Wednesday 6 March 2013

Mac Studio Fix Fluid Foundation Review






Mac Studio Fix Fluid Foundation - NC20 & NC15 - £20.50 - here.

Hi Ladies, Hope you're okay, today I thought i'd finally get around to reviewing the Mac Studio Fix Fluid foundation that I've mentioned about a hundred times on my blog in passing, this regularly features in favourite posts and what's in my makeup bag and I've never actually fully reviewed it so I thought it was about time that I bite the bullet and get on with it. I love this foundation and it's pretty much holy grail status for me so let's get on with the review.

Firstly I love the packaging of this foundation, it comes in a really nice luxurious glass bottle that I think is really stylish and nice, it's not that great to travel with though because i'm always scared i'll drop it and it'll smash into a thousand pieces right in front of me. It comes with a matte top lid that's quite annoying because it captures finger prints like no other because it's rubberized and slightly like the Nars packaging. Probably the worst thing about the packaging though is the fact that it doesn't come with a pump & if you want one Mac expect you to dish out an extra £3.50 so that you can pick one up, I think this is a bit cheeky but it doesn't put me off using the foundation.

Next I would say that I love the coverage of this foundation and it's probably the reason I like this product so much, this is pretty medium to full coverage and you can build it up so it covers pretty much every single imperfection and I find that when I do that I literally have no need for concealer. Also the lasting power of this stuff is pretty insane, it's the one foundation that lasts all day on my oily skin and I can apply it in the morning and come home at night and my makeup will still pretty much be in place. I think that's because it's such a thick consistency though so it doesn't just melt away like a lot of foundations do. Mac actually claims that it can last for up to 8 hours and I would say that I certainty agree with that claim. Even though this foundation is really thick I find that it doesn't look cakey or make me look like i'm wearing a lot of makeup it just really blurs all my imperfections and makes me look much healthier and nicer. I think application is key with this product though, because it's so thick I think you have to work quite hard with it, I normally use a flat foundation brush to spread the product due to its thick consistency and then once I've done that i'll buff it in with my Real Techniques Buffing Brush and I find that it really works and looks natural and nice. The foundation dries to a matte finish so for oily skin girls its pretty perfect and it's lovely for a night out as well because it makes your skin look pretty impressive. The drying time of this foundation can be a bit of a problem when applying it because you don't have long at all so I tend to do each part of my face separately so that I can buff it in properly.

The smell of this product can sometimes really put people off it because it smells exactly like paint, it's got a really strong scent which I think goes away once it's been applied to your face but you can without a doubt smell it when you open the bottle & also when you're applying the foundation to your face. I personally really like the smell and it doesn't bother me at all but if you're a bit sensitive to smells you might want to go to a Mac counter and give this a sniff first. I know a lot of people also find that Mac foundations break them out because they're so thick and because they contain Silica but I don't find that at all and my face is pretty sensitive, I think you have to make sure you really wash this off your face though because it's not a foundation that easily comes off so you must make sure to clean it properly.

I think the price point of this product isn't too bad anyway, well at least not for Mac, I find that drugstore foundations are getting more and more expensive and you can put up too £12.00 for a foundation from Boots so to pay £20.50 for Mac which lasts longer and is much better quality isn't too bad. I tend to reserve mine for days I want more coverage or nights out although I could happily wear it every day. I also have two shades as you can see above, when I first tried this foundation I picked up NC20 because I was ordering online, when I got it I didn't like it at all, it was way too yellow and orange for me & I now use the shade NC15 which is a pretty good match so I would say make sure that you do your research. There are absolutely loads of shades in the Mac foundation range but the differences between them still seem pretty big as you can see by the swatches.

Anyway I hope you enjoyed this review! Let me know what your holy grail foundation is and if you've tried any from Mac! xxx



SHARE:

28 comments

  1. Lovely review! I really want to try a MAC Foundation!

    February Empties, February Favourites, My Five Favourite Blue & Red Nail Polishes and more http://missstephanieusher.blogspot.co.uk/ xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steph! :) defo do it if you get a chance xxx

      Delete
  2. When i used this foundation, i loved it! Might purchase it again soon! x

    www.hannahheartss.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh really?! :) yeah do it, I can't get enough of it haha! :) xx

      Delete
  3. The only MAC foundation I've ever used is Studio Sculpt and I really liked it! I've wanted to try this for so long because I've read and heard so many good things about it! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eeee Studio Sculpt is the one I want to try next, I've heard its really good and moisturising so I think i'm going to have to crack soon and try it out haha! :) aww do it if you get the chance lovely i'm sure you'll really like it! :) xxx

      Delete
  4. I have this foundation but its too dark for me unless I'm fake tanned. Hopefully in summer it will be a good match! I like the coverage and I think its a great product for the price but I find it changes colour during the day and goes darker :( x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahh no :( i hate it when that happens, nc20 was so dark for me I couldn't wear it haha but i'm hoping if i tan a bit in the summer i'll be able to pull it off otherwise it seems like such a waste! ahh i hope so for you too :( yeah me too! yeah I would agree with that actually! it does seem to oxidise quite a lot, hopefully you can wear it at some point hun! :) xxx

      Delete
  5. I've only ever tried Prolongwear which I'm kind of on the fence on, but have always heard such good things about this MAC foundation! Found this review really helpful, will deff bare this foundation in mind for the future xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh really? does it actually last as long as it claims? because if it does that is pretty damn impressive haha! aww thanks hun! :) glad you found it useful, let me know if you pick it up anytime in the future! xxx

      Delete
  6. I have a friend who swears by this, she's literally tried all the high end foundations but always comes back to this. It's too heavy and full coverage for me but if that's what you're looking for then it's perfect as it still manages to look pretty natural and non cakey if you apply it right.

    www.SamuelJamesMorris.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah i'm pretty much the same, I think it's really good and quite middle priced haha! I can see why you think that though, I think it depends how good your skin is and how much coverage you like haha! :) yeah I agree, thanks for the comment Samuel! :) x

      Delete
  7. wow the coverage is impressive! I want this! great post :)

    Andrea xx
    savingsimplicity13.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah it's amazing, I love it haha! thanks hun :) xxx

      Delete
    2. Hi! I have used it and I love it! :-)

      I´m following you now! would you like to visit my blog and follow me back? xx

      http://www.envueltaencrema.blogspot.com.es/

      Delete
  8. Lovely review and you're right, people happily pay £12-13 for a foundation from Boots when you can get this for a little bit more, that is how I justify my BeneFit stuff, using Boots as a comparison,

    Xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you my lovely :) yeah that's what I think, I feel like the stuff in Boots is getting pretty pricey, you can pay up to £8-£9 for a lipstick and get one for a few pound more from mac or benefit which is much better quality! glad someone else agrees :) xxx

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. ooh really? :) give it ago hun! :) xxx

      Delete
  10. So jealous! I really want a MAC foundation

    Roxy's Box of Tricks  

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh save up and treat yourself hun! :) i'm sure it'll be worth it! xxx

      Delete
  11. i wish MAC would do more pinked toned foundations! They are all wayyyy to beige on me for me to bother buying one

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I know what you mean, I find that they run a lot more yellow than they do pink as well! xx

      Delete
  12. Great review! I really like good coverage foundations so this sounds perfect for me. I had this but had bought the totally wrong colour as I couldn't be bothers to queue for a proper colour match and I noticed the smell reminded me of acrylic paint! But I need to retry this x x

    CandyxCosmetics.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun! Yeah I know i'm the same, haha I just chose any colour on line because I didn't have a clue and then it came and I was horrified by the colour haha try again hun! :) maybe it'll be 2nd time lucky for you too! xxx

      Delete
  13. Wow, what an amazing thorough review. I love it :) I bought this in the new NW10 shade but I've not tried it yet as I wanna photograph it before I make it messy haha! Your review has made me so excited to try it though :) xx ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great review hun! I know many people dislike MAC foundations cuz they tend to be too heavy, but I actually quite like them! Need to try out this one though.. <3

    I am running an International Giveaway on my blog now, and I'd love it if you enter! :))

    XO,
    http://www.rosychicc.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds so great I've only tried a mac foundation once before and I LOVED it its so lovely!

    Jamie-Lee|Glitter Infatuation Beauty Blog! x

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate and read every single one of my comments, check back too because I reply to every single one, I figure you took the time to write me a comment so I should take the time to reply! (although it sometimes takes me a few days) if you have any specific enquiries or want to reach me sooner with a question feel free to email me gemmabullock@icloud.com. Thank you so much for your support x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Gem Bullock
Blogger Templates made by pipdig