Wednesday 6 March 2013

Rimmel Kate Moss Lipstick Review



Shade 19, Shade 101, Shade 1 & Shade 20




Rimmel Kate Moss Lipstick Review - Shade 19, 101, 1 & 20 - £5.49 here

Hi everyone, hope you're all okay! I'm really excited to share this post with you all today it's about the lovely Lasting Finish Lipsticks by Kate Moss & I had so much fun taking photo's of these, I was feeling rather artistic haha and I got right into it so sorry it's a bit snap happy. Anyway, if you've read my blog for a while you will know I absolutely love Rimmel Lipsticks & just Rimmel as a brand, they are hands down the best high street makeup brand in my opinion and I can't get enough of their products and you'll see I have countless reviews of them on my blog. They have really stepped up and bought out such amazing products over the last year or so and I would say one of their best creations would have to be these Rimmel Lasting Finish Kate Moss Lipsticks. They were instant hits with me and I think a lot of the blogging world fell in love with them too.

Rimmel says 'Kate Moss has created her first ever lipstick collection for Rimmel London. With a selection of fashion-forward shades to choose from in an exclusive signature pack. The Lipstick Collection is a true chic treat, a must have for every Rimmel London Lover. With a breakthrough formula featuring the exclusive black diamond pigment complex, the lipstick reflects like never before creating gorgeous tones that make you look, and then look again. Kate’s collection captures the flair, edge and timelessness of her unique look. With 7 shades get ready to fall in love with your favourite!"

I love these lipsticks, they are highly pigmented, one swipe and you get an amazing color payoff and they are very creamy and not too drying on the lips either. They are just perfect for getting a really great pop of color on the lips and I find that they have an amazing shade selection, I love the fact that the collaboration has meant that we have bold & bright lipsticks which are very Kate-esq, this is one collaboration that has gone completely right, all of these lipsticks you could actually see Kate wearing all of the shades are so unique and different to what you would normally see on the high street and the formulation of these lippies for the price is pretty amazing too. I currently own 4 shades of the Kate Moss Lipsticks but I am looking to pick up some more because I love them that much, the shades I own are 1, 19 & 20 from the original range and number 101 from the matte range which is the one in the red packaging, they are all very unique shades & I am so excited to share my opinion of them all with you.

Shade 19 - Shade 19 is a really browny undertoned lipstick, it looks quite light in the tube and almost looks like a pinky nude but on the lips it looks completely different, it has a strong red undertone and it's really brown based. It is still quite a nude shade though, it's just a darker nude shade which is really good if you want to go quite understated on the lips and want to kind of mute them out a bit if you're playing up other features on your face. It's pretty good if you want a nice color for everyday. I'm kind of on the fence about this shade, it's quite a dark nude for my skin tone and out of all of the Kate Moss lipsticks I find I reach for this one the least but I think that's just because it's out of my comfort zone, it is very pretty though and it almost has some glitter to it which causes a really nice sheen on the lips.

Shade 101 - This is my fav of all of the Kate Moss Lipsticks, if you've read my blog for a while you know that I love milky pink or baby pink lip colors and they tend to be my most reached for lip colors so this one is pretty perfect. It's a very very light pink and it's definitely a 'my lips but better color' it's very nude and simple and it's a color that you can wear for work or school during the day and it looks really pretty. You can also wear it at night with a smokey eye and it looks really pretty. This is a lipstick that I get a huge amount of wear out of and I think it looks really pretty on the lips. Even though this is from the matte collection (hence the different packaging) I don't find this lipstick drying or completely matte anyway, it still has a bit of a sheen to it and it's still as creamy as the other lipstick formulas.

Shade 1 - Out of all of the shades within this Kate Moss Lipstick range I think this is the one that represents Kate the best, I don't know why but I see Kate as a real British icon & this red lipstick is so bright and fun, it kind of reminds me of the shade of a London Bus & because Kate is such a Londoner herself I really think it fits in. The thing I love about the shade is even though it's really bright I still feel like you can wear it and it's a fun pop of color, it's not too dark which means it quite suits my paler skin & I just think it's such a traditional color and a shade that everybody needs in their makeup collection.

Shade 20 - This lipstick is amazing! It's such a fun, bright color and I literally adore it, this is a bright fuchsia pink and it's soooo cool! I love really bright pink lipsticks and this one is very bright it's the perfect lipstick for night time and it's a color that really works with my skin tone and makes me look more awake. This lipstick is crazy pigmented just like all the other lipsticks from this collection and it has a really nice sheen to it which means it really lifts the lips and doesn't make them look flat at all. This lipstick has strong blue undertones and I just think it's amazing, every girl needs a bright pink lipstick and this one is great for that.

You can see that I love each individual shade that I've picked up from the Kate Moss collection, they have great pigmentation, they're creamy and not drying and they last a fair amount of time on the lips as well. They also have an amazing shade selection and you can pick up a lot of different shades from this range that you wouldn't normally find at the drugstore. I also just wanted to quickly mention the packaging. I really love it, the sleek black bullets are really nice and I love how every single one of them has 'Kate' written on it in her handwriting in the color of the lipstick you've picked up, I think that's a really nice touch. The price point of these lipsticks is amazing too at only £5.49 a piece, that's crazy for the quality! Have any of you tried these lipsticks? What's your opinion on them? Hope you enjoyed this post & I'll speak to you all really soon! :) xxx


SHARE:

45 comments

  1. I love 101 and 20. great review x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun! I love both of the pinks too hun! :) xxx

      Delete
  2. Shade 1 is my favourite lipstick at the minute, such a lovely colour! xx

    http://generalmess.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh really?:) yeah I know I love it! It's just soo nice! :) xxx

      Delete
  3. Great reviews! I love all of them.. and would easily buy every single one. I only have 5 at the minute though :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gem!! :) I love them too! Oh which shades do you have?:) I wanna pick some more up haha not sure which I wanna try next though!! Xxxx

      Delete
  4. I have shade 101 and absolutely love it! It very quickly became my favourite lipstick :)
    Its the only one I have at the minute though. But very keen to get buying some more, especially after reading this.

    nailthelook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah me too hun! It's just the perfect everyday colour it's my fav out of the lot! :)
      Oooh yay let me know if you do pick anymore up :) xxxx

      Delete
  5. wow 101 is such a nice colour I never look at rimmel lipstick but now I will when I'm next in Boots! x

    whatsonyourtulips.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's gorgeous! :) awww do it they have some lovely ones I'm a big fan! :) xxxx

      Delete
  6. I love love love the Kate Moss collection. I'd buy all the shades if I could. 101 is by far my favourite. I couldn't agree more with what you wrote.
    I got such a shock when I saw the swatch of 19 on your hand. It looks nothing like what it looks like in the tub. I think I'd have to agree with you on it. Don't think it would suit me at all.
    Great post!

    toomanyfreckles.blogspot.ie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww me too Katie! :) ahhh i know mine too, I can't stop wearing it, it's just the perfect colour for everyday! :) I know?! I got it home & swatched it and was like ewww! Not any good for me haha it doesn't look to fab! I think a tan is needed or something! thanks so much lovely! xxx

      Delete
  7. I love shade 20, it looks so nice, definitely need to invest. I've just seen shade 19 for £1.99 on fragrance direct!xo

    student-stylexo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Meg! :) yeah shade 20 is gorgeous, I love hot pink colours so much! ooooh ma god really? that's a really good deal! xxx

      Delete
  8. Love them all but shade 101 is my favourite xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay me too! defo the same opinion, thanks hun xxx

      Delete
  9. I also think that the shade 101 is my favourite ! I really like this type of colour !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah me too, I think everyone likes muted pinky/nude colours because pretty much everyone can pull them off haha! xx

      Delete
  10. I absolutely love shad 20, it looks so gorgeous! I love the Kate Moss lipsticks, they stay on for ages and are just really good quality for a high-street lipstick!

    Christina | Passion Obsession

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay me too, love how bright pink it is, I really need to wear it more! :) yeah they are?! it's crazy how cheap they are when they work as well as more expensive lipsticks! completely agree hun xxx

      Delete
  11. I love shade 20 its so pretty, and i have shade 101 and i love it, its such a lovely colour :)xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh you do? :) do you get a lot of wear out of it? :) yay shade 101 is soooo pretty! :) I think out of all of them 101 has got the most people saying they lav it haha! xxx

      Delete
  12. I have 101 and I wear it all the time! The other 3 shades are gorgeous as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah me too! :) eee thanks hun, they're such amazing shades! x

      Delete
  13. great review! I've got shade 20 and it's such a gorgeous color! I also love that it smells of raspberries! <3

    Andrea xx
    savingsimplicity13.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks hun! :) ooooh I know! haha really? I'm not overly fussed on the smell really but I don't hate it haha! :P xxx

      Delete
  14. I love the peachy one and the bright pink one! Super!
    Would you like to visit my blog?

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the look of shade 1 and 20. So pretty. I've wondered about picking these up but just can't decide whether too or not.

    Great post :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thanks Claudia! :) oooh you really won't regret it, I would recommend these a lot! :) xxxx

      Delete
  16. I have shade 20, this post has made me want to wear it now!:D xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay go and get it out and use it haha! :) xxx

      Delete
  17. I have shade 101 and blogged about it if you'd like to take a look:)

    fashion--geek.blogspot.com
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great reviews on these lipsticks! They are among my favourites, I LOVE them!
    :)

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Jenny! :) yay me too, one of the best out there I think xxx

      Delete
  19. I LOVE shade 101, it's so beautiful! <3
    Thanks for sending your link via twitter, your blog is great!<33

    xoxo Bree
    The Urban Umbrella
    http://www.theurbanumbrella.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay me too :) perfect colour! :) no problem hun thanks for stopping by! :) xxx

      Delete
  20. wow these colours are all amazing!!!

    Lets follow?

    http://dress-for-the-image.blogspot.co.uk/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. great post! thanks for the detailed description because I wanted to get one but I wasn't sure which one to get :P xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thanks hun! :) haha aww i'm glad it helped then! do you know which one you're hoping to get?! xxx

      Delete
  22. woow amazing colours...I own some of kate's lipsticks and the shades are gorgeous.

    your blog is amzing, follow me and I'll follow back :)

    www.charmingnancy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate and read every single one of my comments, check back too because I reply to every single one, I figure you took the time to write me a comment so I should take the time to reply! (although it sometimes takes me a few days) if you have any specific enquiries or want to reach me sooner with a question feel free to email me gemmabullock@icloud.com. Thank you so much for your support x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Gem Bullock
Blogger Templates made by pipdig