Tuesday 14 May 2013

Everyday Makeup Routinue









Hi Ladies, Hope you're all okay! Sorry for the lack of posts recently, if you follow me on twitter you probably know why and if not then I've just been taking a little break from blogging for a bit. Anyway I thought a really nice post to do would be to show you all what the main products are that I reach for every single day and kind of my everyday makeup routine  I love seeing these kind of posts probably because i'm a huge nosey parker so hopefully you enjoy this too. And I will be back soon properly! I promise.

Face
Now there are two foundations that I think are pretty perfect and they're the ones I use on an everyday basis. Recently (as in the last week or so) I've been favoring my Mac Studio Fix Foundation over my Rimmel Wake Me Up, but normally I'll switch between the two on a daily basis and I slather either of them on with my Real Techniques Expert Face brush. Next I will take my Mac Studio Finish Concealer and use this to cover up any redness on my face or any spots or blemishes that I don't want anyone too see. The next step is to apply Fake Up by Benefit underneath my eye area in a V motion and then blend it upwards under the eye area with my fingers. I like to use my fingers because I feel like it really helps to warm up and blend in the product for a seemless coverage of those pesky dark circles. Next I will set all of my face makeup with my Rimmel Stay Matte face powder and my Real Techniques Powder Brush, I mainly concentrate on sweeping powder over my forehead and my nose and focus the most attention on my oily t-zone. The next step to finish off my face for an everyday look would be to add some bronzer and a contour. I keep two bronzing products in my everyday makeup bag and pretty much switch between the two. The first one is the Chanel Bronze Universal which I normally apply on my Real Techniques Buffing Brush to contour both my cheek bones and my temples and then I would go over with a bit of Nars Laguna Bronzer to both intensify the contour and also just generally bronze the face up. I'm not a massive blush fan so to be honest on an everyday basis I normally skip blush and highlighter and move on to the eyes. My everyday makeup consists of a lot of basic and quick steps which can get me ready as quickly as possible and out of the door.

Eyes
For the eyes I go really simple and natural during the day, I don't particularly like wearing eye shadow on an every day basis but I do wear it sometimes depending on my mood but for an average day I find it saves time if I skip it. Anyway I firstly line my upper lash line with either the maybelline gel eyeliner which I love or the L'oreal Super Liner. The reason I have two is that I use them for different reasons, I would use the L'oreal one if I want to create a flick or i'll use the maybelline one if I want a more soft and natural liner. I've just realized that I was a complete idiot when I was photographing these products because I forgot to photograph my mascara! Anyway I've inserted a picture now of Benefit's they're real which is my go to mascara, this is the sample size from Elle magazine but I have the full size and love it too. Anyway, I curl my lashes and then apply my Benefit they're real mascara to them so that I end up with really long and volumised lashes. The next step is too fill in my eyebrows, I love filling in my brows because I love how it defines your face but I find it such a hard process, anyway I use the MUA Brow Kit and use the darkest shade to fill in my eyebrows, I use my real techniques angled eyeliner brush for this part.

Lips
Lastly I pop on a lipstick because I feel that it just completes the look and leaves my makeup looking finished and polished. I normally switch between two different lipsticks for everyday wear. I will normally just go for my favourite lipstick of all time which is Mac Angel, I find that this is the perfect lipstick to just chuck on in the day and is perfect for school or work or pretty much whatever you're doing during the day. I've recently been wearing nude lipsticks a lot more though and I love this Rimmel Lasting Perfection lipstick in 700 or I go for the Revlon Lip Butter in creme brulee.

Lots of Love,
Gem x
SHARE:

30 comments

  1. I love Benefit They're Real Mascara. It's my current favourite! Saying that, I actually completely hated it at first and couldn't understand the hype. That soon changed though once I got used to it! Now I can't stop singing its praises! Great post.

    Belle x
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you like the Stay Matte powder?

    Simple Charm Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading these posts and seeing what people use everyday! I love Benefit mascara it's one of my holy grails. I haven't purchases it in ages because I'm trying to use up all my other mascaras haha.

    Sarah
    morethanadored.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your routine! so interesting to see what everyone uses! the soleil tan de chanel is one of my personal favourites! it's beautiful on and the packaging is gorgeous of course!

    -ariel* xoxo
    www.chiclookxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you have a range of highend and drugstore makeup!
    I bought the Benefit Fake Up yesterday and can't wait to use it!

    egtx3.blogspot.co.uk
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Mac Studio Fix foundation :) I freak out when I run out of it!

    Amina || Blog: Oh just one more ||

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really want to try studio fix and fake up! Perfect face combination x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your blog is too perfect. <3 Love MAC and NARS products!
    Follow me and I'll follow you. <3
    xx
    http://www.lipglossandlattes.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love Mac Products and i use this powder too. Lovely post

    Carrieanne x

    http://imjustalittlepixie.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful products, especially the lipsticks :) So pretty!
    Love, Leo x
    ___
    Pompous Crackpot Notions

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Gem!

    Love your blog! Just spent far too long reading when I need to be revising for my exam tomorrow - oops! I have yet to try MUA however think you have persuaded me!

    My blog is still a baby I've had it up for a few weeks now, so would really appreciate it if you took a little look if you have a minute
    I will enjoy following you and look forward to your future posts!!

    www.beleza-byems.blogspot.co.uk

    Emily xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. stay matt powder is always a winner with me. good shout! xx



    http://cassandrafayblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. I use the MAC studio fix fluid every day, love it! x

    Alavish.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely post sweetie :)
    I really love these kind of posts :)
    Lately my makeup routine consist of mascara, eyeliner and lipstick.. usually a red lipstick but sometimes I choose pink or berry :)
    I don´t know why I go so light now a days when it comes to makeup :)
    You have a wonderful blog btw :)
    Im a new follower through Bloglovin and GFC :)
    hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. some great products here! jealous of your mac lipstick - gorgeous colour :) ! x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, your everyday routine is amazing!!!! We love mac lipstick!!!

    We are your new followers! If you like, come on our blog :-D
    kiss ♥
    Gastro Online Fashion Blog
    Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love knowing what people put On their face on a day to day basis...
    I've got a M.A.C giveaway on my blog at the minute, would love for you to check it out.

    www.beautybook13.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMG there isn't anything I don't like here ._.

    A loser like me
    GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ahh, Chanel Bronze Universel. It should be in every girls daily make-up!!!!!! xxx

    http://coquetnoelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love Benefit's they're real mascara too!!

    Sarah| Beauty and Lemonade xo

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love reading about peoples everyday routine. Its great to see what others are using. Big big fan of the 'They're real' x
    http://heroineinheels.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great post, might have to try out the brow kit!

    check out my blog?
    http://mollymunslow.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love Mac Angel - such a gorgeous shade which can be used for all events!! That Rimmel shade in Nude looks lovely aswell and I love Rimmel lipsticks because they're so cheap & fabulous quality xx

    CandyxCosmetics.blogspot.co.uk | For All Things Beauty - x -

    ReplyDelete
  24. nice post! love mac lipstickes!

    http://pomegranateandcoffee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lovely post! Love all your make up for your everyday look, especially the mac lipsticks! Just started following you!

    Fashionxobeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lovely pics and a nice easy everyday look. The MUA eyebrow kit is actually the only one I have found so far that looks good on me! People seem to forget about the cheaper products and assume they're not worth it. Also love Benefit They're Real though ;) Love that you use both budget and high-end products :)
    xxx
    www.painted-doll.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Mac studio fix all the way! Lovely blog girl! :)

    Followed!
    www.emilyroseperrin.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love the lippies! The benefit mascara really works like a charm. have one myself :)

    www.fionnac.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate and read every single one of my comments, check back too because I reply to every single one, I figure you took the time to write me a comment so I should take the time to reply! (although it sometimes takes me a few days) if you have any specific enquiries or want to reach me sooner with a question feel free to email me gemmabullock@icloud.com. Thank you so much for your support x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Gem Bullock
Blogger Templates made by pipdig