Monday 11 February 2013

Home Decor Haul - Vintage Accessories









Bedroom Decorations - Dunelm & B&M

Hi Lovelies, Today my post is a little different, I haven't done many posts that differ from beauty and fashion but I went to Dunelm and B&M yesterday and picked up some new bits and bobs for my bedroom and seeming as my blog is called Gem's Beauty and I always promised to blog about all things beautiful, I thought i'd show you all and maybe it'll even give you some inspiration. I'm planning on redecorating my room and I want it to be really girly and vintage like so all of the bits and bobs I picked up are pretty much to that theme.

The first thing I picked up was a gorgeous jar from Dunelm, I'm actually thinking that this would make a great brush holder for my brushes and will look great on my dressing table. This is really well made and heavy and it's just simply white and has stones and pearls embellished around the top, I really like this & think it's super cute. I think it was £4.99 too which is quite a good deal. It actually says on the website that you can use it as a candle holder too which is pretty cool! You can find it on the website here.

The next thing I picked up was this glass jar, I just thought it was super cute, it has a tiny fake ivory gala around it which adds a lovely pop of color and then has some silky ribbon tied around it and two plastic hearts dangling from the ribbon too. I think this is a really decorative piece and will look nice around my room. It's from the Wedding Collection at dunelm, (like most of the pieces I picked out actually) and is also a candle holder, you can pick it up for the really good price of £3.99 here.

The next thing I picked up was this really lovely diamante love letter ornament, it really caught my eye, I've always liked the 'love' and 'hope' ornaments but the reason this one in particular stood out for me was due to the fact it has some diamante detailing, it just seemed to make it look more detailed and stand out and be more of a 'feature' I guess, so I thought it was gorgeous. This was a really good price too at £4.99 and you can pick it up in black or white here.

The next thing I picked up was something really random, i've never ever been interested in room and linen sprays and I think i've always thought that they were targeted at older audiences but I was smelling some whilst I waited for mum and I fell in love with this one, it literally smells so amazing and is so refreshing, every single time I go in my room I have to spray some more, this one is the Jasmine and Ylang Ylang scent, I don't think i've ever been a massive fan of Jasmine but this smells pretty awesome, it's a floral sweet scent but not overpowering and just really refreshing and calming. The scent comes in a lovely glass bottle with a pump too so it's really nice to have on display and I just had to have it because it was a bargain at £2.99, they do lots of other scents too, I know they do a vanilla one mixed with amber and a cotton and water lily one which also smelled amazing but I made myself stick to one! You can again pick this up on the website here.
The next thing I picked up were these 3 hearts, they're all slightly different but they all have ribbon on the top and I think they will make a really nice decorative piece on one of my more plain walls. I have also seen some people hang things like this off their wardrobe doors or just any door handles so I thought they could work nicely for that as well. Again I picked up these 3 hearts from the Wedding Collection haha my rooms going to end up looking like a wedding reception! But anyway you could pick up all of the hearts separately so it's good if you only want one or if you pick up a couple you can mix and match your favorites. The first one I picked up was the crystal flower heart hanger, it's on a piece of wire and is just filled with different shape crystals and jewels, I really like it and I picked up the medium size one which retails at £4.79 here which I think is quite fair. 
The next one I picked up was the flower heart this one is again just flowers on a wire, this one is a little different because I picked up a cream one, it's got lovely little pearl hearts on it and has a lovely finish on it. It also has a lovely cream ribbon on which will make hanging it up really easy. It was fairly expensive at £4.99 but I jsut thought it was lovely, again you can pick it up here. The last one I picked up was really small and dainty I went for the bead heart hanger in the size small which meant it was only £1.99, bargain! this one is really cute and I thought a smaller one would compliment the bigger two that I got, it has lovely silver and pearl beads on it and I just thought it was super cute! This one is avaliable here.

The last thing I picked up from Dunelm was this rose gala, now let me just tell you this picture really doesn't do this product justice at all. All of the roses on this gala have a really cute glitter on them and like tear drops of sparkle on them as well as beads. They are on a really long white bendy kind of wire and you can you have the gala straight or you can bend it which is really cute. It would look lovely around a mirror or a fireplace and is such a fairytale feature. It's again from the Wedding Collection (haha I know!) and is just soo cool. They also do the roses individually for 99p and they had a clear vase filled with them and it looked so pretty and they also do a spray, which is obviously a nice idea for fake flowers. Now this was quite pricey at £7.99 but I just loved it, I think it helped to tie everything together and was just so lovely! If you go on the website here and zoom in you can see it in all it's beauty! I love it.

The last thing I picked up was from B&M, I don't know how popular B&M is or if it's a national thing I just know that they have a store in my area which is like bargain central! I picked up this gorgeous wooden photo frame from there for a bargain price of £5.99 this is so lovely, it looks like there is a collage of photo frames and they're all different shapes and sizes. I really liked that this already has loads of pictures of hearts in and it just made it look really pretty and I don't have to worry too much about filling it if I don't want too. They don't have this exact one on their website but they had loads in my local B&M so if you have one near by you should go and check that out!

Hope you liked this post, I know it was a little different but I thought it was quite nice to change things up a little bit. Let me know if you enjoyed it or not in the comment section below & I'll definitely show you my room once it's finished and I have all my new stuff together! xxx


SHARE:

27 comments

  1. These are really cool! I'm in student halls now but when I have my own apartment or house I'm going to pack it out with vintage items like this!

    www.SamuelJamesMorris.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Samuel! :) awww really? yeah i bet you can't do much to your uni room! yeah do it :) there is some well lush vintages stuff around! :) xxx

      Delete
  2. It's all so lovely, the hearts are so cute and love the candle holders

    lazy2lovely.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab post. I've just discovered dunelm mill, they have some lovely stuff. Love these hearts very stylish x

    Prettybugblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh really? yeah they have loads of stuff! i haven't been in there for years but found so much stuff when I just went in there! :) thanks hun xxx

      Delete
  4. I jsut found your blog and I really like it!! Good job (=

    Maria xx

    craftyowl93.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love interior posts! Shabby chic is the best thing ever. Thank you for sending me your link in the bbloggers chat xx

    www.charissarae.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh thanks Charissa! :) yeah I agree, I really like it! no problem hun :) xxx

      Delete
  6. I really like you Rose Gala it's so pretty I really want it now! I think I'll probably get this for my house! :D xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahh, I like the photoframe, lovely post :-)

    // jade by the sea

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking at all those lovely things is making me so excited about Valentines on Thursday! Woo!
    I used to hate it when my nan dragged me to Dunelm Mill when I was younger.

    New follower here :)

    www.the-fashion-underdog.blogspot.co.uk
    Emma
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooooh I know! It's so close now :) hahaha yes so did I, I haven't been in there since I was little but I remember hating being dragged in there, but I actually didn't mind it this time haha! thanks for the follow too lovely :) xxx

      Delete
  9. love hearts, roses, vintage jars and I'm sold, absolutely love all these products. The jars would be lovely candle holders, just so cute and not just for valentines :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww thank you! :) I know the candle holders are lovely i'm using the one as a makeup brush holder actually & really like it so far! xxx

      Delete
  10. wow, that looks sooo lovely and so is your blog.i just came across.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. The photo frame is gorgeous! I LOVE B&M for home decor, always guarenteed to pick up a bargain xx
    zarasbeautyblog.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thanks :) yeah me too, you can always grab such a good deal & good quality stuff too! :) xxx

      Delete
  12. Really love your choice of deco, fabulous

    xoxox
    judith

    http://greatlittlefinds.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  13. i'm in love with them all

    http://amymika.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love those flowers!
    Newest follower! Isobel x
    http://www.twoloveslondon.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. hi, i just bought some room organisation stuff too. im in student accomadation this year but i can wait to decorate my new room next year and in my new room at home. i made a blog post on the things i bought to please please check it out? im only just starting out so any feedback would be great. I'm loving your blog as well!
    Louisa xx

    www.theshadowofarose.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Gem. I love your idea. It is my inspiration for bathroom. So cute, girly, fresh. Super helpful post. I am your new follower!!
    xoxo Nika

    http://makeupbysparkle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate and read every single one of my comments, check back too because I reply to every single one, I figure you took the time to write me a comment so I should take the time to reply! (although it sometimes takes me a few days) if you have any specific enquiries or want to reach me sooner with a question feel free to email me gemmabullock@icloud.com. Thank you so much for your support x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Gem Bullock
Blogger Templates made by pipdig