Sunday 30 September 2012

Monthly Favourites


Hi everyone,

Can’t believe its nearly October, I seriously think that this year has absolutely flown by, it doesn’t seem 2 minutes since I turned 18 last December and this year just seems to have been one big blur of partying haha. Anyway, today my post is going to simply be some monthly favourites, I quite like reading these on other blogs, probably because I’m really nosey but I like seeing products that people enjoy using. Actually before I get on to the post I just wanted to say sorry for being missing from my blog for the last week, if I’m honest I kind of had a bit of blogger writing block and couldn’t really think of anything worth posting about, I sometimes think that some bloggers blog for the sake of blogging and I want my blog posts to be quality over quantity, and secondly I’ve had a bit of a mad week, it seems to have gone so quick that I haven’t really had a second to sit down and write, but as I’m watching X - factor now and I’m not up to much I thought this would be the perfect time to buckle on down and do some writing (sorry for the massive ramble there!)

Anyway my monthly favourites this month are a fix of some new products that I’ve been trying out over the last few weeks and a few old staples that could probably feature in my monthly favourites for ever and ever.

1) Simple Rich Moisturiser 2) Rimmel Fix and Perfect Pro Primer 3) MUA pressed powder – shade 1 4) Simple soothing facial toner 5) Simple clarifying cleansing lotion 6) Bourjois Bronzer 7) Soap and Glory love at first blush blusher 8) Real Techniques Powder Brush  9) Natural Collection Mascara 10) Revlon Colourstay Foundation

Simple Skincare
The first 3 products I’m going to be talking about are these Simple products, this has changed my skincare routine completely and really cheaply as well, I recently picked up the Simple Rich Moisturiser, the Simple soothing facial toner and the Simple clarifying cleansing lotion as there was a deal in my local Tesco’s store that you could purchase any 3 simple products for £5.00! what a bargain, I decided to stick to what I know and buy products that allowed me to stick to my faithful cleanse, tone, moisturise steps. And wow, do these deliver. The problem I have with some skincare is that I actually feel it is too harsh for my skin, I feel that I’m buying a toner that is literally burning off the top layer of my skin and I don’t like it. Which is probably why I love simple products so much, they have the best ethics of any skincare brand I know, they want to be kind to the skin and they create products that are fragrance and cruelty free so that you’re skin just feels nicer and doesn’t get damaged by using these products, these are also fantastic products for anyone with sensitive skin. Firstly the cleansing lotion is great for making sure your skin is really clean and feels super nice, but I would say that if you’re looking for a product that is going to get rid of all your makeup then this is not really it, I love this product but I have to take my makeup off with a face wipe first and then just use this to deep down clean my face as I feel like it’s not the best at getting rid of tough eye makeup and I’d be using a lot of excess product. The next of the products is the soothing toner and I think this could possibly be my favourite, this product doesn’t dry out your skin or sting like any other toners I’ve ever tried it just cleans and refreshes the skin and I would definitely say it has soothing effects although I don’t know how or why I think this. The last of the Simple products is the rich moisturiser, it goes on to your face completely clear and dries really quickly but lasts such a long time, it claims on the box that it will keep your skin moisturised for up  to 12 hours and I don’t know if I’d agree with that but it definitely keeps my skin moisturised for much longer than other moisturisers I’ve tried and for the price I would say that all of these 3 products are a steal – even when they’re not on offer.

Rimmel Fix and Protect Pro Primer
I’ve spoke about this primer in my last blog post which you can see below so I’m not going to go into huge amounts of detail, but this is a fantastic high street primer, it mattes the skin and makes it smooth and really does work and keep your makeup on for a lot longer. Probably the best primer I’ve ever tried and a primer I will continue to repurchase for a very long time.



Bourjois Delice De Poudre Peaux Bronzer
The next product I’m going to be talking about is the Bourjois Bronzer, I can’t actually say enough good things about this, this could be in my monthly favorites forever, I absolutely adore it. I’ve had this exact same product for years, I think I brought it when I was in year 10?! To aid my foundation and make me look even more orange than I was haha, but I always loved how amazing this product was and I still use it today, it smells gorgeous, almost has a chocolately smell and it gives you such a nice bronzed glow but you never look over the top, it’s just a gentle sun kissed glow, it’s just such a beautiful product, it’s light but gives you just enough product to make a slight difference, it has an almost sheen to it which means that it makes your skin look absolutely divine. Ahhh I’m in love with it, this product is so affordable and is the best bronzer I’ve ever tried, in actual fact I haven’t really tried that many more because I don’t feel the need too. It’s ace and it’s lasted me literally for years with every day use, it’s actually lasted me a good 3 years?! What the hell! So affordable and so ace, I haven’t hit pan after all this time and I do love the sunkissed glow, perfect for all seasons and for all skin tones, it’s just great! Seriously all time favorite product right here.

Soap and Glory – Love at First Blush
This is a product that I’ve had for quite a while now, I’ve kind of had a love/hate relationship with it but now I’ve got used to it and found the best way to use it, it gets a massive thumbs up for me. This blusher has quite a lot of sheen to it, but the color is gorgeous, you have to swirl your brush in all of the colors and this then leaves you with a  pretty pink color that is just to die for, but when the color hits the light it has quite a lot of sheen to it and a tad too much shine for me, I have quite oily skin and large pores on my cheeks and too much of this product just seemed to exaggerate this but now I use this on good skin days or I use it to highlight the top of my cheekbones or use it over my bronzer and it works amazingly as that. I love how individual the colour is and how pretty this looks in the packaging.



Real Techniques Powder Brush
I also recently did a review on this powder brush about 2 posts ago so you can go and check that out below so I’m not going to go into massive amount of details but one of the best brushes I’ve ever used in my life. It’s big, it’s fluffy and it’s soooo soft, it’s ace, It really does work for me and I can’t imagine ever needing another powder brush after using this one. My only nig would be that it is slightly big for powder, but then again that’s probably what makes my powder look more natural and helps me get such a light dusting.

Natural Collection Lash Curl Mascara
This is another bargain find which is great for those people on a budget, I picked this mascara up on a whim a few months ago and I actually really enjoy it, I think the reason for this is simply due to the fact that it’s a really nice color, I picked it up in brown/black by accident and I love it! I have brown eyes and therefore this shade actually really suits them and brings them out, I like the fact that this holds a great curl within my lashes, lengthens them and is also quite a wet formula so therefore doesn’t ever get clumpy no matter how much I put on. Such a great product and for so cheap too.


MUA pressed powder
The next thing that I have been loving for quite a while now actually is the MUA pressed powder in shade one, I think this is such a great product, I’ve tried quite a few powders in my time some high end and some drug store and to be honest this is one of the best I’ve tried and it’s only £1.00?! crazy, the shade selection is quite rubbish though I think there’s only 3 or 4 shades but for the price what can you expect, I love this, it keeps my makeup in place but doesn’t go cakey and always looks super natural, the packaging is fairly good too and perfect for on the go touch up’s. Seriously ace product and so cheap it’s almost unbelievable!


Revlon Colorstay Foundation
This is another product I’ve had my up’s and down’s with, when I had quite clear skin when I first brought this foundation I really didn’t like it, it looked cakey and over the top and it didn’t make my skin look flawless at all, but now that my skins got drier as it’s colder outside and I’ve needed more coverage I actually really like this foundation, this is a foundation that really needs to be buffed into the skin so I find the Real Techniques Stippling Brush does a great job of blending this in and making it look less cakey. I love how this foundation covers blemishes when built up and also lasts a really long time. Great foundation for the winter months.

Hope you enjoyed this post, thanks for reading
What are your monthly favourites?
Lots of Love - Gem xxx

SHARE:

35 comments

  1. Love the packaging on that love at first blush product :)

    Lovely blog! Would love if you could check mine out and maybe follow each other  http://champagnelambinibudget.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it looks nice :) but it is cardboard so I'm scared it'll fall apart haha! :) yeah will do! Xxxx

      Delete
  2. I love simple skincair! Grea post :)

    http://heidi-likes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah me too, it's just really good stuff without all the faffing about haha just simple and nice :) thanks Hun! Xxx

      Delete
  3. nice post:) I really want to test your foundation :)) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you :) yeah give it ago! It's really good actually :) x

      Delete
  4. I purchased the simple lotion and I really hated it
    but that maybe because it was not moisturizing enough for my dry skin i really love that revelon foundation though if I don't use my Mac one I use that
    follow me and I will follow you
    thecloudgalaxy@ blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh really? I have quite oily skin so it's just the amount of moisture for me, but if I had dry I don't think it would be as good! Yeah revlon colorstay is really good! I have the mac as well, sometimes think its a bit too heavy for every day :) thank you! I'll check yours out asap xxx

      Delete
  5. Nice favourites. I'm jealous of your real techniques brush. I've been dying to try them out. I love the pixiwoo sisters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you :) awww they are seriously so good! you should invest at some point ;) I'm in love! Xxx

      Delete
  6. My Superdrug just set up their MUA stand and I've been debating checking out their pressed powders as I seem to have a love/hate relationship with my current one. I'll have to go find it now. Thanks!

    http://beautyproductsforme.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww :) yeah as I said I would highly recommend it and for a pound even if you hate it you haven't really lost anything :p the only thing is the shade selections pretty naff! Xxx

      Delete
  7. I love the simple brand...the makeup remover wipes are my favorite at the moment!

    http://jessriv91.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh yet to have tried their wipes yet but might have to give them a go now you've said that :) they really are a good brand and so affordable too! Xxxx

      Delete
  8. I really want to try the soap and glory blush! x

    xelliealicex.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh do it, especially whilst there's a 3 for 2 on at boots ;) xxx

      Delete
  9. Thank you for this. I like the simple brand too. Very few of the brands I actually trust.
    Followed.

    thebooknessblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks hun! :) yeah me too, they have such amazing ethics as a brand! Xxx

      Delete
  10. real techniques powder brush is sooo soft! i also love the simple brand too :) especially their awesome makeup wipes!

    vickyhoang.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww i know, it's so soft it's amazing! :) yeah me too! that's the second person to recommend these wipes so i'm going to have too try them out! xxx

      Delete
  11. I really wish I could get RT brushes in my country! =(...cute blog btw.. just started following!! Would love if you could check mine out? Perhaps we could follow each other =)

    http://aaperception.blogspot.ca/

    Farha
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh gosh you can't?! you could try Ebay, yeah i'll check your blog out as soon as possible :)thank you xxx

      Delete
  12. Ooh, I really love having a nose at everyone's monthly favourites, too, really interesting to see which products other bloggers are loving at the moment. I just bought a new mattifying primer, but after seeing your comments on the Rimmel one, I wish I'd tried that, instead!
    I absolutely adore Simple products, I have to admit :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha me too, i love seeing what products people think are good! it helps me decide what to spend my momey on haha. awww yeah do it when your new one runs out, really love it! xxx

      Delete
  13. I love Soap & Glory but here in Germany I have never seen cosmetic products, just skincare!
    The blush looks so beautiful and i wish I could try it!

    I really like your blog and I'm a new follower now :3
    I would be so happy if you would come and visit mine as well :)

    xoxo
    Alenija

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i think we've only just recently had soap and glory cosmetics released into the UK, so hopefully in a few months they'll make there way to Germany! awwww :) yeah of course i'll check yours out asap xxx

      Delete
  14. Love at First Blush is amazing! And I love Simple's toner :) great picks x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah I know, it gives my cheek such a lovely glow! awww thank you hun! xx

      Delete
  15. Great post! and very detailed :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love simple products, so cheap but yet so good xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah you're completely right there! nice to find something cheap that works! xx

      Delete
  17. JUst found your blog and loved it! :) I have that same bourjois bronzer and it doesn't really works for me. I have oily skin but I can control it very well with religious skincare regimen, everytime I use that bronzer I get clogged pores on my cheeks because of the TALC it has in the ingredients. That makes me really sad as I also love the glow it gives me, because I have almost flawless skin I use on top of moisturizer just to give me that nice sun kissed color.

    xoxo
    Nexinha
    diariodeumabeautyjunkie.blogspot.com (international Cargo giveaway :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww thanks hun! it's a shame that the bronzer doesn't work for you :( it sucks when that happens and you actually like the product, I used to have quite oily skin and I didn't really like it then, neglected it for a long time but now i'm more combination I can wear it! thank you for the blog link too :) will be sure to visit xxx

      Delete
  18. I also use the bourjois bronzer and I really love it. It's the only bronzer that gives me a nice finish look without getting a oily skin.

    ooh and I love your blog...check out mine and follow. I definetly follow you back :)


    www.charmingnancy.blogspot.com xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate and read every single one of my comments, check back too because I reply to every single one, I figure you took the time to write me a comment so I should take the time to reply! (although it sometimes takes me a few days) if you have any specific enquiries or want to reach me sooner with a question feel free to email me gemmabullock@icloud.com. Thank you so much for your support x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Gem Bullock
Blogger Templates made by pipdig