Monday 18 March 2013

Benefit Fine One One

















Benefit Fine One One - £23.50 - Benefit Website Here

Hi Ladies! Hope you're all okay & had a wonderful weekend and a nice Monday! I just want to say thank you so much for all of you that have now began following me on blog lovin, i'm happy that a lot of my readers have converted so you can still keep up to date with my blog posts & for those of you who haven't gotten around to it yet it would mean a lot if you could click follow on this link for me - http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/3954424! Anyway today's post is about a product I've been really using lately & I thought that it deserved a full review on my blog because it's such a good product! Some of you may have seen this product mentioned in a post I did this time last month on my blog called '3 products that I've been loving' here and after a month of using this product pretty much everyday I'm still loving it so I thought i'd share my thoughts about it with you all.

Firstly I thought I would explain to you what this funny looking stick actually is. When I first saw this product and heard loads of people on about 'Fine One One' I had no idea what so ever what the hell it was. Basically Benefit had a pretty damn smart idea to combine a contour colour or bronzer, a blusher & a highlighter in one handy stick so you can literally sweep on your cheek makeup just as easy as you would slick on your lipstick. The name behind the product comes from 991 which is the American Emergency Phone Number & instead of calling 911 you need to call fine one one for a makeup emergency (haha no idea if that made any sense, to be honest i'm still not sure of the name but I think that's the idea behind it). The reason I was drawn to this product is the fact it's so individual, I haven't seen a product like this & I think it's such a good idea and a pretty good concept. Also it's really good if you're quite lazy like me because it means you can do 3 steps of your makeup in one.

The first thing to notice about this product is the gorgeous packaging. I think Rose Gold has made a massive come back over the last few months & therefore I think it was a great choice by Benefit to use it as a colour scheme for this product. I also thought that the idea behind the packaging was pretty funky, I see this almost as a lipstick for your cheeks & I think that's pretty cool. You just pop the lid off and screw up your cheek product just like you would a lipstick, which means its a pretty perfect handbag essential. If you're like me you'll find that blush and highlighter especially runs out during the day and the great thing about Fine One One is that you can chuck it in your bag and it literally makes reapplying a dream, you don't need a brush just the stick and your fingers and you have a contour colour, a blush colour and a highlight colour in one tiny product that works really well with pretty much all skin tones. It's perfect to make your cheeks pop and it makes reapplying your makeup a dream, I can find you can just carry this and a lipstick around with you & if you want to go somewhere after work or your makeup is starting to fade than the addition of slapping this off and giving it a quick blend and then topping up your lippie just seems to work & instantly rejuvenates your makeup. Also I'd just like to mention that this is a really small product, it's much smaller than my iphone & you can see if you see the picture in my hand it's pretty tiny!

The product is really impressive. I really like it, you get 3 segments which are in order of how you want them to be applied to your cheeks. The orangey colour goes at the base of your cheek, this is the darker colour and would take place of your bronzer or contour shade. Next you have the blush colour and in this case this is the really bright pink and this would be your blush colour and then lastly you have a really nice champagne colour with a slight iridescence to it which works as your highlight shade. You simply hold the stick at the bottom of your cheek and then pull it along your cheek so that you have your contour shade at the bottom, then your blush & then your highlight. It's so quick and simple and pretty much fool proof (which is good for me!) then you can blend in the products with your fingers just to soften it a bit or I use my real techniques stippling brush just to blend out the edges and give it a really soft and natural affect. The only thing I would say about application is that you need to use this product combined with the right foundation, I found that foundations that are a bit heavier and stay wetter for a bit longer before they set can kind of be a bit of a night mare with this because it's easy for the cream product to kind of take the foundation so I think you just have to wait for your foundation to really set and not be tacky at all before you go in with this, don't apply it over powder either cus that could make it go a bit patchy!

I think this product is really good, I'm much more of a bronzer girl than a blusher girl normally, I just find that bronzer suits me better and to be honest I normally find blushers look quite unnatural and I end up looking a bit like a clown (I know! It's probably all in my application) but anyway this is one of the only coloured cheek products I can use and actually think looks nice. I find that once the colours are blended together they give a really nice coral glow and I think because the undertones run more coral it's not so unnatural and looks like more of a flushed glow. I find that this product really helps to define my cheekbones and I really really love the colour of the blush & the highlight. To be honest the orange shade which is meant to act as the bronzer/contour isn't really too my taste because I prefer a bit of a darker shade. So I just apply my bronzer a bit in the contours of my cheeks first and then apply this & it looks like a really nice blush & highlight together. I find this product really buildable and I therefore think it would work on a range of skin tones, you can do one swipe if you're really pale or keep building up the colour if you are darker and like a more prominent cheek colour, a lot of people have said negative things about this product just because they say it's not that pigmented and a bit sheer but I don't think it's the case. Benefit do call this product a 'sheer brightening product for cheeks and lips'. I think if this product was too overly pigmented you could easily look like a clown so the fact it's a tiny bit sheerer means you can control it better and get a much more natural look.

Overall I would really recommend this product, I think it's pretty brill & I think Benefit have out done their selves once again! I'm really interested to try out 'Fake Up' their new concealer & also their World Famous Neutrals Palettes as well so if you have done any reviews on either of those products let me know! :) hope you enjoyed this & i'll speak to you all soon! xxx

SHARE:

33 comments

  1. Replies
    1. Gorgeous isn't it!? love it so much! :) x

      Delete
  2. I adore adore benefit, they can do no wrong can they. Packaging is always out of this world gorgeous.
    I have this product but I'm yet to use it (due to being poorly).
    Looking at your review I'm so pleased I bought it, lovely strong but sheer colours ready for the summer :)

    prettylittleus

    Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah me too! You always know you're going to get good quality if you pick something up from then and I also love that they are such a unique brand! Yeah the packaging is gorgeous too which always helps! ooooh nice :) let me know what you think when you get around to using it and I hope you feel better soon! :) you're right perfect for spring & summer I think! xxx

      Delete
  3. Looks beautiful!

    www.rebekasbeautyworld.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really want to try this! Not sure if its worth the money though on my poor student budget (boohoo)


    Mixed Beauty
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww :( to be honest I don't think it's essential cus you can find some lovely blushers on the high street for cheaper but I really love it! :) it's a nice treat! Xxx

      Delete
  5. the benefit girls in my work put this on me a week before it launched when they got the samples in and every time I walk past it, I remember how amazing it is and how I need it in my life pronto! its the perfect quick all in one when your in a rush in my opinion :)xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really?:) yeah it does look lovely on the cheeks! Adds such a nice flushed glow that's so natural! :) let me know if you pick it up!! Xx

      Delete
  6. I just want it xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww! :) hopefully you get it at some point darl! Xxx

      Delete
  7. I've seen a lot of positive reviews of thing, but I didn't really like the texture of it and thought that the packaging was a little flimsy. Looks nice all blended together though.
    Lovely review :)

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh did you not?:) I suppose it's personal preference really! I saw temptalia do a review of it and she's like the beauty blogger queen and she couldn't have hated it more haha! Xxx

      Delete
  8. Your reviews are just amazing babe :) I have this too, but I've not even tried it yet as I want to get round to photographing it before I use it.. I have serious issues haha! <3 xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much Gem! :) you're such a sweetheart! :) hahaha oh god I know what you mean! That's being a good blogger, I can never resist and then I always regret it afterwards! Let me know what you think when you try it Hun! :) xxxx

      Delete
  9. You have a great blog! mind to check out my blog? maybe we can follow each other :)

    www.thebeautyyoffashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Livia! :) will defo check out your blog too xx

      Delete
  10. This is on my wishlist! Roll on next payday when I finally can purchase it :)

    egtx3.blogspot.co.uk
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay is it?! Let me know if you get it babes! haha I wish it was payday soo much! xxx

      Delete
  11. This looks like such an unusual product, but the outcome is excellent :)

    Jamie-Lee|Glitter Infatuation Beauty Blog! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's very unique, I think that's a good thing though! It's nice not seeing loads of products that are all the same! :) thanks for the comment lovely! xxx

      Delete
  12. Haha I love the little booklet that comes with it.
    I'm just like you I'm much more of a bronzer person but I've been forcing myself to try out more blushers and I think this little guy might be a great thing to have to help me put down the bronzer!
    Looks so nice blended together on your hands and I just love the easiness of the product

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's sooo cool! haha I need all the help I can get so that booklet is perfect haha!
      Ooh really? Yeah I'm trying to use more blushers too & this is the only one that i'm comfortable wearing haha give it ago if you get a chance hun! :) xxx

      Delete
  13. I just got this with some of my birthday money & I'm in love! I suck at contouring and this has made it so easy for me to do so. Love the colours all blended together on the apple of my cheeks too, such a nice spring colour!

    Amy x cocktailsinteacups.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh you did? :) yay i'm glad you like it too! haha i suck at the whole blush/highlighter/contour combo and you're right this just makes it a breeze haha! yes perfect for spring and summer! :) thanks for the comment lovely x

      Delete
  14. Absolutely love your blog .. always one of my daily reads and I can only hope to be as great of a blogger as you one day !

    http://labellebohemienne.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thank you so much Jennifer! :) awww that's so cute, you've put a massive smile on my face!! xxx

      Delete
  15. Looks pretty handy! The colours are kind of intense though i think they scare me a bit haha x

    Lauren-Jade @ Dainty Bones
    http://laurenjadem.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's really handy actually! :) haha yes it does look very scary I normally apply it to my hand first and stipple it on to my face with a stipple brush from there so I don't look like a crazy clown haha! xxx

      Delete
  16. I've had my eye on this product for ages and I really want it! Your reviews are simply amazing :) Xxx

    Sarah @ Sarah's Beauty Emporium

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww! :) yay give it ago if you get the chance, thank you hun! that's lovely of you to say :) xxx

      Delete
  17. Looks really good. I have been wanting to try this out for a while now. Maybe I should give it a go... I was just worried that the whole 3 in 1 thing would be a litte gimmicky and not really work that well, like some other 3 in 1 products... But I think I'll have to try it. You have yourself a new follower. You are welcome to come have a look at my blog as well.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate and read every single one of my comments, check back too because I reply to every single one, I figure you took the time to write me a comment so I should take the time to reply! (although it sometimes takes me a few days) if you have any specific enquiries or want to reach me sooner with a question feel free to email me gemmabullock@icloud.com. Thank you so much for your support x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Gem Bullock
Blogger Templates made by pipdig