Tuesday 18 September 2012

Real techniques powder brush


Hi my lovelies!

Today my post is going to be about something that is highly discussed within the blogging world, the Real Techniques brushes. Everyone and their neighbour knows about these brushes and unless you’ve been living on Mars for the last year I’m sure you’ve heard of them. Samantha Chapman, one half of Pixiwoo has created brushes. The thing with the fact that Samantha created this brushes is the fact that because she’s a makeup artist and because she’s created tutorials on you tube she knows what makes a good makeup brush and therefore she has all of the tools and knowledge to create some awesome brushes, and that’s what she did. I’m not going to go in to too much detail about the brush collection, simply due to the fact that everyone’s already heard all about them and the last thing I want to do is bore everyone.

The brush I’m going to be talking about today is the ‘Powder Brush’, the reason I wanted to do a rave about this brush is simply due to the fact that I’ve heard literally nothing about it within the blogging community, which I find really strange, I think people underestimate the power of a good power brush and people would rather talk about the Stippling Brush or Buffing Brush that can help you to achieve a flawless finish with your foundation. People forget that powder is an important part of your foundation routine, it’s what sets your makeup and keeps it lasting all day and therefore a good brush can really help you to achieve a really natural flawless face too. The reason I know that the Real Techniques powder brush hasn’t had a lot of loving in the blogging world is because I was watching some pixiwoo videos and was amazed by how big and fluffy this brush looked, I then looked for some reviews and to be honest there wasn’t ¼ as as many for this brush compared to the other brushes in the collection and I have no idea why, it’s definitely been neglected.



 


Let me just start by saying that this brush is FANTASTIC, I have never in my life felt a smoother or softer brush, I am sat here now rubbing it on my face because it is literally so soft, it feels like an absolute dream, it’s just a beautiful brush. It’s big and fluffy, bigger and fluffier than any other powder brush, it is at least twice the size of every single other powder brush I have in my collection and it’s just great. This brush does everything I want it to do and more, I felt with my powder brushes previously that they either picked up way too much product making me look extremely cakey or too little product so that I had too keep swirling my brush in the powder for ages just for it to be absorbed by the brush. This brush is also made of synthetic hairs and therefore it is completely animal and cruelty free which is a massive plus for me and above all of that it is cheap (£12.99 for a brush of this quality is an absolute steal) and it’s just fantastic in every single way. I love it, I could literally rave about it all day, it washes easily, dries quickly and then also doesn’t shed and it’s like heaven for your face. Also the brush is fairly dense for a powder brush so I don’t have to work too hard with it, and it’s also perfect for bronzing your whole face (although too big for contour) and dusting highlighter and bronzer on to the cheek bones because of how big it was. I have no idea why the blogging world hasn’t given this brush the hype it deserves, after trying both this and the stippling brush from Real Techniques I would say that this one kicks the stippling brush up the ass and just made me want to buy the whole core collection of brushes.



Seriously massive love for this brush, go and get this! Also Boots at the moment are having a buy one get one half price sale on all Real Techniques brushes so it’s an even better deal. I very much recommend this brush to you guys, it’s seriously the most soft and gorgeous brush ever. Major loving it.

Lots of Love
Gem
xxxx

SHARE:

12 comments

  1. I adore this brush! It's soooo soft!:D xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it's absolutely gorgeous, I'm in love <3

      Delete
  2. Great review, and thank you for your lovely comment - following you too!
    x
    katelilydaze.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you hun! do love your blog :) xxx

      Delete
  3. Really good review of this brush! I have this in my collection and reach for it literally every day. Good tip about the offer in Boots too, always happy to add to my brush collection :) xo

    http://stargazyeyes.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, some one else who loves it as much as I do! I don't think I'll ever go back to another powder brush after using this one, it's simply amazing. Aww thank you, I think the offer might have ended now, I emailed boots to ask them the date it would end but they said it was just whilst stocks last :( thank you for the lovely comment! Xxx

      Delete
  4. i seriously need some new brushes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww bless you, this is a really good option for a new brush!

      Delete
  5. ahh i have this one! it's so soft isn't it?! I love it, but it is just huge!! I would have liked it a bit smaller as my powders are smaller than this brush but i still like it all the same, so worth the money!!

    glitter-about-town.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh my gosh, soft isn't even the word?! it's the most gorgeous thing ever. I agree with you I think it is perhaps a bit too big for a powder brush, it covers like my whole face D: but it is such a nice brush either way! thank you for the nice comment :) xx

      Delete
  6. That's interesting to note no one's really talked about it in the blogging community, but I'm glad you made a post on it. I found it extremely helpful, and that brush looks amazing. I'll be purchasing this now thanks to you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah it's weird that nobody's really mentioned it, awww :) thank you my love! glad my opinion has opened your eyes to a new product xx

      Delete

I really appreciate and read every single one of my comments, check back too because I reply to every single one, I figure you took the time to write me a comment so I should take the time to reply! (although it sometimes takes me a few days) if you have any specific enquiries or want to reach me sooner with a question feel free to email me gemmabullock@icloud.com. Thank you so much for your support x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Gem Bullock
Blogger Templates made by pipdig