Thursday 6 September 2012

Sunday Shopping Haul

Hi Lovely Ladies!

Today I’ve got a little haul for you, on Sunday I had a day of work and so me and my mum decided to hit the shops to do a bit of shopping and browsing. On Monday it was 2 of my best friends birthday’s, so I was going out clubbing and therefore I wanted to get an outfit for that and in the end I picked up a few beauty bits too. Everything I brought was a fair bargain though so I thought I’d show you what I picked up.
Firstly I went to New Look, because I was looking for a new dress to hit the town in, I’m really into the “Skater Dress” trend and therefore I picked up this really cute blue skater dress, I really like it because the colour is so bright and I think this is one of the styles of dress that literally just flatters everyone, plus for a night out it is nice to have a massive pop of colour, it helps you to stand out. The best thing about this dress is the fact that I actually picked it up for a bargain price of £14.99 which is actually really cheap for New Look and I would expect them to be selling out quite quickly, so if you want one go online or run to your store sometime fast, they also have this dress in red and black, and I’m quite tempted to get the other 2 after loving the fit, plus it came with a nice studded belt, which is a nice accessory, this dress is perfect to be worn down during the day and then dressed up with lots of glittery accessories for the night and therefore for me it is such a great buy.


The next thing I needed for my perfect going out outfit was some shoes, I mooched around New Look looking for some but if I’m honest I couldn’t find any that I really fell in love with and I always think that some of the New Look shoes are quite overpriced so therefore I decided against it. I was in Primark looking around for some cute but cheap accessories (later to come girls) and I found the nicest pair of black platform shoes, they were literally to die for. The shoes are so so so high with a little black platform at the front and a massive heel, but the thing that drew me most to them was the fact that they came with some straps, I have a massive hard time managing to keep heels on my feet so for ease of a steady walk I decided that these shoes would be really good. I liked how good quality these shoes actually looked, especially as they were from Primark and on the night several girls came up to me and asked me where I got them (score) so I know that I wasn’t the only one who thought they looked good. The best thing about Primark shoes is Primark prices and I got this lovely pair of shoes for a bargain £15.99 which I was really happy with. The only thing I would say about these shoes is that they absolutely murdered my feet and I swear that even now 3 days later my feet are still suffering haha, I’m worried that they’ll never recover, but in the name of all things fashion I will power on.



Next in Primark I wanted to get some accessories that I could wear with my dress, I wanted to go quite simple with my accessories simply due to the fact that I’m the kind of girl who normally ends up looking like a glitter ball, I love bling and anything sparkly way to much, and it’s not until I look back at photo’s that I realise how much of a Christmas tree I look like and therefore my aim this time was to keep very low clear, with only a little bit of sparkle allowed. This is when I found a lovely set of earrings and a matching bracelet, for a bargain price and therefore had to have them. First I picked up these gold studs, they’re pretty big and quite sparkly but because they’re studs I think they kind of work. These cost me either 2 or 3 pounds, I can’t remember the exact price but they’re bound to be no more than that because Primark don’t charge much for their earrings, I thought these would look great with pinned up hair. Next I found the matching gold bangle/bracelet, I love this bracelet, it clips as you put it around your wrist meaning it was so secure, which I love because when I’ve had one to many I’m always scared of loosing my jewellery but this fitted really well, also it gave me a matching bit of sparkle without looking over the top at all, this bracelet was actually £4.00 which is slightly  more expensive but still quite cheap. The last thing I picked up at Primark were some of their fake lashes, I’ve read a few blog posts where people seem to rave about these lashes and seeming as they were so cheap when I saw them lined up at the till I thought I’d give them a go, because for £1.00 why not? So far they look good quality and I think they will look really nice on the eye. I didn’t actually wear these on Monday because frankly I was way to scared to ruin my eye makeup, especially when it was looking so nice, but I’ll do a face of the day post soon and I’ll definitely feature these if you want to see them!


The last place I went to after my bank balance had received a massive hit was the Revlon Colour Stay foundation from boots, this foundation set me back around £12.49 which is quite a lot of money. I brought this foundation around a year ago and remember really liking it but it ran out super quick because unfortunately Revlon don’t provide a pump with this foundation (such a pet hate of mine) and therefore I kept wasting lots of product. Recently I’ve been wanting to try it again because I remember really loving it and I don’t ever know why I didn’t really go and repurchase it. But actually this time it’s been a foundation that’s really disappointed me, but this may be because I picked up a different formula this time, switching to try the oily to combination skin type, which is my skin type but this time it is just not working for me. I’ll give a full review and swatches over the next few days if anyone wants to read it though?

Anyway thanks for reading my small haul & thanks for your continued support
Lots of Love
Gem xxx
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. omg i falling in love with that dress such a pretty colour and so pretty :D great blog

    http://89lisa.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww yeah it is a lovely colour, thanks hun :) I'll check your blog out ASAP! Xxx

      Delete
  2. I love EVERYTHING you bought!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks my lovely, I was quite pleased my self haha! Xx

      Delete
  3. I love all the stuff you've brought, especially the dress!
    Maybe you could check out my blog and follow me, I've followed you xx
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you hun :) yeah of course! I'll check your blog out ASAP :) xxx

      Delete

I really appreciate and read every single one of my comments, check back too because I reply to every single one, I figure you took the time to write me a comment so I should take the time to reply! (although it sometimes takes me a few days) if you have any specific enquiries or want to reach me sooner with a question feel free to email me gemmabullock@icloud.com. Thank you so much for your support x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Gem Bullock
Blogger Templates made by pipdig