Thursday 21 March 2013

Bourjois Delice de Poudre Bronzing Powder Review






Bourjois Delice de Poudre Bronzing Powder - £6.99 Boots - here

Hi Dolls, Hope you're okay, I thought i'd do another post today, I already did one all about how to follow Gem's Beauty and some information regarding the Google Friend Connect Scandal so once you're done reading this one it would make me really happy if you scrolled down and gave that one a read too. Anyway I thought i'd do a post on one of my favourite products ever, I'd even go as far to say this product hits the top 5 makeup products EVER for me, which is a pretty big statement. So anyway lets get on with the review.

If you've read my blog for a while you will know I've always been a bronzer girl, some people love blush and I majorly love bronzer and I actually think this product could be why I am so in love with bronzers, this product completely changed my makeup routine years ago and I am still using it today. In actual fact I had my last one of these bad boys for 4 years and even after using it ever single day I still did not hit pan & I don't half slap this stuff on, I figured though that it was too old & gross too keep so I threw it away and with the Boots 3 for 2 offer on at the moment I decided that I would pick up another one & therefore a review seemed pretty much inevitable because everyone loves a nice, new shiny product. There is something about this particular bronzer that just hands down beats every single other bronzer I've tried. It is my favourite powder bronzer and just an absolute essential in my makeup bag, I love every single thing about it. And right now i'll say that I can't actually say one negative thing about it, it's just such a good product that I literally have nothing negative at all too say.

Firstly the packaging, the packaging on this isn't really overly glamorous but it does the job, the bronzer is housed in a really nice cardboard container, it's really simple it has a magnet in it so it stays shut and you can just pop it open to reveal the bronzer. It's nothing amazing and it's not really something that would look overly pretty on your dressing table but it's nice and compact, fits in my makeup bag well and does the job pretty perfectly, I've never found it to fall apart and my last one was still in tact after a long 3/4 years. When you open up the bronzer the bronzer is in 4 segments  a lot of people call this the 'Chocolate' Bronzer just because it looks like little squares of chocolate. The product goes down pretty deep and you actually get 16.5g's of product which is bloody loads especially for the price!! 

The product is ridiculously pigmented, I use my Real Techniques contour brush to apply this too the cheeks and then I normally blend it out with my Real Techniques blush brush but there is no swirling your brush endlessly with this product, you literally need the tiniest amount, anything more will make you look absolutely crazy. It's also a really gorgeous colour, it's not 'orangey' which therefore means you can completely avoid the oompa lumpa look but it's not a really dark brown either meaning that it really works on my slightly paler complexion, I think it would pretty much work on most skin tones though because it can be built up and I've seen friends that have darker skin tones than me wear it with ease too. The smell of this is pretty amazing, it smells really sweet, almost in between chocolate and vanilla so I am constantly sniffing it, it's quite unique for a bronzer to have a really nice smell but this has such a nice one that I can't wait to apply it, the smell actually sticks around for a few hours after application too which I love because I adore the scent, but if you're not much of a sweet scent lover than this may not be for you.

To me this is a pretty matte bronzer, although on the packaging for some reason it says that is has odd flecks of micro-glitter in it, I didn't find this at all and one of the reasons I really like this bronzer is that it's a perfect contour colour & it bronzes the face without adding loads of shimmer than can be quite unflattering when put in the right place. I do find that this bronzer doesn't make my face look really flat like lots of matte bronzers do though so maybe there is a few specks of glitter in it, I just don't think its detectable to the human eye. This product also has an awesome staying powder, this is one of the only powder products that actually lasts on my oily skin and it's not something I really need to re-apply during the day, it also applies really smoothly & is very easy to blend. 

I am seriously in love with this bronzer, this is not only one of my favourite drugstore beauty products but also one of if not my favourite makeup product ever, it's perfect and I don't reach for any other cheek products when this is around. I use it for contouring and bronzing the whole face and it works perfectly for both purposes. It's cheap as chips, smells like chocolate and works really well. I know a lot of people rave about this product and it has had a huge amount of hype, that is completely well deserved this product has holy grail status for me and I can't imagine needing to try any other powder bronzers (although I am tempted my Nars Laguna!) because this one does everything I need it to do. Everyone needs this product in their makeup bag so if you haven't tried it please go and give it ago because you won't be disappointed  Let me know what your holy grail cheek products are in the comments section below & if you have tried this bronzer as well! 

Thank you for reading!
Lots of love
Gem xxx




SHARE:

27 comments

  1. I bought this a few months ago and quickly fell in love! It gives my face a natural tan which is hard to find as I'm so pale! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh you did? :) yay! I'm happy that loads of other people like it too, it's really natural but so nice & you can build it up depending on the look you're going for which is why I love it so much! :) x

      Delete
  2. I got this in shade "51" which is perrrrrfect for paleys like me :D it smells gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh you did?! I didn't know they did two different shades! :) oooh i know, it's amaazzzzing! xxxx

      Delete
  3. This was my first ever bronzer, and as you say you have it for like 3 years and its still no where near finished, such a good product for beginners because its not too heavy! still got one in my make up bag somewhere and reach for it now and then :)xxx

    meghansmarvels.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know?! I swear to god it's a miracle, I would be so surprised if anyone has ever finished this product haha it's just never ending! :) oooh yay, what do you use for bronzer instead hun? :) xxx

      Delete
  4. All my friends used to use this, but I don't like the sell of chocolate so i've never even picked it up lol! Lovely to see a good review of it though :)

    Jamie-Lee|Glitter Infatuation Beauty Blog! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww no :( go give it a sniff cus it's like not full on chocolate smell it's just quite sweet & vanilla like, bit chocolately too though! :) aww yay thanks Jamie! You always leave me such nice comments :) xxx

      Delete
  5. Top 5 products is definitely saying something! Haha, my sister used to have this, should have totally 'borrowed' it .. Didn't realise you get soo much product for your money either! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes hun! I have big loving for it :) ooooh yes you should have done the casual borrow haha! yeah it's ridiculous how much you get, no wonder it lasts so long!! xxx

      Delete
  6. I also have this! Feels like I'm never going to hit pan on it, the stuff is neverending! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes hun! I don't even understand how it's possible for it to last this long! xxx

      Delete
  7. This sounds like a nice product but i'm not sure about the chocolate smell.

    Kimberley x

    http://kimberley77.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh no :( give it a smell when you're in boots & see how you feel about it hun! :) xxx

      Delete
  8. I absolutely love this bronzer. I'd only had bronzing pearls before and they were so messy. This is good for contouring too x
    Vicki x
    A Life of Geekery

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay me too hun! I couldn't rave about it enough haha! yes bronzing pearls are really messy I was always dropping them everywhere! :) you're right - perfect contour colour! thanks for the comment darl :) xxx

      Delete
  9. aww gosh I know it's amazing! I think it's a product that loads of people have in their makeup bag but not a lot of people really go out and talk about! I love it though, give it ago hun! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this, it's so great to see a review thats got something
    a little bit more interesting and different :)
    please keep it up, really can't wait to see more!
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thanks Melody! :) that's a really lovely thing to say!
      I'll definitely try & keep doing what i'm doing! :) thank you xxxxxx

      Delete
  11. haha it really does look like chocolate!

    new blogger ...show some<3 brokeanddbeautiful.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have this too :) It lasts forever!... Great review

    Siobhan xx

    www.glitter-x-couture.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah I know!! It really does stand the length of time :) thanks hun! xxx

      Delete
  13. Great review honey! we've heard so much about bourjois but sadly its alot more expensive in australia like most other drug store brands

    www.mkstyleramblings.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thank you M+K :) oh no it is? :( that's such a shame, I feel sorry for all your Aussies! The mark up on cosmetics there seems almost unbelievable!! xxx

      Delete
  14. This looks amazing! I've wanted it for ages! Thanks for the review!
    It would be amazing if you could check out my blog too - I always return my follows :)

    http://blondiesstylefix.blogspot.co.uk/

    Love
    Grace X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah it really is! give it ago if you get the chance hun! :) it's no problem at all haha! awww I will do my lovely! xxx

      Delete

I really appreciate and read every single one of my comments, check back too because I reply to every single one, I figure you took the time to write me a comment so I should take the time to reply! (although it sometimes takes me a few days) if you have any specific enquiries or want to reach me sooner with a question feel free to email me gemmabullock@icloud.com. Thank you so much for your support x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Gem Bullock
Blogger Templates made by pipdig