Thursday 28 February 2013

February Favorites



Hi Lovelies, hope you're all okay, I've been feeling really rubbish had a throat infection and a awful cold so i've been a bit down in the dumps over the last few days but hey ho! I'm quite happy too see the end of Feb to be honest with you, it's never really been a month i've loved that much and i'm hoping that March will bring us some much needed sunshine and some signs of spring. Anyway, I have quite a lot of stuff to show you so I shall get on with what my favourite products of February were.

Mac Studio Fix Foundation NC15 - I love this foundation, this and the Rimmel Wake me up foundation are definitely my two holy grail make up products and I love them both a lot, for days when it's rubbish weather I find that I want a bit more coverage and the Mac Studio Fix gives amazing flawless coverage and lasts all day. It's not too pricey for a 'high end' foundation either which is quite good it retails at £20.50 I think! Anyway I just really enjoy using this foundation and for a night out I wouldn't really choose anything else. I really want to try the Mac Studio Sculpt foundation next so please leave me your opinions in the comments if you've tried that one too!

Maybelline the Rocket Mascara - Love this! I have a massive love affair with Maybelline Mascara's and to be honest i'm not really someone who likes many of maybelline's products. Firstly I love this mascara because it has a massive brush and it really does lengthen my lashes and it holds a curl in my lashes too which is good because my lashes are normally dead straight. I'm not sure that this is the most voluminousness mascara (which it claims to be) but you can definitely build it up depending on how much va-va-voom you want your lashes to have! I really like this product and I think it's a really good drugstore mascara.

Chanel Bronze Universal - EEEE, i love this so much! This is the first Chanel product I've ever tried and I love it, I was eyeing up this product for so long and then I got it and I've just fallen in love with it, it looks so natural on the skin, blends flawlessly, smells amazing and is pretty much everything you want in a bronzer, it lasts so long, you only need a tiny bit and it's just a super product! I couldn't rave about this particular product enough & this is definitely my stand out product of the month, it is gorgeous.

No 7 Nail Varnishes - I was looking through my nail varnish collection the other day and I saw that I actually own quite a few of the Boots No 7 Nail Varnishes, I think I've had a few gift sets with them in and I used to purchase them quite often when I could get them for £2.00 when I had a No.7 £5.00 off voucher, so anyway I was looking for some more bright colors for the spring months and I have been really loving this bright light blue & dark navy blue by No.7 and I've been wearing them quite a bit, they are long lasting, super easy to apply & very opaque coverage and I just think they're really good quality and they have a really nice shade range. You can read a full review here.

Elf Blush - Flirt - I've been cracking out my old Elf products recently and have vowed to use them more otherwise I think that they should go to a new, more-loved home, this has been a product I've been really loving, it's a cream blush in such a gorgeous pink color, it's quite bright but I apply it with a stippling brush to get more of a natural blush color and I find that this compliments the Chanel Bronze Universal really well. I would say that this color will look gorgeous in the summer months with more of a tan, but I really like the formula it's almost a bit like play-dough consistency.

Charlie Pink Perfume - I got this in a cheap gift set just after Christmas and thought i'd just use this as a perfume for work or around the house because I go through perfumes so quickly and I wanted to save some of my more expensive scents but in actual fact I find this one smells sooo amazing and it's so cheap. It smells quite sweet which is my preference and is a mix of red fruits, tangerine and vanilla which just smells gorgeous. You can pick a 30ml bottle of this up for about £5.00 or you can get the spray perfume but I just think it smells really elegant and feminine.

Urban Decay the Glinda Palette - I won't talk about this product too much because I did a full review on my blog of it nearer the start of the month but I've been using this palette loads and I love how the shades are so individual but actually quite wearable considering they're not really neutral shades. I just really love Urban Decay and their eye shadows are second to none in terms of quality. If you want to read a full review of this product you can find it here.

Soap and Glory Smoothie Star Body Milk - I don't think I could actually do a monthly favorites without including one of the many products that I love from Soap and Glory I actually have a whole drawer full of their products because I am that addicted and this has been the one I've been loving the most this month. This is just a body milk that is to be used after you've showered, and I find it moisturizes the skin really well and keeps my skin smooth and it also smells really good. It says it a  mix of almond, cocoa, yogurt oat and honey and I just think I smell like a cake or a cookie and I literally smell good enough to eat which is a bit weird but I really like it haha and I just love how moisturizing it is! You can read a full review here.

Anyway I hope you all enjoyed my monthly favorites, please let me know what you've been loving this month and I will speak to you all soon! :) xxx
SHARE:

33 comments

  1. I still want to try the Rocket mascara! I bought the colossal cat eyes mascara recently and I have the review on my blog!

    check out my blog, if you have the time?
    http://georgialouisee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh really hun? :) how do you find colossal cat eyes? i love all of maybellines but I don't think i've tried that! I'm gunna check out your review in a bit! xx

      Delete
  2. I so want to try the Rocket Mascara, I love the soap and glory smoothie star, it smells amazing! xo

    chloesway.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh do it if you get a chance love! :) oh ma god I know?! I haven't seen a lot of people talking about it but I think it smells pretty damn amazing! xx

      Delete
  3. I love Smoothie Star, best smelling lotion ever! I also love my Oz pallet although it's the Theodora one, the eyeshadows are great! I also love that navy No7 varnish, I'm wearing it now with a Models Own glitter on top & it actually looks like galaxy style!

    Amy x cocktailsinteacups.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Amy! Me too, smells gorgeous! oooh how do you like the theodora one? I really want that one too :( but I told myself I could only get one haha! haha we have the same taste, which models own glitter do you have on top? :) hahaha sounds well cool! xx

      Delete
  4. Lovely favourites, I really need an urban decay palette in my life I don't know how I don't have one!!

    www.themakeupdirectory.blogspot.co.uk


    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww :) ahhh really? defo get one if you get the chance! thanks hun xx

      Delete
  5. Great post, that rocket mascara is my favourite aswell! x

    www.hannahheartss.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Hannah! ooh i know soo good huh?! x

      Delete
  6. I love reading about products that people love! I have heard great things about the Chanel bronzer, but I don't use bronzer enough to justify it. I also love The Rocket mascara, and I agree that most other Maybelline products are a bit rubbish other than their mascaras of course! I have the same MAC foundation too and I love it! My other holy grail foundation is Rimmels Match Perfection.
    Wonderful post, thanks for sharing! :)

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah me too hun, one of the best posts to read I think! Yeah i'm a massive fan of the bronzer, ahh yeah that's true, I think you're either more of a bronzer girl or a blush girl and i'm more of a bronzer girl. Ahh yeah I think so too, I don't understand though because they're mascara's are amaaaaazing! oooh i've never tried Rimmel Match Perfection will defo try it out now though hun thanks for the recommendation! :) xxx

      Delete
  7. Ahhh I've been loving Chanel bronze universal too lately! Once you've got the knack of applying its amazing ... But it took me a whole haha xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay Sandy! what do you use to apply it now? glad you got the hang of it! haha I know I was well sad when you said you couldn't get to grips with it! It does take a bit of trial and error haha but when you get it right it's amaze! :) xxx

      Delete
  8. Eeeek Soap and Glory smoothie star is the best! I don't want my bottle to run out! And I'm dying to try the Chanel brozer, everyone says its lovely so I may have to splurge. Lovely favourites post doll xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh my gosh I know!! why don't more people talk about it, i've had it for ages but I never tried it because I haven't heard a lot about it and think it came within a set! eee, I know the bottles do last ages though! yeah do it hun :) you won't regret it! :) thanks hun xxx

      Delete
  9. So jealous of your Chanel Bronze Universal! It looks so gorgeous, I'm SO tempted to splurge! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am dying to try the Chanel bronzer! Lovely post
    - Katarina xxx
    scribblesandsparkles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Katrina! Go to a chanel counter if you can and have a play with it hun! :) xxx

      Delete
  11. Looking forward to the urban decay review, the packaging looks amazing, I'm so tempted!

    B x

    Would love it if you took a look at my blog and entered my giveaway here: RebeccaRuby - A lifestyle blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thanks rebecca! :) yeaah it's gorgeous! xx

      Delete
  12. Hi Gemma! I've also been loving the Glinda palette this month! I've just read your review - great! What camera, lighting, etc. do you use for your photos? I'd love it if you would check out my review of the Glinda & Theodora palettes: http://taniad5786.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/urban-decays-oz-great-powerful-glinda.html

    Tania x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tania! :) yeah me too! It's such a great palette, I've just checked out your review it's really good I want to try the theodora one too but i'm not sure how much use I would get out of it. I use a Nikon Coolpix L810, I try to use natural lighting but most of the time I grab as many lights and lamps from my house as possible and plug them all in around where i'm going to take my photos so that I can get as much light as possible! I can do a post on it if you want to see it :)! thanks for the lovely comment xxx

      Delete
  13. I love Elf makeup! I kinda actually forgot about it. Thanks for reminding me!
    Jillian - http://epic-thread.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha no problem hun! I stopped using mine for ages but i'm so addicted again! I even want to buy some more, what is happening to me! xxx

      Delete
  14. Love all these too!
    Great blog, I am now following!
    Katie xx

    Dreaming of Forever.
    http://dreamingofforeverxkatie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous choice of Favorites, I absolutely love the rocket mascara it really is one of the best drug store around at the minute.
    oh and I am not adding the Chanel bronzer to my wish list lol
    great post .....great blog

    xoxo
    http://greatlittlefinds.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thanks Judith! eee you do?! it's really good huh! yeah do it hun :) thanks so much! xxx

      Delete
  16. that palette looks really pretty!
    and that elf blush is so cute, i love it

    BreezeyBee Blog
    xoXo

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm totally addicted to the smoothie star body milk, I really want to try the shower gel :) I end up looking a crazy person and sniffing my arms all day long though :P
    Love Holly x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Amazing blog!! love it! Maybe follow each other on Bloglovin? let me know!
    Best wishes!)
    http://wildshadeblog.blogspot.ru/

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate and read every single one of my comments, check back too because I reply to every single one, I figure you took the time to write me a comment so I should take the time to reply! (although it sometimes takes me a few days) if you have any specific enquiries or want to reach me sooner with a question feel free to email me gemmabullock@icloud.com. Thank you so much for your support x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Gem Bullock
Blogger Templates made by pipdig