Monday 25 March 2013

Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation Review.





Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation - Ivory - £8.99 Boots Website - here

Hi Ladies, Hope you're all okay! The other day on my blog I featured one of my top 5 ever products, which was my holy grail bronzer, the Bourjois Delice De Poudre Bronzing Powder, that gave me an idea. I was photgraphing a new Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation (8th bottle i've repurchased I swear) for a haul and I thought it was about time I gave it credit & did a full review on it. It's weird that I talk about all the new products I've bought but I don't talk about or do review of the products that I actually love and use every single day. Anyway, sit back & get ready because I am ready to rave and rant about how amazing this foundation is.

I've actually used Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation since pretty much the week it was released, which was well over a year ago. I picked up a bottle and at the time I was pretty damn sad when I applied it, instantly I knew I loved the consistency and I loved the coverage and just how it made my face look but it was way too dark, I'd picked up the completely wrong shade but in all honesty I didn't care, I was tempted to wear it anyway, I couldn't believe how amazing it actually made my face look and how glowing I looked. I actually loved the finish of this foundation so much that I went back that very same day and bought another bottle in my shade. That was where the real love affair began and ever since I've been obsessed, when I say that I've repurchased this for the 8th time I'm not joking, I actually have just thrown 3 empty bottles of this stuff away.

For me, this foundation was a turning point for Rimmel, ever since they released this foundation Rimmel as a brand just seemed to get stronger and stronger and release amazing products and Wake Me Up was the starting point for Rimmel becoming my favourite high street makeup brand. This foundation is fantastic, firstly lets talk about the packaging, I honestly think this is one of the nicest foundation bottles you can get from a high street makeup brand, most of the other brands have the blandest foundation bottles with just a black lid but I love the bright orange lid of Rimmel Wake Me Up, I love how it stands out and has a pump. It's also housed in a really nice glass bottle, although after a disaster with bottle number 3 when it smashed into a million pieces on my bathroom tiles one morning i'm not sure how practical a glass bottle actually is, especially with a clumsy girl like myself. Overall though the packaging of this product is pretty nice and fun and I love the individual shape of the bottle too.

The first thing I want to mention about this product is the smell, it smells absolutely gorgeous, it kind of smells fruity I think, I can't quite put my finger on what it actually smells like but it's really a refreshing scent & I really really like it, you can smell it when you pump it out of the bottle but I don't think I can smell it on my own face when i'm wearing it. It's just a really nice fresh smell that isn't too overpowering. The next thing to mention about this foundation is the amazing coverage it gives, it pretty much covers all my imperfections by itself and I don't have to use half as much concealer, it's definitely a medium coverage foundation but is so easily buildable that you can build it to pretty full coverage. The amazing thing though is although this gives a pretty amazing coverage it still manages to look slightly dewy and has a really natural finish, it's a foundation where people actually don't know if you're wearing anything at all, which is crazy considering how high coverage it provides.

This foundation differs from lots of other foundations due to the fact that is has a non fatigue effect in it which help to give you a really nice awake finish & help to make you look much more awake. In order to do this the foundation does contain little tiny flecks of shimmer, it is completely invisible when you put it on your face though & isn't unflattering in the slightest, it leaves you with a really fresh finish & it's slightly dewy (although not shiny) which I've been really loving even despite my oily skin. Another thing I love about this foundation is how thick and creamy it is, it glides on to the skin and is one of the easiest foundations to blend in, it hides everything because of the consistency but looks completely light on the skin, I've actually forgot I'm wearing any foundation before because it doesn't feel heavy, cakey or mask like which I find most foundations with good coverage do. I also find that this foundation lasts pretty much all day especially when set with a good setting powder, it has SPF 15 in too which is obviously good if you're wearing it every single day and it's pretty cheap at only £8.99 a bottle which is also a massive thumbs up from me.

This foundation also looks even more incredible combined with the Rimmel Fix and Perfect Pro Primer (also photographed) in shade 002, I was going to include a full review of this in this post too but I don't want to go on for ages so i'll do that sometime over the next few weeks but together they are pretty much a dream team and for two really inexpensive products you can get a flawless foundation routine that really lasts on the skin and looks pretty much amazing.

Overall, I really adore this foundation, it is the best drugstore foundation I have ever found & I have a good 10 or more that i'm trialing at the moment (oooops! I know!), it gives a beautiful finish is good for both oily & dry skin and is pretty much every single thing I want in a foundation all rolled into one. I would definitely recommend it to pretty much everyone the only thing I would say is that it the colour match isn't that amazing because I think they only have about 7 shades so for some deeper skin tones or really pale skin tones you could be left without a match. Apart from that though this has holy grail status for me and I can't even begin to explain how much I love it. If you haven't tried it you need too!!! So let me know if you do.

Let me know if you've tried this opinion or what your holy grail foundation is and I'll speak to you all soon!
Lots of love
Gem xxx
-
SHARE:

25 comments

  1. Love this review! It makes me want to try it. Do you know if it is avaliable in the U.S? (:
    smokeanddiiamondsx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Niki! :) It really is amazing, I don't know to be honest hun, I haven't heard a lot about it from America so i'm not too sure? xxx

      Delete
  2. I tried this but Ivory was just so dark for me. I'm gutted as it sounds incredible.. I like the neon orange lid, it really stands out :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I bet! The colour range is the thing that really lets this product down :( which they had better shades for paler skins and deeper skin tones too! Yeah the orange lid is one of my fav things about it, i'm a sucker for a pop of colour! thanks gem :) xxx

      Delete
  3. Wow, thanks for sharing! I am now intrigued by this foundation. Lately I have noticed how Rimmel's products are outstanding, especially given the price point! I love the stay matte powder, as well as pretty much all the lipsticks. I might venture into foundations and concealers now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thank you for reading Alma! :) Yeah if you can find this foundation I would definitely recommend you giving it ago! Yeah Rimmel have really stepped up their game and started producing the best products ever! :) yeah give them ago hun!! xx

      Delete
  4. I use this too. I actually bought it saturday at asda on offer for £6.00. I have the lightest shade but its still a little dark but its so good i can love with that.

    Kate @ sparkle dust xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really?! I love it when it's on offer, snapping yourself a right bargain there! Savers does it for that price too I think! I know, it's a little bit dark for me too :( but yeah it's too good not too use! Thanks for the comment hun :) xx

      Delete
  5. Nominated you - see my blog - http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/versatile-blogger-award.html xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this really does sound amazing! I want to try it so much but scared it might break me out! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it really is Sandy! Give it ago if you get the chance, I have pretty sensitive skin and it hasn't broke me out!! xx

      Delete
  7. I really want to try this! I have heard so many things about this and I dont really wear foundation a lot and because this is light it will be perfect

    check out my blog, if you have the time?
    http://georgialouisee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I'd really recommend it hun :) especially if you don't wear a lot of foundation because this is super duper natural looking! :) xxx

      Delete
  8. This sounds fantastic, Definitely going to think about purchasing this next! xxx

    beautyundressedd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay do it Karina! :) you won't regret it!! xxx

      Delete
  9. This sounds great, I have oily skin too. xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've read a lot of good reviews about this make-up so think I may give it a go :)
    Please check out my blog.. I'm new to the blogging scene + would love to hear your thoughts!
    www.allthingsbeautiful-x.blogspot.com
    Thank you, Jessie. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah defo do it you will really like it i'm sure! :) will check out your blog asap too!!! xxx

      Delete
  11. Great post love :) I've got thise foundation and loved it to begin with, now i think it doesn't really make my skin look nice when its on?

    Please check out my blog and perhaps we could follow each other?

    http://terriface01.blogspot.co.uk/

    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Terris-Fashion-blog/451805704892128?fref=ts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you lovely! :) ooooh really? :( that's such a shame! not good to hear that! will defo check out your blog xx

      Delete
  12. urrrrm well I normally get through a bottle every 2 months or so which I think is pretty good, but I prefer full coverage so it depends on how much you use! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hallo cutie :) I love your review on this foundation and I will definitely pick one up asap! <3 Much love from me :*

    http://lifeisokay13.blogspot.dk/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this review thank you so much! I've wanted to try it for so long but i was a little skeptical. I am for sure going to try it now. :)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate and read every single one of my comments, check back too because I reply to every single one, I figure you took the time to write me a comment so I should take the time to reply! (although it sometimes takes me a few days) if you have any specific enquiries or want to reach me sooner with a question feel free to email me gemmabullock@icloud.com. Thank you so much for your support x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Gem Bullock
Blogger Templates made by pipdig