Wednesday 6 February 2013

Pamper Night In - Essentials






Pamper Night In - Essentials

Hi everyone, today's post is a little different, I like to change it up and do something other than reviews once in a while and today I thought i'd talk about my favorite pampering night treats. I'm a massive girly girl as you may know and I like nothing better than having a pampering night where I can just have a bath, treat myself and it's one of the best ways I can think off too really relax and chill out. I think everyone should try and make sure that they have some 'me' time and look after yourself a bit so I thought i'd dedicate a whole post to it.
Firstly I always start off my pamper night by having a really hot bubble bath, I was stupid enough to forget to photograph my bubble bath which is the Soap and Glory 'Calm one, calm all' bubble bath, as the name suggests it leaves me feeling ridiculously calm and relaxed and is so creamy that it just makes me want to fall asleep. Alternatively if I really want to treat myself I will crack out my Lush collection and use one of their products to make my bath something special, the one photographed is the Lush Massage Bar in 112 Dream time, it contains ingredients such as jasmine, sandalwood, chamomile and lavender and is housed in a bar with the scent of cocoa butter which you all probably know is my favorite scent. This is a really relaxing scent and you can use a massage bar as a shampoo, a conditioner and also a bubble bath so a real star of a product. Depending on whether i'm having a relaxing bath or a relaxing shower I will also use Soap and Glory's 'Sugar Scrub' this is a scrub that contains brown sugar and sweet lime and it smells really good. You just scrub it all over yourself and it leaves you feeling ridiculously soft and refreshed and gets rid of all those dry skin cells.
I also like to try and look after my hair whilst i'm bathing or showering, the first thing I would do is use my normal shampoo and conditioner, probably my favorite one I've discovered recently would be the Aussie 3 minute miracle conditioner, I can't get enough of this product, it nourishes my hair, gets rid of knots and leaves it silky soft and shiny without weighing my hair down, it's fast become my holy grail hair care item. Also if i'm really trying to treat myself I will use an overnight mask or balm, the one i'm using at the moment is the Umberto Giannini 'Overnight Beauty Moisturizer Balm'.
Once I get out of the bath I really look forward to treating my skin and doing all my body care. I have quite a lot of choice in terms of body moisturizers, I have way too many in all honesty, I really like to use my Boots Extracts Cocoa Butter if I just want to really moisturize all my skin and feel soft and silky but I also like to use the Dove Summer Glow if I want to have moisture but also add a bit of a glow to my skin because this has a hint of self tanning ingredients in it which means you're left with a subtle tan and a bit of a glow if you use it frequently. The next thing I like to do is lather my feet in Soap and Glory's Heel Genius and put on a pair of thick socks so I can let it sink in over night and end up with silky, soft feet the next day.
The next thing I do is take care of my face and my skin care, during the most part of the week I like to use Simple Skincare, I use the cleanser, toner and moisturizer from that range simply due to the fact that I have really sensitive skin and this really works for me. On my pamper days though I like to use a cleanser that lathers up more and the Peaches and Clean cleanser from Soap and Glory which is a lovely face scrub that just clears impurities from my skin. Another step I will often take is to use my facial sauna which is a really good at home treatment, you fill the base with water wait for it to warm up and put your face over it for as long as you want, it's really relaxing and makes me super tired but it is also amazing for clearing out your pores, making your skin soft and making your skin glow, it's lovely. After I've done that I will often just spread some Blistex treatment over my lips to add extra moisture.
The last thing I like to pamper is my nails, I remove my nail varnish with the quickies nail varnish pads they remove nail varnish in one swipe and then I just a nail varnish of my choice and paint my nails in it. The one I've chosen in this post is the Revlon Nail Varnish in 185 Sweet Tart.
Last but not least there are a few more ingredients you need to make a perfect girly pampering/treat night, firstly you need chocolate (it's an essential), then some DVD's, my picks range from Ugly Betty to the Kardashians, to Gossip Girl and confessions of a shopaholic. I also like to chuck a book into the range 'You had me at hello' is new in the book charts and really cheap too! And lastly you need this weeks copy of Heat Magazine to fill you in on all the celeb gossip!
Hope you enjoy this post and gained some tips! Let me know your essentials for a pamper night! xx

SHARE:

38 comments

  1. Great post! Its so important to relax :) I'm doing a post like this soon, so hope you will stop by!

    India - The Jewel Beauty Blog |Beauty,Lifestyle & Fashion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I think so too! Got to make sure that you look after youself! :) thanks hun, yeah of course I will do! :) love reading these sort of posts :) xxx

      Delete
  2. Love posts like this! You've inspired me to have a pamper night tonight! xo

    chloesway.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thanks Chloe! :) yay, hope you had a nice pampering night xxx

      Delete
  3. I used to have a facial steamer and actually became addicted to it at one point, I would use it literally every day! ha

    This makes me want to go and get a new one as my old one broke and I miss steaming so much - I also add essential oils to the steam and it really helped me sleep and feel relaxed.

    www.SamuelJamesMorris.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha really?! you crazy person haha! they are addictive though, they feel soo good :) nice and relaxing! haha yeah go and do it, take the plunge! aww really? I've never used essential oils in it but I might give that ago, thank you for the tip! :) xx

      Delete
  4. Love your pamper night ideas, I'll definitely be getting some hints for my next one!

    Lindsey. x
    www.elegant-chaos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post!
    I love your idea of a pamper night!
    Hubbies watching England on TV so i now have a hair mask on & about to give myself a facial :)
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun! :)
      haha we were watching the England match over here last night too :( haha sucks! awww that sounds lovely though :) hope you felt all relaxed afterwards! xxx

      Delete
  6. I've always wanted to try a facial sauna, and Lush products are awesome. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww try it if you get the chance, you can actually pick them for quite cheap these days! yay I think everyone loves lush, thanks for reading :) xx

      Delete
  7. You've got me craving a pampering sesh now! I love relaxing to Ugly Betty :D x

    www.thefashionseason.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaa sorry! :) yay me too, nothing beats Ugly B! xxx

      Delete
  8. Really want to try the Soap & Glory sugar crush body scrub! zz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh do it :) it smells sooo good, really refreshing! :) xxx

      Delete
  9. you write so nice! :) love soap and glory products!! <3 <3

    http://stylingbyjong.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Jessica, no one has ever said that to me before! :) I love s&g too, can't get enough of them! xxx

      Delete
  10. confessions of a shopaholiiiic. <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have always wanted to try that steam facial machine. How is it? :) Love it!

    I love your blog! Specially the photos because they are so detailed and clear, I can really understand about your post. I followed you on GFC! Maybe you can come by mine too and maybe follow each other? :) Thank you for this post! I can't wait to read more of your posts. More power to you!

    XOXO
    Your new follower,
    www.MusingsofaMakeupMaven.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww :) yeah I really like it, find it relaxing and really know it's doing my skin some good! :) they do them quite cheap in some places too, definitely an investment!
      awww thank you so much :) I just got a new camera and I really love how detailed the photo's look now! thanks so much for the lovely comment and follow, means a lot xxx

      Delete
  12. This does sound like the perfect night in!! I love all the pink!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah it pretty much was :) love it! yay me too, made me feel girly straight away xo

      Delete
  13. Sounds like the perfect night in to me. I am a mad fan of soap and glory, I have the same scrub as you in my shower at the moment. I also use the heel genius almost every night on my feet. you've made me want to have a pamper night really soon :)
    I have followed you on GFC and hope you can drop by my blog and maybe follow if you like what you see.
    Angela x

    http://british-bargains-and-beauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! :) I really do love that scrub, perfect for the shower because it's just really refreshing so can use it whenever you want :) yay, gotta love heel genius :) thanks for the comment, i'll defo check your blog out too xxx

      Delete
  14. Love this post, pamper night in is definitely required sometime soon. I've heard mixed reviews on the s&g heel genius x

    Prettybugblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks my lovely :) yeah do it! :) ooh I think it's one of those products you either love or hate xxx

      Delete
  15. I love absolutely everything you have here! But Peaches and Clean is probably one of my favourites. Just like you, I love pamper nights! I think it's sp important to relax. P.S Confessions of a Shopaholic is one of the best films ever and I love Chuck Bass from Gossip Girl! Great post lovely xxx

    www.vanity-dollhouse.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thanks hun :) yeah, peaches and clean is just so lovely for the skin! :) yay, I think every girls got to pamper themselves once in a while :) oh my gosh me too, I just love chuck & blair sooo cute! xxx

      Delete
  16. Wow! What a pamper session you have put on for yourself here! Haha! Love it! :)

    http://throwmesomethingbeautiful.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I know I really did go all out haha, thanks hun! :) xxx

      Delete
  17. Awesome post! This sounds so relaxing and fun!!! It makes me feel like I should pay more attention to my down time, hehe!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Lorraine - beautifulyoul.blogspot.co.il

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe thank you Lorraine! :) yeah it's so lovely you always feel amazing after a pamper session haha yeah do it Hun! gotta look after yourself :) xxx

      Delete
  18. Thank you for following me sweet! :)

    Love this post!

    Chloe xxxxx

    www.underestimatethegirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Pampering yourself is so important I did a pamper post as well on my blog!

    wouls you like to check it out? and follow my blog if you like?

    I am following you now!

    dontcoralwithme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. You inspired me to have a pamper evening tonight! :) Lovely post xx

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate and read every single one of my comments, check back too because I reply to every single one, I figure you took the time to write me a comment so I should take the time to reply! (although it sometimes takes me a few days) if you have any specific enquiries or want to reach me sooner with a question feel free to email me gemmabullock@icloud.com. Thank you so much for your support x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Gem Bullock
Blogger Templates made by pipdig