour! Think I'm just used to more sheer lipglosses or more matt lipstick! Although I love the smell :)

    Nicola xo - Babbles About beauty blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun! :) yeah I feel the same! I think it's just getting used to something that's a little different! oooh really? haha maybe i'm just weird haha I can't stand it! xxx

      Delete
  10. Your pics are coming out lovely with the new camera :). you must get Big bang it's beautiful. I do agree with the over hypedness. xx

    Jassy.K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thanks lovely! :) oooh really? I do want that one so bad haha! yaay at least i'm not the only one! :) xx

      Delete
  11. Cool post,I like the colors:)
    Your blog is interesting:)
    I will be glad if you check my blog and may be we can follow each other if you like it :)
    xoxo Veselina from Bulgaria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you :) will defo check out your blog! :) xxx

      Delete
  12. I have really enjoyed your review, it's one of the most detailed I've read. I'm still undecided on these.. if I was getting one I think I'd be going for Luna.

    Amy x cocktailsinteacups.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! :) glad you enjoyed it! yeah Luna is a very pretty shade, tempted by that one too! :) xxx

      Delete
  13. I really want to try these, can't get round to buying them x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww yay :) let me know if you try them and what you think x

      Delete
  14. I have celestial and I think it's such a nice colour, I'm not really brave enough to wear reds though haha! Great post (:

    Tean-mauricette.blogspot.co.uk xxxx

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate and read every single one of my comments, check back too because I reply to every single one, I figure you took the time to write me a comment so I should take the time to reply! (although it sometimes takes me a few days) if you have any specific enquiries or want to reach me sooner with a question feel free to email me gemmabullock@icloud.com. Thank you so much for your support x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Gem Bullock
Blogger Templates made by pipdig