Thursday 11 October 2012

Rimmel London Kate Moss Lipstick - Shade 101 Review


Hi Lovely Ladies,

Today’s post is going to be about one of the new lipsticks that has been released into the Kate Moss Lipstick collection by Rimmel London. Actually my first ever review on my blog was of three of the Kate Moss Lipsticks that I had collected so I thought it would be quite interesting to pick up another one and give you my two cents on it.
There has now been an Autumn collection of these lipsticks which features 5 new shades that are completely matte. The new collection features a different kind of packaging with the black plastic casing being changed for the bright red lipstick casing which I personally feel fits in with the branding of Kate Moss and Rimmel London a lot better. The new lipsticks are available in shade 101, which is a light pink that I have too show you today but there is also a purple, another light dusty pink, a coral and a nude shade as well.
After looking at all of the shades I decided that the one I was most likely to wear was shade 101, so that’s the one I picked up, I got it within the 3 for 2 offer at Boots with my 2 maybelline colour tattoo’s that I blogged about a few days ago so it was actually quite a good deal but I think each of these lipsticks retail at £5.49 each which is a really good bargain.




(Sorry about the rubbish lip swatch I couldn't get the lighting quite right)


Shade 101 is a really nice, light, dusty pink and I feel like it is the perfect neutral colour to wear on the lips every day, I feel that this lipstick is one of those shades that you could suggest is the shade of my natural lips but just a bit better. It’s great if you have a lot going on your eyes and want to go for a more simple and classic lip or it’s perfect for school or work so I really like it.
One thing that I would comment on about these lipsticks is the fact that I wouldn’t say that shade 101 is a completely matte lipstick, it’s just as creamy as the other lipsticks from the Rimmel ‘Kate’ Collection and it has a really nice sheen to it, which I prefer simply because I like to have some moisture in my lipsticks and I find matte formulations to be quite drying. Another thing I like about this lipstick is the upgraded packaging, I think it looks even more special and stands out in my lipstick collection.
Overall, my love affair with the Rimmel Kate Moss Lipsticks continues and I can’t wait to try out more of the Autumn range of the lipsticks.
Have you tried any of this collection?
Lots of Love
Gem xxx


SHARE:

24 comments

  1. Such a nice color! I'll look for it! I love pink lipsticks <3 I only hope we have it here in the states ....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's such a great colour, so frosty and beautiful! Awww hopefully fingers crossed you can get it there!! :) xxx

      Delete
  2. Wow! I love the color unfortunately we don't have Rimmel here in the Philippines. :(
    New follower here! :) Mind to follow back?


    www.gelliezelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh you don't :( that sucks! yeah of course :) i'll check out your blog as soon as possible!
      xx

      Delete
  3. What a lovely color! I'm going to have to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah it is really lovely, such a nice dusty pink! thanks hun!

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful color!
    Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah it is really nice :) glad i found it! thank you!! x

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. yeah it's lovely, all of the rimmel ones seem to be though! x

      Delete
  6. I love this lippy, I have 113 and that's not totally matte either - still love it though! X

    http://Heidi-likes.blogspot.co.uk

    @heidi_likes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh you do? i think that colours really pretty as well, next on my wishlist! yeah i think there nicer when they're not 100% matte so it's a plus for me! xxx

      Delete
  7. Gorgeous colour! x

    xelliealicex.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the colour! mind to check out my blog? maybe we can follow each other :)

    www.thebeautyyoffashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah of course i'll check your blog out :) xx

      Delete
  9. love the color
    xx the cookies samecookiesdifferent.blogspot.com visit <3
    share the feeling <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah me too! thanks for the blog link! xx

      Delete
  10. Hi again, lovely! Just wanted to let you know that I nominated you for a Liebster award over on my blog! http://www.cupcakesandcurves.com/2012/10/but-i-dont-even-like-lobster.html You don't need to participate, just wanted to let you know! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brandi! awww thank you so much :) you're such a star :) of course i'll participate, thank you for that! xxxx

      Delete
  11. thanks for the follow! yeah of course i'll check yours out :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well I've used Rimmel a lot, because its affordable & widely available plus its a good brand. I'm mostly fond of Rimmel lipsticks. :)

    Quick question: How do I follow your blog? Can't find the link. :( First time visitor & your blog looks very pretty. :)


    Sarah
    http://prettygloss.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww yes! they're really good :) i do love Rimmel such a nice brand! oooooh sorry hun, theres a black side bar to the right hand side of the page? can you see it? it's really small and black if you click on it it comes up with options and the second one down is followers! thank you hun! sorry it's so complicated, recently changed my blog design and i'm not sure if it makes it a bit too hard for people to contact and follow me! it confused me for quite a while myself haha! thank you xxxxx

      Delete
  13. I have this lipstick and I LOVE it!! Mine is almost empty and I'll definitely be repurchasing it. So happy to see someone else who likes it as much as me :)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate and read every single one of my comments, check back too because I reply to every single one, I figure you took the time to write me a comment so I should take the time to reply! (although it sometimes takes me a few days) if you have any specific enquiries or want to reach me sooner with a question feel free to email me gemmabullock@icloud.com. Thank you so much for your support x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Gem Bullock
Blogger Templates made by pipdig