Thursday 30 August 2012

Sophie Kinsella - Confessions of a Shopaholic (A Secret Message)


Hi Girls,

Today my post is going to be very different, normally I blog about beauty products or wishlists of beauty products or talk about beauty products that I’m enjoying but today I’m going to be going down a completely different route.
Books - I personally really enjoy reading, I read blogs all day long and I also read a lot of books, most of them girly and hopelessly romantic, but still reading none the less. I feel that reading really opens your eyes and to be a good blogger you need to read about and listen to adapt to lots of different writing styles. About 2/3 years ago I was looking for something new to read and I discovered a set of books that I could really relate too, most of you will of heard of them due to the fact that they were actually turned into a movie a few years ago and the movie actually became quite popular. Sophie Kinsella is one of my favourite authors, she’s witty and funny and she knows how to relate with nearly 99% of us girly girls, and therefore she is an instant winner in my eyes. She mostly became famous for the set of books known as “Confessions of a Shopaholic” and that’s what I’m going to be talking about today. The Confessions of a Shopaholic series that now features around 6 books, follows a girl called Rebecca Bloomwood, who is a typical girly girl with a  major shopping addiction, and when I mean major, I mean maaaaajor. It follows her journey with trying to stop her shopping addiction as she spirals in to more and more debt, and it’s absolutely hilarious. Any girl that writes a beauty blog could relate, we’ve all been there, you’re going to be skint for the rest of the month if you splurge out on a new pallet or lipstick, but regardless you seem to NEED the product and therefore you take the plunge with little consideration of your bank balance. These books are fantastic, they are a light read, but they’re chirpy and funny and they can make you smile, you see Rebecca’s thoughts and they match your own when you’re out shopping again, (also, if you’re not a reader definitely check out the film, it’s equally as funny and shows you the same story, perfect for a girly night it).
But the series has a secret message and this is perhaps what I love about them the most, you see Rebecca getting into more and more trouble, fighting with her boyfriend (later to be husband) , struggling at her job, fighting with friends and nearly loosing everything all because she just cannot handle her shopping addiction. It’s true, we’ve all been there and actually I think that it would help a lot of girls to read this book and see that you don’t need anything! Us girls definitely need to try and shop in moderation more. It’s hard times out there in the world at the moment, the economy is falling apart around us but at the same time the world has become more materialistic than at any other time before, therefore the message today girls is THINK BEFORE YOU SHOP! And actually, read these books because they’ll have your eyes streaming with tears, absolutely a 5/5 in terms of the funny factor.
Thank you for reading my rambles once again,
I hope you enjoyed this,
You can pick up the Shopaholic Series at any well known bookstore
Lots of Love
Gem xxxx




SHARE:

12 comments

  1. I adore the Shopaholic series, a fantastic collection of books!xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Post:) I absolutely love this series it's brilliant xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much, i agree some of the best books ive ever read! Xx

      Delete
  3. Love the shopaholic books, actually I love everything by Sophie Kinsella. The film doesn't do these books justice imo!
    Ive nominated you for a Liebster award here:
    http://staring-at-paperfaces.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww i love them, you're 100% right though the films don't do the books justice! thank you so much for that hun, you're so kind!!! Xxxxx

      Delete
  4. I bought shopaholic and haven't had a chance to read it yet! I really need to... haha..

    xo - Sheila

    If you have time, please come by and check out my blog. :) If you like, maybe follow?

    http://sheislovely1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhhhh get on it girl, yeah defo ill come and have a read asap!! Xxxx

      Delete
  5. I've always meant to read these books but I've never gotten around to it! I need to stop putting it off, they sound fab! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha they are fab, defo check them out when you have time! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are one of the few books that have made me fully laugh out loud. It's frightening how much I relate to these books... :p x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha me too! They are soooo funny! Haha I can defo relate too :$ I think every girls a shopaholic at heart! Xx

      Delete

I really appreciate and read every single one of my comments, check back too because I reply to every single one, I figure you took the time to write me a comment so I should take the time to reply! (although it sometimes takes me a few days) if you have any specific enquiries or want to reach me sooner with a question feel free to email me gemmabullock@icloud.com. Thank you so much for your support x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Gem Bullock
Blogger Templates made by pipdig