Sunday 16 December 2012

Updated Makeup Routine


Hi Girls,

For a while I've been in a bit of a rut with my makeup and the products I was wearing on my face from one day to the next. But, at the beginning of last week it was my birthday so I got gifted a few makeup items from my family and boyfriend and I've also spent some money on buying some new beauty products to try out. It's been quite a while since I last showed you guys what products I've been using on my face so I thought I would would do this post and update you on what products I'm loving at the moment and what products have been featuring in my daily makeup routine. I think they're actually is only one product within my current makeup bag that is actually an oldish product, so this should all be new for you all! Also before I get into this I just wanted to apologise for the rubbish photo quality in this post, it was about 3/4 o'clock when I tried to take these photo's and my camera just wasn't picking up any light at all but I thought it would be better to at least add one photo rather than adding none at all.



The first step after moisturising my face in the mornings is using the Rimmel Fix and Perfect primer, this is quite a nice primer, it lasts well on the face and leaves my skin feeling fairly smooth. Recently I've completely changed my foundation routine. First of all I start off with my Mac Studio Fix Foundation in NC15 all over the face, I won't say too much because i'm planning on doing a full post on this foundation some time soon but I really like it, it's such a full coverage foundation and I love the finish it leaves on my skin and how it lasts all day. In order to counteract the dark circles I then use my Rimmel ‘Wake me up’ concealer, this is a good concealer to just help add light to the area but I would say the coverage isn’t the best so I just use it to help lighten the darkest circles a bit. Next, I use the Mac Studio Finish concealer in NC15 also and I just spread this on any blemishes and over my dark circles. I then finish off my foundation routine with the Mac Studio Fix powder in C2, this is a good powder because it lasts all day and locks in your foundation really well, and it’s quite full coverage but doesn’t leave you looking cakey so I’ve been really liking this. Next I dust some Bourjois Poudre Bronzante on my cheekbones and all over my face if I wanted too add a bit more colour to my face and then lastly I dust Topshop's crescent moon highlighter over my cheekbones and cupid's bow to add a bit more definition to my face.

Once I’ve done the steps I’ve spoke about above I move on to my eye makeup, during the day I don’t like to wear a lot of eyeshadow, I normally focus on eyeshadow more when I’m going on nights out or when I have slightly longer to do my makeup. During the day I tend too just go for a more natural look on the eye area. Anyway, the products I’ve been using on my eyes lately are all actually L’Oreal, and I absolutely love them all. I curl my eyelashes and then use the L’Oreal telescopic mascara on my lashes, I use this first because it really lengthens my lashes and gives me all the length I need, I then use L’Oreal’s million lashes over the top, the reason for doing another step with my mascara is because this mascara is amazing at giving my lashes a lot of volume where as the telescopic is better at adding extra length to my lashes so together they are a perfect combination. The last thing I do to finish my eye makeup is too use L’Oreal’s super liner, I love every single version of the super liners by L’Oreal, they are perfect and so easy to use and line your eye with and I find this to be really quick and simple during the day time.

The last step in my daily makeup routine is the lips, I firstly use the gorgeous Topshop lipstick in innocence, which is a lovely milky pink colour and super creamy too! And then on top I like to use my Mac crème sheen glass in ‘Going Casual’, I think together this creates a beautiful but natural lip look.

Thanks for reading,
What products feature in your daily makeup routinue?
Lots of love
Gem xxx
SHARE:

16 comments

  1. Love the Bourjois bronzer, amazing pigmentation and lasts sooo long. i'll never use another again! Haven't been able to get on with the Topshop highlighter though, I find it's not fine enough. I use a cream highlighter from maybelline, the dream touch blush in peach goes on so smoothly, gives my face that dewy look without being too overpowering.
    zoeyinwonderland.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah I think that the Bourjois Bronzer is a really amazing product for the price. I've been having a bit of the same problem with the Topshop highlighter, it depends what brush I use to apply it but if I use the right brush it seems to work out with me! thanks for the recommendation of the Maybelline dream touch blush though, I will definitely look out for that! xxx

      Delete
  2. I keep seeing the Rimmel primer everywhere, may have to try it out! I used to use the studio finish concealer but found it too dry and cakey for my skin, I use the mineralise one now.

    Great post :)

    www.SamuelJamesMorris.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes defo try it out, it's such a great product!! Yeah at first I found that the product was dry and cakey too, but I find if I use it on a brush it seems to blend in better? I do want to try the mineralize one though so let me know how you get on with it! :)

      Delete
  3. I really wanna try the Bourjois Chocolate bronzer :) I've heard so many good things about it :)

    www.fashionandbeautyrelated.blogspot.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's one of the fav's of all the bloggers I think, I've had it for so long and it's always worked for me! :) x

      Delete
  4. Loved this post, always wanted to try out the lipstick from Topshop! I'm a new follower to your lovely blog and I would adore if you checked it out and told me what you think! Thanks for sharing :)

    http://thegreenraybans.blogspot.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! :) I really like the topshop lipstick, I want to get a few more that I've heard about but I have to order mine online because no topshops around me sell them :( which is a bit of a bummer! thank you for the follow, will defo check your blog out! good luck x

      Delete
  5. I need MAC Studio Fix. A friend recently recommended it to me & I can't stop thinking about it. Haha.

    I usually wear a black eyeliner, mascara, a little blush & lipstick to work. I never leave my eyebrows undone.

    Sarah
    PrettyGloss - makeup, beauty & a lil gibberish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha let yourself splurge, it's after Christmas now so you can't feel guilty! oooh your daily routine sounds nice and simple! x

      Delete
  6. Hello!! really lovely blog.. really like that!! can u also check mine and let me know what u think about it?? we can also follow each other.. my blog is what girls want and u can find me on http://robertagervasi.blogspot.it/
    thank u and merry xmas
    xoxo

    rob

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for the comment :) will check your blog out soon xx

      Delete
  7. thank you for the invite! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know what i'd do without MSF concealer, it's just perfect!

    http://ceeonbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate and read every single one of my comments, check back too because I reply to every single one, I figure you took the time to write me a comment so I should take the time to reply! (although it sometimes takes me a few days) if you have any specific enquiries or want to reach me sooner with a question feel free to email me gemmabullock@icloud.com. Thank you so much for your support x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Gem Bullock
Blogger Templates made by pipdig