Wednesday 29 August 2012

Beauty comes from within

Hi everyone,


A more sentimental post from me today, I'm absolutely loving blogging at the moment, it's so addictive, I definitely get the buzz when I finish a post and can upload it for everyone surfing the net to discover. As I've mentioned a few times, I was reading blogs for a good 6 months before I plucked up the courage and decided to create my own, and whilst I was discovering them I found and followed some of my fav ever bloggers, but my post today is about beauty being on the inside, when I first discovered beauty blogs I discovered ones that were completely crazy to me, blogs and you tube videos where people's makeup collection would have cost more than a mortgage for a house and I was completely overwhelmed. Those blogs and videos were fun to watch at first but I soon found them ridiculous, and it wasn't through jealously but I felt like these people didn't understand true beauty. As much as I would love to have a beauty collection that big and that special, I think I'd have to sacrifice so much else, the money spent on just one of those nars blushes or mac lipsticks could be spent making memories, going to the cinema with your friends or to lunch with your mum, and those are the things in life that truly matter. Don't get me wrong, I live and breathe makeup, but at the end of the day that's all it is, makeup. It's a mask, it's something that changes who you are, and that's fine, I wear makeup every single day, but true beauty isn't the latest mascara or prettiest shade of lipstick, it's your heart, your principles, the type of person you aspire to be, the way you treat people and the way you love and live. And therefore this post is just about considering the role of real beauty within the beauty world. In actual fact the only blogs I read and take a true interest in are blogs that have that sense of heart, who have a passion but understand the need in their life for more than just makeup and clothes and those are the people that I truly inspire to be like.
You can have the ugliest eyebrows, or your face can be full to the brim with spots, you could have no makeup on and still be the most beautiful human to ever walk the earth, simply because you believe, you have a good heart and you have the ability to make everybody smile.
So girls, when your blogging, as exciting as a new lipstick can be (we've all been there), remember its not worth everything and you can still be beautiful without it.
Therefore aspire to be beautiful on the inside, rather than aspiring to wear the most makeup on your face.
Thanks for reading
Lots of love
Gem xxx
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. I totally agree with you, beauty comes from the inside. Its not all about makeup/clothes etc, its about who you are as a person : )

    http://staring-at-paperfaces.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure does hun :) thankfully a hell of alot of people do have true beauty! Xxx

      Delete
  2. hey hun!
    ooooh okay, yeah she does have a lovely style, of course i'll come and check your blog out, i'd love to follow each other!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true.^^
    Maybe follow each other???
    My Blog

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate and read every single one of my comments, check back too because I reply to every single one, I figure you took the time to write me a comment so I should take the time to reply! (although it sometimes takes me a few days) if you have any specific enquiries or want to reach me sooner with a question feel free to email me gemmabullock@icloud.com. Thank you so much for your support x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Gem Bullock
Blogger Templates made by pipdig