Tuesday 26 February 2013

Mac Studio Finish Concealer NC15 Review









Mac Studio Finish Concealer £14.50 - Mac Website

Hi Ladies, hope you're all okay today's post is going to be about the Mac Studio Finish Concealer in NC15, I've been using this concealer for a good 3 months now and I love it. I find that concealers aren't really reviewed all that much on blogs though and when I was doing my research on this concealer before I got it I found that I couldn't find that much out about it so I thought i'd give my two sense for you all.
Firstly I really like Mac products but they are pretty pricey, in terms of this concealer though I find that it is pretty reasonable in terms of price, it only costs the same as a lipstick from Mac and in all fairness you will use this product everyday. You also get 7g of product and I think this is pretty good, I've had mine for 3 months and hardly made a dent in it and trust me I have a lot to conceal on this face haha! The product also has the added bonus of having SPF35 and is known as an industrial strength concealer meaning it not only covers blemishes ut also claims to cover tattoos and birthmarks.Other great facts about the product is the fact that it is water resistant, fragrence free and non blemish genic which is obviously good because you don't want to make your spots worse when applying this product.
Apparently it has vitamins A&E which are both anti-oxidants but in all honesty after 3 months of use I haven't really felt the benefits of them and it doesn't make me desire the product anymore. Other good things about this product is that it contains Silica which is good for absorbing skins oil and is really good for acne sufferers if it is applied in the right way. I would also say that it is really good for really bad dark circles as long as you blend it in a lot and make sure that you set it because otherwise you could experience some issues with the product caking.
With all the boring facts aside I really do like this concealer, I find that it gives really good coverage and is a really thick and creamy concealer. It really helps to cover my dark circles but I think the application of this product is key, you only need a little bit and you need to blend it in, I personally find that blending in my concealer with my ring finger means that the product is helped to warm up and absorb into the skin a lot easier. You do have to be careful with this product because it can easily end up looking cakey underneath the eye area especially and I would say that it definitely accentuates dry patches so I would say this is much more suited for more oily skin types. I love this product because of its staying power and coverage, this product will last all day n my face but I do find that if i'm having a watery eye day then the product doesn't stay so i'm not sure about Mac's claim that it is water resistant.
The product will last a really long time, i'd say I could get a good 6 months or more worth of use out of this product which is really good and I think the packaging is pretty good and feels sturdy although its kind of gross having to put your fingers in it everyday. Probably one of the best things about this particular product as with all mac products is the shade range with a huge amount of nc and nw shades to pick from. Also the Pixiwoo sisters are big fan of this product (what else do you need?!) & 70% of the people who reviewed it on make up alley said they would repurchase it!
So I think this product has well deserved love and I personally would really recommend it, I think it works really well and I will repurchase it as soon as it runs out because I can't imagine not using it now! What concealer do you use? Let me know and i'll speak to you all soon! xxx
SHARE:

23 comments

  1. this looks amazing! I might have to purchase this, as I have really bad undereye circles! hehe great post :) xxx

    http://handpickedbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Emma! :) yeah do it, my under eye circles are ridic and it helps me out a huge amount haha! xx

      Delete
  2. I've literally just bought this too, purely from the Pixiwoo fans! ;)

    This week I’ve blogged about a biscotti recipe, Stila Smudge Pot in Kitten, DIY memory boards, Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Rose Gold, Summer
    Yankee Candles, Real Techniques Expert Face Brushes and a FOTD. http://missstephanieusher.blogspot.co.uk/
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh you did Steph?! haha that's well good :) let me know how you find it xx

      Delete
  3. I just bought the Studio Sculpt foundation and love it! I am currently using the Collection 2000, lasting perfection concealer though and it really is brilliant!
    I have a giveaway on at the minute to mark my 100 followers, maybe you could check it out, if you haven't already :D www.beautybook13.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooooh really?! I want to try it so bad haha, what skin type do you have? :) yeah i used to use that concealer and I still really like it! :) thanks for the giveaway link too hun xxx

      Delete
  4. I always find that cream concealers cause really old looking/tired eyes therefore I tend to opt for liquids (my fave being Collection)however, I may have to give this a try!

    fashion--geek.blogspot.com
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah I know what you mean hun, I think that they can make your eyes look quite tired, I think you just need to moisturize super well & warm the product up with your fingers! I don't notice it as much as I have with other creamy concealers with this one but I can see what you mean! :) xxx

      Delete
  5. Great review! I have been looking for a new concealer. Not sure if I want it cream or liquid yet. As most of mine is cream and thought maybe liquid is easier to blend. But this one looks like its coverage is pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks hun! :) oooh if you've been looking for one this is pretty good! yeah that's true, give a liquid ago have you tried the collection 2000 one? and then you can decide which one you prefer! :) xxx

      Delete
  6. Thanks for this great review, Gemma! Believe it or not, I have yet to try MAC makeup ... Something I need to cross off my list. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks hun! :) ooooh really? to be honest I didn't try it until last year, it's pretty pricey but you get a bit addicted when you try it haha! so stay away for as long as you can!! xx

      Delete
  7. It looks really creamy and blend-able, I have MAC Pro Londwear concealer, xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean Longwear lol, xoxo.

      Delete
    2. thank you lovely! :) ahhh really how do you find it? they have so many concealers I want to try them all but it would cost loads haha! xx

      Delete
    3. Oops sorry for the late reply, I really like it, it covers my very dark under-eye circles which were built up over the years due to having a child lol, xoxo.

      Delete
  8. I have been tempted to get this for a while and think i might go pick one up now! i LOVE the prep and prime powder by MAC but havent tried their concealers.
    thanks for the review
    b-e-a-u-t-y-t-u-t-o-r.blogspot.co.uk
    xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww do it hun! :) i'm sure you'll really like it! oooh i've never tried the prep and prime powder is it really good? :) xxx

      Delete
  9. I used this for like 6 years straight! Love it xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahhh me too! :) I saw you used it on your blog I think before I got it! :) xxx

      Delete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Replies
    1. thanks lovely! let me know if you give it ago! :) xx

      Delete

I really appreciate and read every single one of my comments, check back too because I reply to every single one, I figure you took the time to write me a comment so I should take the time to reply! (although it sometimes takes me a few days) if you have any specific enquiries or want to reach me sooner with a question feel free to email me gemmabullock@icloud.com. Thank you so much for your support x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Gem Bullock
Blogger Templates made by pipdig