Monday 25 March 2013

Soap and Glory 'Peaches and Clean' Review








Soap and Glory 'Peaches & Clean' 4 in 1 Wash off Deep Cleansing Lotion - £7.00 - Boots - here

Hi Ladies, Hope you're all doing okay, today I thought i'd share with you this lovely product from Soap and Glory the 'Peaches & Clean' 4 in 1 Wash Off Deep Cleansing Lotion, god what a mouthful! If you've read my blog for a while you'll know that I absolutely adore Soap and Glory, I own a huge range of their products and i'm constantly reviewing them and talking about them on my blog, I try not to overwhelm you too much but I always think they deserve a cheeky mention. I love the whole brand as a whole and I've never found a product from them yet that I don't like. Anyway for Christmas my lovely brother got me the Soap and Glory 'Best of All' gift set (post here) because he knows I have serious love for all their products & this was one of the products within the gift set that I've never tried before so I thought i'd give it ago for a few months & then review it for you all.

I thought i'd start by explaining what this product actually is, the name is pretty long and confusing but basically this is Soap and Glory's answer for a cleanser, on their website they say "Our special clogged T-zone formula Includes peach extract (with skin smoothing fruit acids), quillaja bark (a gentle natural ‘soap’), jojoba oil (an emollient skin softener), Detoxyboost™ technology (to help purify and deep clean) and Poreshrink R2™ (for a clearer, fresher, brighter complexion). In our opinion it’s the best cleansing milk on the market!". They say that you should use this on your face in the evenings to take off your makeup and it will leave your face really clean, smooth and refreshed.

First of all I really like the packaging of this one, not only because it's fun and girly like all of the other Soap and Glory products but also because it has a pump & I think that's such an important feature of a cleanser. I hate it when my cleansers don't have a pump, because I hate just having to fire the product out especially when you're as clumsy as me it just doesn't work out very well and always ends up in a massive mess. I think this is a pretty good size for a cleanser, it's 200ml and if you were travelling this would be no pain to take because the pump actually locks meaning that the product won't leak anywhere.

The next thing that I have to mention is the smell as the name would suggest it smells like Peaches and Cream, but I think it also has a slightly minty smell to it. I'm personally not a fan of the smell of this, but that's because I don't really like the smell of peaches in general, if you do though I think the scent of this would be right up your street, because it really is bang on and smells exactly like peaches, it's quite a nice scent for spring and summer actually.

In terms of the actual product, I don't actually use it to remove my makeup, I think you could do if you wanted too but I find that I have to use quite a lot of product and my skin is super sensitive so I find that if I was to use this every day then my skin didn't really react that well. But on the odd occasion when I have used this to take my makeup off it has worked and got rid of all traces of eye makeup and face makeup and it's always left my skin feeling really nice too.

Anyway, because I haven't got a lot of use out of this product as a cleanser I decided that I would use it as a face mask once a week to give my skin a bit of a treat and for this purpose it works really amazingly, I leave it on whilst i'm showering or having a bath in the evening once I've taken my makeup off and spread a fair bit on my face, then I relax and once I've washed it off my skin an hour or so later I'm always so impressed by the results, it leaves my skin so silky smooth, really refreshed and literally glowing. I think this product just works so good as a face mask and more of a 'treat' for my skin rather than as an everyday product. I think this really does leave my skin looking radiant, clean and bright and my complexion always looks sooo much better when I've used this.

Overall, I would say that this is a really nice product just not my favourite of the cleansers from Soap and Glory, I've tried their Fab Pore Hot Cloth Cleanser which I thought was pretty good and I love their Soap and Glory foaming facial wash which is the face scrub I use in the mornings in the shower and I've also tried their 'Off Your Face' Cleansing wipes here and I really liked those too. So I don't think this is a bad product at all I just think Soap and Glory as a brand have better cleansers (all the examples mentioned are here) and this product for me works as an amazing face mask that does wonders for my skin once a week! I would suggest you try this if you're looking for a new face mask or you love the smells of peaches & cream because this will be right up your street! Let me know if you've tried any of the Soap and Glory Cleansing products and what you think and i'll speak to you all soon!
Lots of Love
Gem xxx
SHARE:

29 comments

  1. Wow would never have thought a cleanser could work so well as a mask! What a fab idea xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay thanks ladies! :) defo try it as a mask and see how it works for you! :) xxx

      Delete
  2. I'm the same, I don't really like this as a cleanser so I've stopped using it. I will definitely try using it as a face mask!xo

    student-stylexo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh really? :( glad it isn't just me, I just find that it doesn't do a lot! yeah do it :) let me know how you find it as a mask instead! xx

      Delete
  3. I have this that I got in a huge Christmas bundle, never would have thought to try it as a mask xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah that's where I got mine from too lovely! yeah give it ago if you get the chance and let me know if you find it better! :) xxx

      Delete
  4. It's so good you found a use from it that suited you. I would never have thought of that! Haha. I too love soap and glory and this year, I will make it my goal to buy the huge set at Christmas when it goes on offer!!

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yayy! :) thanks Claudia, I'm glad I found a way to use it! I hate having products that I don't like using, it's never good! Yes do it! haha you won't regret it i've been lucky to have it for the last 2 years and it lasts me through the year which is really good! :) xxx

      Delete
  5. I love Soap & Glory!! Lovely blog(: New follower here, you can check out my blog and follow back if you wish

    -Athenaxo
    modestlysophisticated.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay me too! :) thank you for the follow will check out your blog too! :) xxx

      Delete
  6. i absolutely love the scent of peaches! i hope to try this one day mainly because of the peach scent haha! great review doll!

    -ariel* xoxo
    www.chiclookxo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh really? this might be right up your street then! :) hahaha yes do it you'll love it :) thanks hun!! xxx

      Delete
  7. I also love Soap and Glory but sometimes they write so much blurb my small brain can't handle it! However, I do like the sound of this product! :)
    xx

    Tia
    www.bellezzababe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks lovely :) oh gosh I know, sometimes it can be pretty overwhelming haha! this product is good though :) xxx

      Delete
  8. It sounds so good! I want to try it now! thankyou for the post:D xo

    Shabby Chic and Tea♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a great post! A lot of useful informations! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks lovely :) that's such a nice thing to hear! xx

      Delete
  10. I have this but not tried it yet because of the same reason. My skin is super sensitive so get scared of the fact it has a strong smell. Going to definitely give it a go tomorrow though and use it as a mask :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really? Yeah give it ago as a mask because the smell shouldn't be too overwhelming for your skin if you just use it once in a blue moon! :) let me know how you find it lovely xxx

      Delete
  11. I have this and I personally love the smell. It's a bit unusual though, it reminds me of cough syrup when I was little?! Never thought to use it as a mask though :) thanks for the suggestion!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh you do?! haha yes I can see exactly where you're coming from! it kind of smells like peaches mixed with something else! :) no problem darl let me know how you get on if you use it that way! :) xxx

      Delete
  12. The only Soap & Glory product I've tried so far is Hand Food and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh yay hand food is one of my all time fav's! :) xxx

      Delete
  13. I love your blog post's! There really neat. I have recently started my own beauty/fashion/lifestyle blog. I'd love it if maybe you check it out and maybe you could tell your followers about me. Thanks so much. Again your blog is amazing!

    Find Me Here: captivatingkrystal.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thank you so much! :) that's a lovely thing to say! I will make sure I check your blog out asap xx

      Delete
  14. I used their hot cloth cleanser but mucchhh prefer this it smells beautiful! I use it to take off make up, after I've used a face scrub and through-out no make up days for a little pick me up xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh really? I'd say the hot cloth cleanser doesn't really have a very strong scent actually! :) aww yay, glad you enjoy using it xxx

      Delete

I really appreciate and read every single one of my comments, check back too because I reply to every single one, I figure you took the time to write me a comment so I should take the time to reply! (although it sometimes takes me a few days) if you have any specific enquiries or want to reach me sooner with a question feel free to email me gemmabullock@icloud.com. Thank you so much for your support x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Gem Bullock
Blogger Templates made by pipdig