Tuesday 9 October 2012

Maybelline colour tattoo


Hi Everyone,
I've been away from the blogging world for just over a week now (I know, bad blogger alert). I've had quite a busy week, my nan got rushed to hospital so i've been doing the family thing for a while, the good news is that she's on the road to recovery and therefore i've finally found the time to get some blogging in and I promise I have a pack load of posts planned for the upcoming weeks to make up for my absence.
Firstly i've got another review for you, this one is about the maybelline color tattoo's, I picked up this last week when I found out that Boots had a 3 for 2 offer on all makeup (damn you Boots!) and therefore i had to pick up some things that i've been lusting after for a while. I knew that i'd wanted to try the maybelline color tatto's for a while, with their claims being that they could last 24 hours and the blogging world constantly on about them being a dupe of the famous mac paintpots. For some reason or another I always found an excuse not to buy these little beauties, but boy I wish I'd brought them sooner.


The two color's I decided to pick up was firstly the shade in 'on and on bronze' and secondly the one in 'eternal gold' they are both gorgeous shades. Out of all of the 8 shades I decided on these two simply due to the fact that they are the most wearable of shades and I felt like these two cream eyeshadows were going to be the best at working as eyeshadow bases. 'On and on Bronze' is a gorgeous brown colour but it seems to have a nice sheen about it that you could almost say has silver undertones, which I love because I feel like that is the perfect shade for my eye color. 'Eternal Gold' is a lovely highlight color, I think it is a bit too bright for an every day look, but it is great for highlighting the brow bone or the inner corner of the eye and that's what i've been wearing it for. I would suggest that 'On and on bronze' is the star out of the two shades though.
As for the actual eyeshadow I love the texture of them, being a cream they are so easy to apply and you can just do it with your fingers in the morning without having to rush around with brushes and lots of blending. I also feel that I can wear these two colors together by blending them with my fingers and you don't actually need to add a lot of eyeshadow on top, although I know that these would make ace bases as well. I love the packaging of these products too, they feel quite luxurious, i'm not actually sure if the containers or glass or plastic but either way they have a good weight about them and feel nice and sturdy.
As for the claim's that these last 24 hours I wouldn't know, but only because I don't wear makeup for 24 hours but I've worn them for the whole day and they haven't faded or creased and if you swatch these on your hand they are like impossible to get off, so they definitely have amazing staying power.

Overall, I would really rate these color tattoo's they are an ace product and they really do perform.
Have you tried the color tattoo's?
Thanks for reading
Lots of Love
Gem xxx
SHARE:

17 comments

  1. Beautiful colours! :)

    www.rebekasbeautyworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, yeah they really are! They come out so so pigmented too! I was like woaaaaaah! Xxx

      Delete
  2. I need to get those!! they are lovely!!
    I like your blog and how well you describe things :)
    I'm following you :D

    http://tonnomura.blogspot.com/

    Please visit mine and I hope we can be blogging buddies :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are really lovely :) definately give them a try if you have the chance, thanks for all the lovely feedback, I'll check your blog out as soon as possible :) xxxx

      Delete
  3. I haven't tried these yet- but you've swayed me! I've been loving converting to mainly drug store products, I've found so many gems. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww :) thanks hun! yeah me too, they're such great value for money and you get find some really great products! xx

      Delete
  4. I want to try these...I have heard so much about them but they are still unavailable in my town:(



    Join the Insane Blog hop

    I would love if you entered my giveaway:)
    ViVi Clothes Giveaway-Internationally Open

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww no :( could you order them offline?!
      yeah i will check our your give away asap :) xxx

      Delete
  5. Nice shades, I like the darker one!
    Hey what about following each other? Visit my blog and let me know, it would be great to keep in touch!
    XOXO
    Ylenia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah me too, the on and on bronze one is the nicer out of the two! :)
      yeah i will check out your blog asap :) xxx

      Delete
  6. I was at the drugstore the other day swatching all the colours. they really are comparable to mac paint pots. I'm just waiting for a sale then I'm going to get Tough as Taupe and Bad to the Bronze.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooooh yeah, i've heard they are so so similar but i haven't tried a mac paintpot yet, yeah :) do it, i want to try tough as taupe but they were out of it when I got these ones, so I ended up with eternal gold instead! x

      Delete
  7. thank you!! yeah of course :) i'll check your blog out now xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ive heard great things about these, i must put them on my to do list :) xkirstyx

    http://pearlypinkpeach.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah they really are great! they were on my to do list for ages but so happy i finally found an opportunity to get them! :) thanks for the blog link hun xx

      Delete

I really appreciate and read every single one of my comments, check back too because I reply to every single one, I figure you took the time to write me a comment so I should take the time to reply! (although it sometimes takes me a few days) if you have any specific enquiries or want to reach me sooner with a question feel free to email me gemmabullock@icloud.com. Thank you so much for your support x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Gem Bullock
Blogger Templates made by pipdig